• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Rams Fans

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Retro Ram.........another member of the 50+ club here :yahoo:

So far, I like this site, so we'll see how it goes.

Just checked out the new season schedule and think the Rams have a legitimate shot of going 10-6 next season......maybe better. The Texans, Falcons and possibly Saints will be a challenge and the 49er's and Seahawks will also be tough, but we handled them both pretty well last year.

We need a really good draft to make 10-6 or better a reality, but I'm confident it can be done. Here's hoping.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silas!! Go to see you made it. I saw you over on the Lakers forum pages and figured you'd get here to the Rams pages sooner rather than later. Three out of the five of us are here including honorable mention Vita. I was hoping Smed55 and Blue will eventually get here. Vita said he was going to send Blue an email. That would be really cool if at least the rest of the 50+ club all get here. I was also hoping some of the better posters from the old effed-up board would get here as well.

Yea I think 10-6 is very doable this year especially with what will be our O-line and additions to the RBs and WRs with the draft. I see the team really beginning to take the next step and perhaps Sammie will have his break-out year now that Shottenheimer is not going anywhere. I really believe we are going to have a pretty good draft because both Fisher and Snead are doing their second draft together and they have a better picture of what the team needs in the framework of where Fisher wants to take the Rams.

I also think we will handle the whiners and the seahags even with all of the changes ech of those teams have made. Should be a interesting season as we watch this Rams team take the next step.

It will be pretty interesting next week-end as well.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello all looks like CBS pulled a yahoo. Making many more refugees. Can be tough going to a new board being accepted and such. Hope the club marches on. Good luck. Go Rams.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Ozark: It is good to see you made it here. Yea, CBS really dissed alot of people. They could have been more cordial and faciliatative but being as liberal as they are they just pulled the plug without warning. This site is pretty cool. I am staying. It beats other sites like ESPN by a mile. The club is slowly getting here and some others like Vita are here as well. The draft is next weekend so perhaps folks will get here by then.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey retro. Yeah I feel your pain. Although yahoo gave a months notice. They pretty much shut the boards down a few days later. Atleast this is a level playing field all are newbies for the most part. Things will be heating up for all NFL teams soon should be fun.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see some Rams fans on the board. Not much to talk about at the moment except for which draft prospects you like and what you guys think of the Long and Cook signings (both excellent, imo)

10-6 is certainly reasonable next year if the Rams stay healthy and get some production from Quick, Peas, Richardson and/or someone not on the roster yet.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Clayton: Good to meet you. When we all got yanked from the CBS board we are have a heated exchange about the notion of bringing in Tebow as a legit back-up. This was on the heels of discuusing the two FA signings of Jake Long and Jared Cook.The consensus was that everyone was on board with both signings and that the Long signing was an upgrade over what we had last year with a combo of Saffold and Hunter when Saffold was hurt. Saffold has since let it be known that he is a bit miffed for being asked to be moved to the right side since Barry Richardson was not resigned and Long was brought in. This matter may be resolved on draft day with Saffold being traded and the Rams picking up D.J.Fluker as Saffold's replacement since this is the last year of Saffold's contract. But this remains to be witnessed.

There is a lot of curiosity concerning who Fisher and Snead are going to select at 16 and 22 or if they will make a major trade for more picks. The mocks all have us taking Travon Austin at 16 with Olgletree, the OLB being selected at 22. This draft is O-line heavy and many have suggested we take Fluker or another big lineman at 22 but Fisher has a history of not selecting O-lineman in the first round. With the progression of Kyle Long, Chris Long's brother, up the charts after his performance at the combines, many think we will pick Kyle Long up in the second or third round and then go after a big tackle like Quessenberry in the fourth. At any rate, our O-line is shaping up nicely with the return of the Rock at guard and Long at tackle with Wells returning at center.

The next question remains on how Snead and Fisher plan on filling our other glaring needs at safety and RB. Suggestions range from one of the big three in the first to Rambo in the later rounds for safety and where we fit a guy like Lacy into our RB needs.

It is all been very interesting discussion as the draft gets closer. So, this coming weekend ought to be a flurry of activity.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey retro. Yeah I feel your pain. Although yahoo gave a months notice. They pretty much shut the boards down a few days later. Atleast this is a level playing field all are newbies for the most part. Things will be heating up for all NFL teams soon should be fun.

Hey Ozark! Good to see you here brother. :suds:

These boys over here have met us all with open arms. Just wait until they see what the cat drug in eh? Sorry you just can't have the good without the bad but we can do our best, and I do feel we have a large amount of posters who bring the good.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Vita good to see you. As I said I see this as a level playing field. Fresh start if you will for all. All are in the same boat I was. You were always nice and what happened over there is water under the bridge for me. I hope we dont get into the oneupsmenship and seniority thing here kinda boggs everything down IMHO. With most being newbies shouldnt be a problem. As far as the bad I never had a part in that was just defending myself. I cant control what others do nor can anyone really.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys I made it here glad to see at least a couple of guys. Mutigers and I have been on mud n cleats Rams page. Nice site also, we have been discussing his mock draft on the site. Have to work on a avatar, but don't think I can match Vita.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see some Rams fans on the board. Not much to talk about at the moment except for which draft prospects you like and what you guys think of the Long and Cook signings (both excellent, imo)

10-6 is certainly reasonable next year if the Rams stay healthy and get some production from Quick, Peas, Richardson and/or someone not on the roster yet.

Hey Clayton, sorry I just haven't spent much time talking about Rams football just yet, but fret none, I will. We had a pretty lively off season over there at SeeBS. We would really like it if a few more of the best of the best Rams posters over there would join. It's just like someone pulled the drain and everyone now is caught in the whirlpool and don't know where to go or what to do.

Retro, Silas, Sam, Ozark and whoever else I may have missed we should all go to the SeeBS Rams team page and at the very bottom there is a comment section where I have seen posters like blue, junkie, shaneC, ksudodgers even redgirl and I'm sure I'm missing more than a few. I found Skerz and ramcub over on the hated ones pages (ESPIN, thanks retro... JK brother) A lot of these great Rams posters seem displaced and for good reason. Together we should do what we can to get them to come over here and pick up where we left off. The draft is upon us and it just wouldn't be the same with out them.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BLUE! I am very glad you made it over here buddy!

There is a good group over on the Browns fans here too. I remember you following the Browns over there, not sure if it was because of the posters or because of the team.

Anyway welcome!

There are a lot of BB fans over here from SeeBS (We've been banned over here from saying C.B.S. in a joking way).

Anyway I think you are going to like this site. I do. It has good flow, and doesn't seem to have the problems that SeeBS had. It will take you a 50 post count to get some newbie restriction off (like view your own profile) so punch through it and you'll get to see more features this site has to offer.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Clayton: Good to meet you. When we all got yanked from the CBS board we are have a heated exchange about the notion of bringing in Tebow as a legit back-up.
On paper, Tebow makes a lot of sense due to our consistent problems in the red zone but this next year is basically Bradford's make or break year. If we end up winning less than 6 games and get a top 10 pick, it would make sense to cash in our chips and trade up for one of the top 2 QBs coming out next year. Tebow doesn't have their upside. Or Bradford's upside, either. But thats probably going to be moot. Bradford should have a good year with a big TE target like he had at Oklahoma.

This was on the heels of discuusing the two FA signings of Jake Long and Jared Cook.The consensus was that everyone was on board with both signings and that the Long signing was an upgrade over what we had last year with a combo of Saffold and Hunter when Saffold was hurt. Saffold has since let it be known that he is a bit miffed for being asked to be moved to the right side since Barry Richardson was not resigned and Long was brought in. This matter may be resolved on draft day with Saffold being traded and the Rams picking up D.J.Fluker as Saffold's replacement since this is the last year of Saffold's contract. But this remains to be witnessed.
Im much happier with the Long signing in comparison to what Miami did which was let Long go only to chase after Branden Albert who will likely make the same money and cost them a 2nd round draft pick.

The odd thing about all of the is that Jake Long wasn't that good last year and Saffold was really good when he was actually healthy. But when Long is healthy, he is a top 3 tackle and a mauler. I'm no doctor but he is too young to be done.

I honestly don't think we'll be addressing the oline much at all unless Cooper or Warmack falls into our lap. And knowing Fisher...he might pass on them anyways.

There is a lot of curiosity concerning who Fisher and Snead are going to select at 16 and 22 or if they will make a major trade for more picks. The mocks all have us taking Travon Austin at 16 with Olgletree, the OLB being selected at 22. This draft is O-line heavy and many have suggested we take Fluker or another big lineman at 22 but Fisher has a history of not selecting O-lineman in the first round. With the progression of Kyle Long, Chris Long's brother, up the charts after his performance at the combines, many think we will pick Kyle Long up in the second or third round and then go after a big tackle like Quessenberry in the fourth. At any rate, our O-line is shaping up nicely with the return of the Rock at guard and Long at tackle with Wells returning at center.

The next question remains on how Snead and Fisher plan on filling our other glaring needs at safety and RB. Suggestions range from one of the big three in the first to Rambo in the later rounds for safety and where we fit a guy like Lacy into our RB needs.

It is all been very interesting discussion as the draft gets closer. So, this coming weekend ought to be a flurry of activity.
I think my ideal mock for the Rams would have Warmack or Cooper at 16 and then Ogletree at 22. The other 3 players that really jump out at me with 'wow' potential are Tavon Austin, Eddie Lacy and Cordarelle Patterson but all are risky to a certain extent and the WR/RB is very deep in the draft. Ogletree is also risky but only because of off the field issues. If he can stay on the field, he is going to be a pro bowler.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, Tebow makes a lot of sense due to our consistent problems in the red zone but this next year is basically Bradford's make or break year. If we end up winning less than 6 games and get a top 10 pick, it would make sense to cash in our chips and trade up for one of the top 2 QBs coming out next year. Tebow doesn't have their upside. Or Bradford's upside, either. But thats probably going to be moot. Bradford should have a good year with a big TE target like he had at Oklahoma.

Not real sure how to get the multiple quote thing to work. Let's see how this works out.

My problem with Tebow is the drama that follows the guy. Not sure it is something that we should bring into camp in what some are saying is a make or break year for Sam. If we want that guy here then we part ways with Sam and see what we can get in return. A lot of teams will have interest in Bradford. Also Clayton, I think by years end, Jeff Fisher put that whole red-zone thing to bed once and for all. We were getting into the end-zone with a pretty decent percentage once we moved into the red-zone in the last 5 games of the season last year.

Im much happier with the Long signing in comparison to what Miami did which was let Long go only to chase after Branden Albert who will likely make the same money and cost them a 2nd round draft pick.

The odd thing about all of the is that Jake Long wasn't that good last year and Saffold was really good when he was actually healthy. But when Long is healthy, he is a top 3 tackle and a mauler. I'm no doctor but he is too young to be done.

I honestly don't think we'll be addressing the oline much at all unless Cooper or Warmack falls into our lap. And knowing Fisher...he might pass on them anyways.

I know that Fisher has a history of not drafting OL in the first round, but with those two may change his ways.

I think my ideal mock for the Rams would have Warmack or Cooper at 16 and then Ogletree at 22. The other 3 players that really jump out at me with 'wow' potential are Tavon Austin, Eddie Lacy and Cordarelle Patterson but all are risky to a certain extent and the WR/RB is very deep in the draft. Ogletree is also risky but only because of off the field issues. If he can stay on the field, he is going to be a pro bowler.
:agree:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dick Bass! Man those days take me back! I love those unis too blue!

Sill remember the little old house we lived in with hardwood floors and I sat crossed legged on the floor right in front of that tiny TV cheering on my Rams! My Dad would say I was going to ruin my eyes sitting so close. Well Dad, if these glasses on my face mean anything about that then, I guess you were right! LOL

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue!!! Damn, I see you made it over. Great avi since CBS trashed all of our avatars. I know you like your son on there but Dick Bass is a nice substitute. I had to get another of Deacon in those Blue and White unis. Excellent though. Good you are here.

Vita I'll try to follow your instructions to get others over. I'll take care of business after work.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys - I finally made it over from the CBS board. I like this site a lot better than ESPN"s. Some of us are still posting on the comment section at the bottom of CBS's Rams homepage - let's get them over here!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RamCub!!! Good to see you made it over. Yea, I went the ESPN route as well. They suck like CBS. Glad you are here just in time for the draft. I Love your avi as well. Blue, Vita, Silas are all here. More to come I hope.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Retro! I saw Vita spreading the word about this site. It's time to put the recruitment into overdrive - I'm on it!!!