• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Rams Fans

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it might be this year's Jo-Lunn Dunbar move moreso off the field and in the locker room. I think he'll play some on D and ST if he makes the club and then Fisher may offer him a coaching job thereafter but after going to Philly, Tennessee, and Charlotte, Will has matured, gotten bigger, and plays pretty darn good football than his first stint with the Rams.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a fellow ESPN refugee, but I've had a sportshoopla account since April or May. Formerly Giants_Rams_Dogs

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome DK7000. I am one of the mods here on Rampages. If you have any questions you know where to find me. Many of us came from the SeeBS pages so we all know the refugee routine. There is plenty here for your enjoyment as you well know being here since April

FYI, here are a few rules that are non-negotiable and they are as follows.

We don't take kindly to trollin (which I am sure you are not) and we don't like a-holes either (of which I am sure you are not). Nudity in avitars is unacceptable as I sure you probably already know. You can put scantly clad ladies in your avi's but no nudes.

Any unnecessary and unwarranted baiting of other posters through viscous personal attacks that become a pattern of behavior that is not conducive to fair sports talk banter WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. We have a few cantankerous folks here but by and large they engage in passionate delivery of their points of view and do not engage in personal attacks that are viscous.

You can argue all you want and you can can get aggressive with your point of view including swearing, but when that aggression turns toward personal attacks that are excessive and outside of the topic at hand and become a consistent pattern of behavior, you will first receive a warning and your posts maybe edited. After the first warning, if the behavior continues you will be removed from this site. We're are all adults here. I am not in the business of baby sitting anyone.

Also, this rule is SportsHoopla wide, Alt's are not tolerated either. I think you already know that the first offense is banishment. Hammer Down doesn't tolerate this AT ALL and neither do I. I am sure you gave up your first account and are settled in with DK7000.

I am sure a lot of this post is redundant and my apologies if you felt I insulted your intelligence. That is not my intent but moreso to just to assure everyone is on the same page. Good to have you DK7000 as camp is just around the corner.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome DK7000. I am one of the mods here on Rampages. If you have any questions you know where to find me. Many of us came from the SeeBS pages so we all know the refugee routine. There is plenty here for your enjoyment as you well know being here since April

FYI, here are a few rules that are non-negotiable and they are as follows.

We don't take kindly to trollin (which I am sure you are not) and we don't like a-holes either (of which I am sure you are not). Nudity in avitars is unacceptable as I sure you probably already know. You can put scantly clad ladies in your avi's but no nudes.

Any unnecessary and unwarranted baiting of other posters through viscous personal attacks that become a pattern of behavior that is not conducive to fair sports talk banter WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. We have a few cantankerous folks here but by and large they engage in passionate delivery of their points of view and do not engage in personal attacks that are viscous.

You can argue all you want and you can can get aggressive with your point of view including swearing, but when that aggression turns toward personal attacks that are excessive and outside of the topic at hand and become a consistent pattern of behavior, you will first receive a warning and your posts maybe edited. After the first warning, if the behavior continues you will be removed from this site. We're are all adults here. I am not in the business of baby sitting anyone.

Also, this rule is SportsHoopla wide, Alt's are not tolerated either. I think you already know that the first offense is banishment. Hammer Down doesn't tolerate this AT ALL and neither do I. I am sure you gave up your first account and are settled in with DK7000.

I am sure a lot of this post is redundant and my apologies if you felt I insulted your intelligence. That is not my intent but moreso to just to assure everyone is on the same page. Good to have you DK7000 as camp is just around the corner.

Thank you for the info! But...what are Alt's?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK7000. Alt's is short for Alternative accounts or more than one account with more than one posting name. You mentioned you had another account when you were here on in April. If that still exists here, I'd get rid of it and go with DK7000. You can't have more than one. That will get you banned in a heartbeat!

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK7000. Alt's is short for Alternative accounts or more than one account with more than one posting name. You mentioned you had another account when you were here on in April. If that still exists here, I'd get rid of it and go with DK7000. You can't have more than one. That will get you banned in a heartbeat!

I meant I've had this handle since April. I don't have any other account on SportsHoopla

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:Welcome DK, as one of the (4) 50+ year Rams fans, we always look for the inspired and excited Rams fans that contribute to what is all Rams in the NFL.:nod:

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro... Is the above post OK advertising or disallowed spam ??? Just curious for future reference...

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it's actually BELOW post..At any rate I'm referencing the dating site...

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK7000 (GRD), seems the transfer from the JC that was ESPN board to the 4-year University here is picking up steam

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK7000 (GRD), seems the transfer from the JC that was ESPN board to the 4-year University here is picking up steam

Sports SportsHoopla is such a better site. No trolls, actual conversation and debate that doesn't border on lunatic fringe status like those on ESPN. I definitely haven't been baited into any pissing contests/name calling since I've been here.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad you like it here DK7000. We are here to talk sports and enjoy civil banter about the beloved Rams and everything that affects that. Mikey728, I am not sure what post you are referring to but you can mention other sites without harm. If I want to mention the St Louis Rams homepage, I can as well as the fact I am on Facebook and other places. If I have given you incorrect info, I'll let you know.

If you are setting up shop, meaning you are gaining financial gain by mentioning other sites, I think that might be a violation and Hammer Down would need to know. But other than that, you're good to go.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all, I've been a busy guy at work lately and probably will be doing much the same as we near preseason FB. I just wanted to take a sec and welcome all those who have recently joined from ESPN and elsewhere. We are a GREAT bunch here and all are looking forward to this season!

See you on game day!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to satisfy my curiosity.........what happened on the ESPN site? Was it a repeat of the CBS site?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to satisfy my curiosity.........what happened on the ESPN site? Was it a repeat of the CBS site?
Kind of....I'm pretty sure they were at least given notice
:yahoo:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The espn site changed about a year ago or so and I don't think the people that posted there liked the changes. I know I didn't. The Rams board became a big hate site. I think everyone used the site to vent their anger over a bad day or something. Posting your opinion on the Rams most often got someone angry enough to launch on you. Many people just stopped posting altogether. The straw that broke the camels back was it simply got too hard to moderate for espn. Kids and youngsters go to espn and it just became inappropriate I think.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids and youngsters go to espn and it just became inappropriate I think.

I resent this last part. Really though, I see what you're saying, too many of my peers can't hold a decent 2-sided conversation and those younger than me a far worse. For those of you that don't know I'm a student at Mizzou right now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The espn site changed about a year ago or so and I don't think the people that posted there liked the changes. I know I didn't. The Rams board became a big hate site. I think everyone used the site to vent their anger over a bad day or something. Posting your opinion on the Rams most often got someone angry enough to launch on you. Many people just stopped posting altogether. The straw that broke the camels back was it simply got too hard to moderate for espn. Kids and youngsters go to espn and it just became inappropriate I think.
As bad as the Rams board might have been, did you see the Arizona Cardinals board? Its was a freaking politics board. Definitely a lack of moderation.

I was unaware of the CBS boards but I'm glad they shut down. SportsHoopla was mostly a college football and hockey board before that and then with the CBS recruits the team boards filled up. If the NBA general boards were any indication, this is going to be a really, really busy board when the NFL season starts up and much better than anything ESPN had to offer with their robust board that didn't work and wasn't user friendly, aesthetically pleasing or moderation.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I resent this last part. Really though, I see what you're saying, too many of my peers can't hold a decent 2-sided conversation and those younger than me a far worse. For those of you that don't know I'm a student at Mizzou right now.
No...lol...I'm referring to children not young adults. The moderators policed the boards but still the espn message board was a bit raw for kids in my opinion. The ESPN boards had a lot of traffic and i'm sure many young children visited the site. Anyone in higher education gets my respect. It's not easy to get through school these days.