• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New stadium info: Stadium to cost over 1.2bil - Countdown to August 2014

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for starting this thread up on this board Pozz! It is great to go to a single thread to keep up with all the new stadium info. Much appreciated Sir!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Pozz, forgot to mention I stickied it for you.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks, Ray. That would have saved me 5-10 minutes each time if I would have had that option on the old boards. That'll be nice.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha! No kidding. So many times I just gave up trying to find stuff not on the first few pages.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santa Clara or SF next to the Naval Yard is what it will probably come down to. Carmen Policy was on the paper a few weeks ago trying to get the word out about a possible site in the city. Going to really depend on how the Yorks plan to finance the stadium and how much involvement the city's residents will have here.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ba-stadium04_PH1_0503885768.jpg

Looking at the model, it looks like a really nice stadium. When would it be completed?

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really want to be excited about this. Just can't get there yet. Hate to sound so cup half empty but it just seems like there is still some significant hurdles to get over. Someone feel free to tell me how wrong I am!

You are not wrong at all. Right now all we have is talk, until there is a stadium, there is no stadium. However, this latest step taken by the Santa Clara City Counsel just restates their commitment to the project.

Right now, the only 'big hurdle' between talk and shovels is the private financing. Unfortunately, this is where the idea of cohabitating with the Raiders comes in.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not wrong at all. Right now all we have is talk, until there is a stadium, there is no stadium. However, this latest step taken by the Santa Clara City Counsel just restates their commitment to the project.

Right now, the only 'big hurdle' between talk and shovels is the private financing. Unfortunately, this is where the idea of cohabitating with the Raiders comes in.

I wonder if they consider it after what happened last week. the 49ers and raiders in the same area would be no bueno

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if they consider it after what happened last week. the 49ers and raiders in the same area would be no bueno

Unfortunately, what happened last week will have little to no bearing at all on the stadium sharing part of the relationship. It might influence some creative insurance, but if the money dictates we have to share, then we share.

What I will dislike the most is changing all the colors to something neutral, removing the 49er logos and the small things that create a strong 49er environment.

I will add this. Where last Saturday's events might have a strong negative influence is if the relationship is intended to be a sub-lease relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like M Dubb said, it's more about the money/community backing more than anything. However, it will have some bearing on the situation with the gang fights from that one event.

The only thing, however, is that although the area where the proposed new 49er stadium would be is safer than the location of the current stadium, Santa Clara County itself is not free from gang violence and I would imagine the new stadium would be an easier time for the southbay versions of gangs in SF to get to.