• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New SportsHoopla Packers

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check in and introduce yourselves. Tell us a little bit about your Packer experience. Favorite players. Favorite memories. Anything!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People generally call me Forkem, Forky, or Bucky.

Picking a favorite all time Packer is tough, but for me I think it's still Reggie White.

My favorite memories, if I have to break it down to plays... Probably when Howard Green tipped Big Ben's pass and Nick Collins hauled it for a pick six. Clay forcing that fumble when Picket "spilled" the run play and sent Mendenhal right at Clay. Favre to Jennings in Denver. Reggie's three sacks in the Super Bowl. Dez Howard taking it all the way in the Super Bowl. Rodgers to Driver in that must win game against the 49ers.

Lambeau Leap

Master of the Yuniverse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling Sharpe was my all-time favorite Packer, could have been an all-time great barring that injury. Can't go wrong with Reggie, though.

Favorite memories include the 2 superbowl wins (obviously), Favre's awesomeness in the Oakland game right after his father died and Favre's first ever pass in the NFL when he caught it off the head of the opposing lineman. After watching the Packers pretty much suck since I started supporting them in '78, that was the moment things got "interesting".

It's (mostly) been a fun ride ever since.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I temember that moment too. Even in our basement, the tone changed. We knew we had something different.

We forgot about the first ever Lambeau Leap from Leroy Butler!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey keep checking in. Sooner or later tk83 will figure out you guys are here and he's going to want to say hi.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Packers fan as long as I have, there are so many memories. Some good, some bad. This Antonio Freeman catch has to rate among my favorite plays, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zPNruyRjS4

Obviously, both Super Bowls are at the top of my list too, however, I have to give the nod to XXXI over XLV. During XXXI I was still bartending. The place I worked at was jam-packed for the game. Busy as hell, but I still got to see a good portion of the game, and when a notable play happened the whole bar stopped to watch the replay, so I could too. After the game, I made sure every single person in the place got a high five or a hug from me. It was absolutely awesome.

Not to mention, the next day, some friends and I went up to Lambeau to greet the Packers. That is where my avatar is from. I took this picture myself on that day. I got some pictures of a few players too, but this is my favorite picture that I have ever taken.

XLV was awesome too, but I was just as much into partying as I was into the game. I remember most of the plays, and I remember having a blast, but the sober celebrating of XXXI was just so much more memorable.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I forget how good Brooks and Freeman were. I remember a few Freeman circus catches. There was one where he somehow tricked a Bear DB into diving with him, but Freeman pulled his dive up short, reached over the top of the Bear, and made a one handed grab of Favre's 'just a little short' pass. I can never find video of it. It was in the endzone, too.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Lambeau Leap (LL for short?), your avatar makes me happy.

Ronster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Packers fan as long as I have, there are so many memories. Some good, some bad. This Antonio Freeman catch has to rate among my favorite plays, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zPNruyRjS4

Obviously, both Super Bowls are at the top of my list too, however, I have to give the nod to XXXI over XLV. During XXXI I was still bartending. The place I worked at was jam-packed for the game. Busy as hell, but I still got to see a good portion of the game, and when a notable play happened the whole bar stopped to watch the replay, so I could too. After the game, I made sure every single person in the place got a high five or a hug from me. It was absolutely awesome.

Not to mention, the next day, some friends and I went up to Lambeau to greet the Packers. That is where my avatar is from. I took this picture myself on that day. I got some pictures of a few players too, but this is my favorite picture that I have ever taken.

XLV was awesome too, but I was just as much into partying as I was into the game. I remember most of the plays, and I remember having a blast, but the sober celebrating of XXXI was just so much more memorable.

Hey brother.

Last edited by a moderator:

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey keep checking in. Sooner or later tk83 will figure out you guys are here and he's going to want to say hi.
'sup?

Actually one of my favorites was working around the house with the final County Stadium game on tv.
When Favre pulled it down, & stumbled in for the winning TD, all I could do was laugh. That was the moment I realized "we may not see a SB, but this guy sure is entertaining!"

Another good one: Levens bursting through a hole you could drive a truck through to the Super Bowl!

. . . And: BJ "The Freezer" dancing a pick six against the Bears.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello...name is Trudem

I was JLovins38225 on the ESPN forum. I have been on SportsHoopla for a little while but almost all my time has been spent on the NHL pages.

Favorite player is tough but I loved me some Sharpe and FAvre obviously, still getting over the heartbreak. Favorite current players are Rodgers and Cobb.

My favorite memory is SB XLV because I was there. My buddy and I drove from Jax, FL and the whole trip was amazing. The win obviously but getting drinks bought for us but a former Packer player and his wife was incredible.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey y'all. I'm coming over here from the ESPN boards. Kinda stinks that they're shutting them down. Great memories, but at least we won't have a board filled with trolls now. :lame: We can also use hilarious emoticons.:clap: I hope to see Ttricknee/Blaise Winter coming over here soon. Great to see you over here Trudem. It'd be helpful to post your new name over here if you've switched your name too so we know who we're talking to. :suds:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey y'all. I'm coming over here from the ESPN boards. Kinda stinks that they're shutting them down. Great memories, but at least we won't have a board filled with trolls now. :lame: We can also use hilarious emoticons.:clap: I hope to see Ttricknee/Blaise Winter coming over here soon. Great to see you over here Trudem. It'd be helpful to post your new name over here if you've switched your name too so we know who we're talking to. :suds:

I started as JLov years ago when I was in high school and after a couple of years wanted to change to Trudem but never could so i used Trudem here.

I hop some of the folks from espn come here but I hope the majority don't...

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new guy

New guy here from the ESPN boards. My name is Chris and I've been a Packers fan for as long as I can remember. My favorite players are the guys that haven't defected to MN. lol Super Bowl wins are always good memories to me

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a long time ESPN poster but stopped after it got filled with trolls talking about Favre or Cutler over Rodgers and other nonsense so I left and never found another Packers forum to post on. Have been on Sports SportsHoopla for two years now but never really posted much on here because it seemed quiet. With ESPN closing, hope to just become a regular poster here with others joining as well.

I'm a junior college student in California. Have never been to Green Bay but was born and raised a Packers fan because of my dad (he has never been to Green Bay either). Love the Packers, (also a Sacramento Kings and San Francisco Giants fan). Favorite player is Aaron Rodgers.

I'm an aspiring sports writer. Write primarily about the NFL, but also baseball and basketball.

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just transferred from the ESPN boards, was there since 1999...have been a Packer fan all my life, lived through the bad and good....glad to be here! I moved to Arizona a while back, but there are a LOT of Packer fans here.......

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just transferred from the ESPN boards, was there since 1999...have been a Packer fan all my life, lived through the bad and good....glad to be here! I moved to Arizona a while back, but there are a LOT of Packer fans here.......

I'd say I look forward to the friendly rivalry between my Giants and your Diamondbacks, but with Giants playing worse than the Cubs. May not be much competition

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say I look forward to the friendly rivalry between my Giants and your Diamondbacks, but with Giants playing worse than the Cubs. May not be much competition
The West is a pretty weak div overall this year......heck we struggled with the Mets, for God's sake....lol

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to see the legit posters from ESPN popping up here. I'm hoping WookieLuvn and AllDay55 show up here too.