• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Pr/KR?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where you specifically said that and I will concede the point . In regards to Wilson conversation weeks before the draft Not a few days

I know you wanted Wilson. I wanted Hamilton. Where are the people who wanted a QB at #11?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not showing you anything. you go find it
Of course you won’t because know absolutely that I am right about it in regards to the Wilson conversation . You point blank said wr wasn’t a need and that brown and Samuel were enough weapons . You NEVER said @ 11 . Your statement was blanket

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you won’t because know absolutely that I am right about it in regards to the Wilson conversation . You point blank said wr wasn’t a need and that brown and Samuel were enough weapons . You NEVER said @ 11 . Your statement was blanket

I believe I said at #11. Wrote so many messages kind of forgotten it by now. Big frigin deal. You cant understand that players make the team b/c of the ST's roles.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I said at #11. Wrote so many messages kind of forgotten it by now. Big frigin deal. You cant understand that players make the team b/c of the ST's roles.
you cant understand that isnt what i said . i have said over and over that they would have to contribute on offense, carter did that in preseason and he was called upon to do it last year

you conflate the 2 issues , saying they were brought in as a returner is one thing and true , saying they need to do more is another and also true

the fact that carter was let go without a fight is also telling because his contract wasnt something we couldnt afford . maybe his key drop that cost us a game with the playoffs on the line factored in . certainly his return ability didnt save him solely

erikson will have to be viable in the offense to stick . you cant count on no wr injuries so he would have to be able to perform in the offense or risk being let go for someone who can

again you need to understand the KR is a position that is being phased out much like FB , and MLB . you cant have a team of one trick ponies who can only return or only be gunners , you have to field teams with versatile players who can do multiple things because caps and injuries require that

every example you gave i published stats saying they contributed on offense or on defense when applicable

now you may have forgotten but rest assured i didnt when it comes to wilson and believe me if you could supply the statement for that conversation you would have been all over it . the truth is you cant . now you did modify that position by back tracking to round 2 and WR depth

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant understand that isnt what i said . i have said over and over that they would have to contribute on offense, carter did that in preseason and he was called upon to do it last year

you conflate the 2 issues , saying they were brought in as a returner is one thing and true , saying they need to do more is another and also true

the fact that carter was let go without a fight is also telling because his contract wasnt something we couldnt afford . maybe his key drop that cost us a game with the playoffs on the line factored in . certainly his return ability didnt save him solely

erikson will have to be viable in the offense to stick . you cant count on no wr injuries so he would have to be able to perform in the offense or risk being let go for someone who can

again you need to understand the KR is a position that is being phased out much like FB , and MLB . you cant have a team of one trick ponies who can only return or only be gunners , you have to field teams with versatile players who can do multiple things because caps and injuries require that

every example you gave i published stats saying they contributed on offense or on defense when applicable

now you may have forgotten but rest assured i didnt when it comes to wilson and believe me if you could supply the statement for that conversation you would have been all over it . the truth is you cant . now you did modify that position by back tracking to round 2 and WR depth

I understand. What you don't understand is Carter was brought here for St's. he only played at WR b/c WR#2 and WR#3 went down. He wasn't brought here to fill that role. IF erikson is an awful PR/KR he will be released even if he excels at being a WR. Why? b/c there is no room for him on this WR core who actually play WR. I gave you examples on guys who are strictly here b/c of the ST play. Not their positions.

Im not modifying anything. Im not giving up on Brown and Samuel like you have. I posted a mock draft of Hamilton and Pickens and agreed that I would do the same thing as Kiper gave us. I remember that. So why did I do that if I didnt want a WR in this draft. I remember saying WR was deep in this draft and we did not have to take one at #11. The funny thing is we actually didnt and got more picks and took one at #16 Ha!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. What you don't understand is Carter was brought here for St's. he only played at WR b/c WR#2 and WR#3 went down. He wasn't brought here to fill that role. IF erikson is an awful PR/KR he will be released even if he excels at being a WR. Why? b/c there is no room for him on this WR core who actually play WR. I gave you examples on guys who are strictly here b/c of the ST play. Not their positions.

Im not modifying anything. Im not giving up on Brown and Samuel like you have. I posted a mock draft of Hamilton and Pickens and agreed that I would do the same thing as Kiper gave us. I remember that. So why did I do that if I didnt want a WR in this draft. I remember saying WR was deep in this draft and we did not have to take one at #11. The funny thing is we actually didnt and got more picks and took one at #16 Ha!
so your original blanket statement you made on the record is that we didnt need any wrs ?

i understand exactly why he was brought in and yes if erikson is a shitty KR but a good wr he could very well beat out a sims . 4-7 wrs are certainly subject to being replaced .

if brown and samuel cant stay on the field then they are worthless . i dont plan on them being healthy , i hope they can be , but i dont plan on it and right now both are busts

you are famous here for making blanket statements then waffling

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so your original blanket statement you made on the record is that we didnt need any wrs ?

i understand exactly why he was brought in and yes if erikson is a shitty KR but a good wr he could very well beat out a sims . 4-7 wrs are certainly subject to being replaced .

if brown and samuel cant stay on the field then they are worthless . i dont plan on them being healthy , i hope they can be , but i dont plan on it and right now both are busts

you are famous here for making blanket statements then waffling

No im not. I dont think we keep 7 WR's. Erikson will not beat out anybody for a WR role. IF all our Wr's stay healthy. Dont plan on them being healthy? Why? Not waffling. Im making my opinions. Its an opinion board. I remember saying we dont not need WR at #11. I'm not going to say it again.

Another thing. If we valued Carter as a WR he would of been kept. We didn't b/c he was brought in as a returner. So obvious, but you don't get it. We lsot our returner so we signed another returner in Erickson.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No im not. I dont think we keep 7 WR's. Erikson will not beat out anybody for a WR role. IF all our Wr's stay healthy. Dont plan on them being healthy? Why? Not waffling. Im making my opinions. Its an opinion board. I remember saying we dont not need WR at #11. I'm not going to say it again.
I am making opinions , it’s an opinion board , and Erikson can beat out the tail end wrs on this roster . I know you said differently during the conversation about Wilson we had and I won’t say that again because you fiegn loss of memory

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am making opinions , it’s an opinion board , and Erikson can beat out the tail end wrs on this roster . I know you said differently during the conversation about Wilson we had and I won’t say that again because you fiegn loss of memory

lol yeah right. What is the tail end of WR's right now? Sims? Brown? We only keep 6.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yeah right. What is the tail end of WR's right now? Sims? Brown? We only keep 6.
All the more reason to expect erikson to have to contribute in the offense
Now I have Mac , Dotson sideline Samuel and dummy brown followed by sims so at the tail end he very well can beat out sims

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the more reason to expect erikson to have to contribute in the offense
Now I have Mac , Dotson sideline Samuel and dummy brown followed by sims so at the tail end he very well can beat out sims

I think the training camp battle is Milne vs Sims. Erikson would have to be putrid at retuning to get cut from this team. I think he is a shoe in as a returner.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the training camp battle is Milne vs Sims. Erikson would have to be putrid at retuning to get cut from this team. I think he is a shoe in as a returner.
I think he has competition at returner , a dinosaur position since the rule change and he must be seen as a guy who can play in the offense because numbers at different positions could facilitate having less wrs , last year we kept 7

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dotson is a returner which i didnt mention on purpose, but if he plays slot like he is projected they may have him return punts , and get this dean (he he) erikson cant function in the offense (dig dig swipe swipe )

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Commanders
JAHAN DOTSONWR, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/67617/jahan-dotson

Washington first-round WR Jahan Dotson is expected to start at outside receiver.​

Coach Ron Rivera said the team had “zero questions” to Dotson’s game before taking him with the No. 16 pick. The likely Week 1 starter opposite Terry McLaurin, Dotson (5'11/178) played the Z receiver role in college but size concerns had some projecting him to the slot. It won't be surprising if Washington gives Dotson a larger share of the snaps on the outside than Curtis Samuel, who had a 54% slot rate with the Panthers in 2020 before missing 12 ga

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Commanders
JAHAN DOTSONWR, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS
Jahan Dotson - Washington Commanders - news and analysis, statistics, game logs, depth charts, contracts, injuries

Washington first-round WR Jahan Dotson is expected to start at outside receiver.​

Coach Ron Rivera said the team had “zero questions” to Dotson’s game before taking him with the No. 16 pick. The likely Week 1 starter opposite Terry McLaurin, Dotson (5'11/178) played the Z receiver role in college but size concerns had some projecting him to the slot. It won't be surprising if Washington gives Dotson a larger share of the snaps on the outside than Curtis Samuel, who had a 54% slot rate with the Panthers in 2020 before missing 12 ga
How long is it going to take Rivera to learn that he drafted a slot receiver at pick 11 this year?

It took the better part of a season to learn Jamin Davis was misused!

He'll use him a "Z" because they already have Samuel for the slot. I just hope that they won't delay his growth by doing this crap again with our top draft pick. (TM is a more natural "Z")

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is it going to take Rivera to learn that he drafted a slot receiver at pick 11 this year?

It took the better part of a season to learn Jamin Davis was misused!

He'll use him a "Z" because they already have Samuel for the slot. I just hope that they won't delay his growth by doing this crap again with our top draft pick. (TM is a more natural "Z")

Dotson would probably get moved around. Im sure there is a plan for him