• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New stadium info: Stadium to cost over 1.2bil - Countdown to August 2014

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Niners closing in on naming-rights deal | ProFootballTalk

If true, it would land as the 4th richest naming rights deal per year if you can count the Los Angeles stadium where obviously there is no team yet.

Do you know if teams typically use the naming rights to pay back the loans they took out to build the stadium? I'd consider doing that if I were an owner.

Also, do you know the numbers on the payment plan for the 49ers stadium loans? Would 12-14 mil exceed, cover, or just be a portion of what the 49ers have to pay back to the NFL and whomever else they borrowed from per year?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you know if teams typically use the naming rights to pay back the loans they took out to build the stadium? I'd consider doing that if I were an owner.

Also, do you know the numbers on the payment plan for the 49ers stadium loans? Would 12-14 mil exceed, cover, or just be a portion of what the 49ers have to pay back to the NFL and whomever else they borrowed from per year?

I have no clue on either.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
lol if you go and read some of the suggested names in the article, they are pretty funny. "Google Grounds", "Apple iPark", etc.. haha

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers stadium leaders dispute racism charges by civil rights groups - San Jose Mercury News

Guess we should post the bad stories along with the good. I don't know anything about how they select contractors for stuff like this, I always figured it was the lowest bidder and then the possibility of corruption through the good ole boy network of hooking up your friends with the lucrative contracts. I'd be surprised if whoever is in charge actively tried to avoid hiring minority owned businesses... but I guess that is always a possibility.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In the article it said black owned companies should get the jobs because the black athletes are what made the team win. What a crap load of bull crap. The best companies with the best background with the best contract gets the jobs. This shit pisses me off.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win a tour of stadium with Joe Staley

Not sure how long this link will work but I just saw this on the 49ers team page and thought you guys in the Bay Area might want to take a shot at getting a tour of the new stadium with Joe Staley. Looks like all you have to do is give them your Name, Email, Phone #.

Probably won't win but hey, it'd be kinda neat if you did.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't most fans jump out of their seats to cheer for big hits? Seems like most of the time the fans won't even be sitting when the chair starts shaking.

Bay Area could all but clinch 50th Super Bowl bid at 49ers' new stadium on Friday - San Jose Mercury News

Anywhoooozle, guess tomorrow is the big vote.

Good news. Miami, whom I believe is a rival in this bid (?), isn't getting any help from their legislature this session to build or improve their stadium.

Florida Legislature refuses to help aid Miami Dolphins

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: 49ers to announce naming rights deal with Levi's

Levi's? Levi's? Hmm........