• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Song Sucks

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will change it soon. ownership was not happy with the Boos when we scored. It might not go back to the old one but at least they will find one that works

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the one at caa was more like

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Uhhhhhhhhhh
Notice the more hhhhhh

It was long but it went off 3 times after each Devils goal.

Uhhhhhhhh Uhhhhhhhh Uhhhhhhhh

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That song literally took all of the excitement out of the building each time they scored Friday night. it was so bad!!!!!

Good crowd though, the plaza and bars were packed before the game

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I got the email about voting or submitting for the new song. Since I don't live anywhere near NJ and will probably never be at any games, tell me what song you want me to submit or vote to change it to and I will do it. I think everyone here should pick what they want and we agree on a song and start up multiple votes that way.... if everyone here picks something different, it will never change... so what do you all want???

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should've made a list of between 10-20 songs..no doubt that more then 50 percent of the voting is going to be Rock and Roll PT2..so what is the actual point of this?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I got the email about voting or submitting for the new song. Since I don't live anywhere near NJ and will probably never be at any games, tell me what song you want me to submit or vote to change it to and I will do it. I think everyone here should pick what they want and we agree on a song and start up multiple votes that way.... if everyone here picks something different, it will never change... so what do you all want???

Tell them to bring back the original.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm going to go on a little rant here, but watch this video quickly. We're all familiar with it.

It's quite literally the best moment this franchise has had in a decade. It wasn't a cup, but it was as close as you can come. Crazy part, you can tell that they lowered the crowd noise once the chant started and the "You Suck" is still loud. Being in those stands I can tell you it was deafening.

CATER TO THE DAMN PEOPLE THAT MADE THE ROOF COME DOWN THAT NIGHT WHEN THAT GOAL WAS SCORED.

Seriously, please stop catering to the 3 people in the vocal minority that want to complain.

I hate when the PC BS does stuff like this.

The Boston University Ice Hockey "Fuck Em Up, Fuck Em Up, BC SUCKS" chant was removed when I was at BU and it was the worst thing ever. The administration went to war over the student body and the only sport anyone cares about at Boston University is hockey. It's the kind of the school. Miracle on Ice? Mike Eruzione, BU player, captain, scored the winning goal. BU Goalie, Craig, won that game for USA, crazy traditions in both situations. Slightly over the top, and for some reason the powers that be want to neuter the hardcore fans. Frankly we're the ones who keep this team alive through tough stretched. We're the reason the Devils sold out all the home games in the cup run year. Not some Mom who will come to one game a year, when the Devils offer 4 tickets and 4 hotdogs for $20. It just really makes me angry, because now they're like OK let's pick a song you like, and we LIKED THE OLD ONE. So frustrating.

Are we seriously getting so butthurt over the word "sucks".

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm standing by the fact that the media networks forced their hand on this one. As in, change the song or we don't broadcast your games sort of thing. Either was I'm okay with the change. RRII is always gonna be a great goal song, but something unique to the Devils would be awesome, and change is tough at first but in this instance I think it will be better. The Devils don't need more reasons for opposing fans to make fun of the team, and the you suck chants when we are down 4-1 game will cause that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed fully MC..kids these days are exposed to a lot worse then "naughty" language at a young age. I think people should worry about that over what is said at a hockey game where 90 percent of the people in the stands are either teenagers or grownups.

You're still gonna have the Rangers suck , Flyers swallow chants in the crowd 3-4 times a game..ownership isnt going to be able to put an end to that.

So the whole thing is just unnecessary from the start because a small amount of people , who like you said probably attend only 1 game a year if that , made a fuss.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guarantee you this is some new regime BS where they had some meeting and were like let's make this a family friendly arena. I get it, it's important to grow the game, but there are so many young adults who grew up watching this team and hating the Flyers and Rangers. This political correctness BS makes me so mad.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@ dabbs

i do agree with you i think the nhl might have stepped in and said something about the chants. i wouldn't put it past them. only thing is i know that the preds also do this chant i believe

@mc

i i agree 1000000000000000000000% i was at that game 6 against the rangers i will NEVER forget the energy after we scored all of the goals in that game let alone the GWG. i even found myself saying the suck part which i dont do.

to me the best part of the chant isn't even the YOU SUCK. its the part of rangers suck rangers suck. or flyers suck flyers suck.

this is a downside to having a businessman being the owner who is probably just reading charts and graphs with this decision. as oppose to having a businessman fan owner (beek) who was 100% on with the fan.

what the devils really should do is find a medium which i think is pretty easy. put the rock and roll song on for playoff games when it really comes through. play whatever new goal song for the regular season games.

i always thought hearing you suck on a weeknight game against the panthers was kinda stupid anyway. if they do change the song i would really like for them to look into getting something made just for them. like running with the devil is clutch as hell but kinda dated i think. if they could get a jersey band to do a remake on it that would be amazing. i know it would never happen because the money involved but still would be pretty sweet

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was never a fan of the "You Suck" chants, just like I hate the 19 Rangers Suck, Flyers Swallow Whistle chants people do each game.

I just like Rock n' Roll Part 2 for tradition purposes. Growing up the Devils were amazing, when they scored it made me happy, that song played when they scored therefore Pavlov's Dogs, that song brings me joy.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

i say woomp there it is

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was never a fan of the "You Suck" chants, just like I hate the 19 Rangers Suck, Flyers Swallow Whistle chants people do each game.

I just like Rock n' Roll Part 2 for tradition purposes. Growing up the Devils were amazing, when they scored it made me happy, that song played when they scored therefore Pavlov's Dogs, that song brings me joy.

The whistling chant is stupid.

I believe the Hey, You suck chant is sacred.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For potential other songs because they're hell bent on changing it.

I really like Minny's Song:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BeuPjoR_Qs]Minnesota Wild Goal Horn - YouTube[/ame]

And Warriors of time:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VKCLohLM48]Black Tide - Warriors Of Time - YouTube[/ame]

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It really just worries me that they'll never find anything as interactive as Rock and Roll Part 2