• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New SportsHoopla Packers

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tough because there were so many really bad ones.

Yeah, it got so bad I just left. There were maybe 4 or 5 other posters on that board that were legit, yourself and Jedster included. I'd say Wookie, Hesterly, and AllDay55 were the other 3 that were legit. Other than "Alex Mueller"s squad, I'd have to say Blaise Winter was a troll and a half. He'd argue anyone for the sake of arguing with people. Then you've got that Holy Terra moron and Ahman34 who just posted really childish stuff.:wtf2:

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it got so bad I just left. There were maybe 4 or 5 other posters on that board that were legit, yourself and Jedster included. I'd say Wookie, Hesterly, and AllDay55 were the other 3 that were legit. Other than "Alex Mueller"s squad, I'd have to say Blaise Winter was a troll and a half. He'd argue anyone for the sake of arguing with people. Then you've got that Holy Terra moron and Ahman34 who just posted really childish stuff.:wtf2:

I used to love that board. Posting in game threads, talking about the draft but the trolls and bums really took over so I left. Really excited about talking Packers again with other GB fans

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It got really bad there at the end......with the return of Moes, which I thought we were done with long ago......I got so fed up with Berk and all of his aliases also.....

Yep and Blaise just likes to argue for the sake of arguing......but I didn't mind him that much......He and Wook would have those marathon arguments....lol

Last edited by a moderator:

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decided to come over here and give this site a try. I liked the ESPN boards, and hopefully some of the same people come here...I've already noticed a few. I actually thought it went downhill when that group came over NFL.com....a lot of really annoying posts there. Hopefully we don't have that effect on this board!

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a fan since I was 11 and I bought football cards instead of baseball cards. the magik man was da man! lol iguess some of us are just lucky. only a couple lean years since. The worst was 6-10, and we lost 7 games by 8 points or less. and most were by 4 or less. Rodgers first year starting. And easy to tell GB was going to be good. Anyways. Been a 365 day a year fan for at least a decade now. Borderline OCD.
My favorite was when We played seattle in the playoffs. Favres last win in GB as a Packer. We started by Grant fumbling twice in the first 3 plays. One returned for TD. The other returned to the 5 and was a TD the next play. Down 14-0 less than a minute in. AND WE STARTED WITH THE BALL!!! Everyone was quiet. But if you turn the TV way up you can hear me freaking out rallying everyone (probabally) I was flippin out and very optimistic still. We finished 40something-17. Destroyed them the rest of the game. And Im pretty sure I helped. The snow was absolutely awesome in that electric atmosphere too. hard to beat it.
Favre/Rodgers are my favorite. Favre still #1. But I would pick Rodgers at his best vs Favre at his best as my QB.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot about the 4-12 Thompson rebuild year. Guess I blocked it out:)

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the boards Now get a load of this asshole...

easley-tate070713.jpg

Seattle fans should be embarrassed.

cd4packers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings Packer fans!

I am new to this site. I am, however, not new to Sports forums. Hope to enjoy some great football conversations here in the future. And I hope most of you are not adverse to some trash talking...especially when it comes to the fortywhiners and Duh Bears. :)

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It got really bad there at the end......with the return of Moes, which I thought we were done with long ago......I got so fed up with Berk and all of his aliases also.....

Yep and Blaise just likes to argue for the sake of arguing......but I didn't mind him that much......He and Wook would have those marathon arguments....lol

Yeah, when Blaise/Trick would sign into his Fan0074 name. That was when you knew he was mad.

ahmangreen34

ahmangreen34
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi I am a newbie on here as well and was on nfl.com for over 4 years until our war rooms were shut down because of a few trolls. There were a lot of nice and great Packer fans on ESPN. I am a Texas girl and I have been a Packer fan all of my life. My dad was a college football coach in Texas. A player named Doug Hart #43 played for UTA and when he graduated Vince Lombardi came down and met with him personally. Doug Hart was my big brother and hero so when he went to the Packers when I was 5 years old I became a Packer fan. I claim Wisconsin as my second home and have been going back almost every year for the past 20 years. My very first game in Lambeau was when we beat the Seahawks in overtime after Hasslebeck said after the coin toss "We have the ball, we going to score and win." I was sitting in the 3rd row behind the uprights Al Harris ran the interception into. We were all excited we were sitting in the fanny patting section. The problem was the Packers organization wouldn't let the Packers do the Lambeau Leap out of respect for Mike H.
That was ok, I will never ever forget the first game in Lambeau. Every Packer game is the best. I live in the DFW, Texas metroplex and got to experience the SB festivities when we won the SB and tailgated there all during the game. I met MM and Don Capers at the hotel the Friday night before the SB just by accident when they were leaving and got to talk to them and shake their hands. Way too many great things to mention. I love them all. I am so ready to yell GO PACK GO GO PACK GO. SMILE GO PACK GO

ahmangreen34

ahmangreen34
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey cd4 and I am new here as well. I am also a nfl.com poster, but I do love to talk football and learn things from wise football fans. I have been a die hard Packer fan since I was 5 years old since a x Packer player Doug Hart #43 graduated from UTA where my dad coached college football. My 1st best experience was my first game in Lambeau when we beat the Seahawks in overtime. I was sitting in the third row that Harris ran the interception into. The 2nd was at Jerrys World tailgating during the SB and meeting tons of great Packer fans and great Steeler fans and of coarse winning. SMILE GO PACK GO

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been a Packers fan since 64, yeah, yeah I know, I am an old fuck

was but a wee lad at that the time but old enough to know that they were for real. Unfortunately, when I got to the point where I was a die hard football fan, I had to endure the "Dark Ages" of the 70's and 80's. Sure there were a few bright spots along the way, John Brockington, Travis Williams, Lynn Dickey, the "Polish Rifle" but, for the most part, this team was horrible for 2 decades. Thank GOD for the last 20 years though. How fortunate to have back to back HOFers, IMO, at the QB position.

The team looks poised to make a deeper run into the post season this year and I can't wait for the it to get started. Especially because the Brewers decided to shit their pants early and often and are already out of contention.

Look forward to this year and to talk football with y'all. And oh, by the way, the Bears still suck :)

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See some of the ESPN names registering... so will try this on for size.

Grew up in Fox Valley close to Green Bay in the 1970s, no other option than to be a Packers fan. That is all there is in NE Wisconsin.

Packers memories
Lambeau experiences:
- at playoff game when held Sanders to -3 yards
- at game of first Lambeau Leap (Butler)
- at Steelers game Yancy Thigpen dropped ball to give Packers division
- at Buc´s snow bowl game
Other experiences:
- NFCC Game 1996 season vs Carolina at Stadium View with my former high school buddies... had to be in Green Bay for this game. Growing up in 1970s never thought I would see Packers getting to a Super Bowl.
- Training camp 2010 with my father, first time he had ever gone
- Becoming shareholder... my mother surprised me for Christmas - have to say I enjoy being shareholder for the sentimental value and joking with uncle and some buddies that are also shareholders
- Living for brief period in Green Bay itself. I could walk out on game day and hear the crowd at times after big play...also could see the stadium from my 2nd floor of house.

Used to get to a game a year in 80´s to mid 90´s for most part. But since have lived too far away as move around. Last game at Lambeau way back in 98. My grandfather used to go to the games at Old City Stadium.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decided to come over here and give this site a try. I liked the ESPN boards, and hopefully some of the same people come here...I've already noticed a few. I actually thought it went downhill when that group came over NFL.com....a lot of really annoying posts there. Hopefully we don't have that effect on this board!

Blaise just said on the ESPN Board that he's got a Blaise Winter account here that he might use. :L

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys another refugee from ESPN here. Born and raised in Wisconsin and a Packer fan. Grew up during the disaster of the 80's so alot of my childhood memories are of crappy football. But for as bad as they were, I will still argue with you until blue in the face that if the Packers had a top 10 defense between 81 and 83 they would have been a serious Super Bowl contender. Good to meet you all and looking forward to the season.