• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

News keeps getting worse for Stl

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wingsauce.... cross ownership rules do not apply if all the teams are in the same city. He can buy the Broncos from the Bowlen Trust if he chooses. Personally, I think he needs to sell the Rams to a St Louis based group, lease the soon to be built stadium to a tennant, and buy the Broncos and create his stronghold in Denver.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks is that LA is NOT a football city. Never has been. They have lost numerous teams and the fans are fickle to say the least. I think after losing the football Cards, StL realized what they had been missing and supported the Rams(didn't hurt with "The greatest show on turf). I remember going to Cardnals games at Busch and being heckled by the opposing teams' fans because we were outnumbered. Bill Bidwell was an atrocious Owner and didn't deserve more than he got, but after losing a team, it's difficult to replace one.

Too bad for St Louis. Hopefully another team show up there.

I can't imagine a third team trying to move to St. Louis. 2 teams will have left, don't think they'll get a "third strike".

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wingsauce.... cross ownership rules do not apply if all the teams are in the same city. He can buy the Broncos from the Bowlen Trust if he chooses. Personally, I think he needs to sell the Rams to a St Louis based group, lease the soon to be built stadium to a tennant, and buy the Broncos and create his stronghold in Denver.

I have heard he will sell the Rams to a close friend in St. Louis. Just one of many rumors.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks is that LA is NOT a football city. Never has been. They have lost numerous teams and the fans are fickle to say the least. I think after losing the football Cards, StL realized what they had been missing and supported the Rams(didn't hurt with "The greatest show on turf). I remember going to Cardnals games at Busch and being heckled by the opposing teams' fans because we were outnumbered. Bill Bidwell was an atrocious Owner and didn't deserve more than he got, but after losing a team, it's difficult to replace one.

Too bad for St Louis. Hopefully another team show up there.
:L

Where do you people come up with these things?

The Rams in Los Angeles were in the top half of the League in attendance in all but 12 seasons during the 48 years in LA. They were in the top 5 in attendance in half of those years (24) and were #1 in the League in 11 seasons. The total attendance average during their say in LA finished with 5,000 above the league's average during the same time period.

To those in LA, it was obvious that Georgia Frontiere mismanaged the team so badly just so she may cry foul and bankruptcy due to lack of community support. Her attempt to move the team was initially blocked by a League vote based on mismanagement causing her plight but Paul Tagliabue gave in to the move to St Louis after Ms Frontiere threatened to sue the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tell 'em Vita. Some of these people come up with some the damnedest things!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Where do you people come up with these things?

The Rams in Los Angeles were in the top half of the League in attendance in all but 12 seasons during the 48 years in LA. They were in the top 5 in attendance in half of those years (24) and were #1 in the League in 11 seasons. The total attendance average during their say in LA finished with 5,000 above the league's average during the same time period.

To those in LA, it was obvious that Georgia Frontiere mismanaged the team so badly just so she may cry foul and bankruptcy due to lack of community support. Her attempt to move the team was initially blocked by a League vote based on mismanagement causing her plight but Paul Tagliabue gave in to the move to St Louis after Ms Frontiere threatened to sue the NFL.

You tell 'em Vita. Some of these people come up with some the damnedest things!

Only problem is that was then, and this is now. Times do change. And there are alot of teams in California....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem is that was then, and this is now. Times do change. And there are alot of teams in California....
Even though 48 years is a very good sample size times do change. And speaking of all those California teams here in the South land, LA supports them and has been supporting them. Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Angels all have great attendance records some of the best in their respective Leagues.

:nod:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but how's the barbeque. The ribs how are they.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine a third team trying to move to St. Louis. 2 teams will have left, don't think they'll get a "third strike".
This doesn't make any sense. LA, Chicago and NY beat every other city without trying when it comes to potential money. I don't think that says anything about St Louis. It might make the actual people in STL a little gun shy to support a 3rd team with no local history, though.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't make any sense. LA, Chicago and NY beat every other city without trying when it comes to potential money. I don't think that says anything about St Louis. It might make the actual people in STL a little gun shy to support a 3rd team with no local history, though.
St Louis has proven themselves over the years. This is more about the contract that Georgia went into to provide a top tier stadium and bad timing for St Louis to get er done.

I think St Louis is a prime target of the NFL for an expansion team in the future if the Rams do move, much in the way of the Cleveland Browns a few years back.

Since expansion is a prime objective of the NFL, I would not be surprised to see St Louis in the mix down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St Louis has proven themselves over the years. This is more about the contract that Georgia went into to provide a top tier stadium and bad timing for St Louis to get er done.

I think St Louis is a prime target of the NFL for an expansion team in the future if the Rams do move, much in the way of the Cleveland Browns a few years back.

Since expansion is a prime objective of the NFL I would not be surprised to see St Louis in the mix down the road.
I'm still skeptical about all of this actually happening. LA being vacant was the leverage to get every other team worried. Without that leverage, owners will have to pony up more of their own cash for renovations.

Expansion would ruin the game, imo. I think there is a better chance that the Chargers get bumped somewhere else due to losing their LA fans

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still skeptical about all of this actually happening. LA being vacant was the leverage to get every other team worried. Without that leverage, owners will have to pony up more of their own cash for renovations.

Expansion would ruin the game, imo. I think there is a better chance that the Chargers get bumped somewhere else due to losing their LA fans
Brother Clayton, expansion has been good for the game. When the Rams were playing in LA back in 1946 there were 10 teams.

The League will grow. Not sure about the whole London thing. I think possibly Mexico maybe a Canada team and a few sites like LA or St Louis (Whichever doesn't have a team) I'm old, I've seen a lot of expansion in the NFL and it's always been good for the league. You youngins have only seen the league the way it's been for a while. There are growing pains but it has ALWAYS turned out for the best. Contraction has never hit the lips of the NFL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brother Clayton, expansion has been good for the game. When the Rams were playing in LA back in 1946 there were 10 teams.

The League will grow. Not sure about the whole London thing. I think possibly Mexico maybe a Canada team and a few sites like LA or St Louis (Whichever doesn't have a team) I'm old, I've seen a lot of expansion in the NFL and it's always been good for the league. You youngins have only seen the league the way it's been for a while. There are growing pains but it has ALWAYS turned out for the best. Contraction has never hit the lips of the NFL.
Ruin might be a bit strong. The NFL has 2 trends going in separate directions. In 20 years its either going to be a watered down league of flag football or its going to be twice as big as it is now. I worry about the quality of the competition but at the same time, its not like any of the other sports have any chance of catching football.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expansion would make some rearrangement necessary. Right now, the NFL has a nicely balanced system of 8 divisions of 4 teams. Adding two teams (can't just add one without making byes every week) will throw the scheduling out of whack.

The easier answer would be relocation. LA gets a team to move (looking like the Rams, and maybe even San Diego or the Raiders). Clearly, the Jags should be a target for relocation (covering big sections of the stadium under a tarp to look less empty isn't a good sign, lol).

Mexico is a tough sell, given the border and violence issues in many areas. Canada would most likely mean Toronto, which already has the CFL; not sure they are looking to add the NFL. I could see a team in perhaps San Antonio, Alabama, or somewhere else in the south that has such a dedicated college and high school football foundation. I don't know that St Louis would be a high priority to get another team if they lose their second in the Rams.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Mexico and Canada are in the big picture. The CFL has done well and is sort of a testing ground for the NFL. I can actually see some scenarios that could absorb CFL teams in expansion as happened in the past with the AFL and NFL.

Mexico has been tested and has done well in the past. Excellent points are made for safety under the current circumstances however a lot can change on the political scene, so in terms of a 20 year plan as Clayton has suggested, a lot of possibilities are still on the table. Those scenarios are available more so than a successful move or expansion of the NFL in Europe IMO.