• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New nebraska law

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know this isn't the politics board. But they just passed a law getting rid of MIPs for underage 911 callers that call for a friend that has alcohol poisoning.

Great move on their part. Im sure most of you guys don't care to much. But i know that current students have been wanting this for a while....it probably would've saved that freshman Farmhouse kid's life last year.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know this isn't the politics board. But they just passed a law getting rid of MIPs for underage 911 callers that call for a fired that has alcohol poisoning.

Great move on their part. Im sure most of you guys don't care to much. But i know that current students have been wanting this for a while....it probably would've saved that freshman Farmhouse kid's life last year.

someone underage call 911 for chuck

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like these good Samaritan laws. Our university has a similar policy (but not law) but the exception is if the caller (good Samaritan) starts acting like a dick to first responders then the cops can still cite them for MIP, and anything else, and they could still face disciplinary hearings from the university.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could turn this into a pretty cool drinking game....

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by "our university" are you referring to UNL? last i knew UNL had no such favorable policy.
No, the one I work at. It's to your south.
*Some old fucker named Bill works here too.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was gonna say i didn't think UNL had any policy like this, hopefully with this law they will lighten up on it a bit...i firmly believe this will save some lives

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that kid in Farmhouse was diabetic, so he shouldn't have been pounding the shit, or probably even drinking got begin with. But everyone I've heard from said that no one would call an ambulance cause they were scared of MIPs

dumb shits shoulda called anyways, but hopefully this will change that shit

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a manufacturers rep u; here from Atlanta a few weeks ago. He was telling me his son was supposed to start school at LSU this September but they are having to hod him out two semesters because he got an MIP in Bartow County GA.

He has to spend 2 days in jail, 6 months probation and a urine test twice a week the entire probation.

First offense but his county has a "0 tolerance policy"

I was like holy shit, they're going to fuck up the kids life because he's a kid.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats just wrong. theres something to be said for letting a kid learn his lesson but holy shit thats cruel and unusual right there

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thats just wrong. theres something to be said for letting a kid learn his lesson but holy shit thats cruel and unusual right there
Considering alcohol related deaths exceed firearm deaths year after year, he's fortunate to have gotten the punishment that he received.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering alcohol related deaths exceed firearm deaths year after year, he's fortunate to have gotten the punishment that he received.
Alcohol related death? Fortunate to have some politician try to stomp out his education because he had a can of beer?
This fucking country has too many nitwits that can't tell the difference between a kid drinking a beer at a neighborhood party and a fucking drunk driving a car into a family suv.

Considering a kid sitting in a game room drinking a can of beer is nowhere near being classified as an "alcohol related death" I'm putting you in the nitwit column.

\end rant
Now aren't you all glad to have HISL and Evan back on a Friday night.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
email notification sent?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alcohol related death? Fortunate to have some politician try to stomp out his education because he had a can of beer?
This fucking country has too many nitwits that can't tell the difference between a kid drinking a beer at a neighborhood party and a fucking drunk driving a car into a family suv.

Considering a kid sitting in a game room drinking a can of beer is nowhere near being classified as an "alcohol related death" I'm putting you in the nitwit column.

\end rant
Now aren't you all glad to have HISL and Evan back on a Friday night.

If you're too stupid to see where an alcohol problem started for a lot of people, I guess there isn't much more for me to say to you, except this one thing... I personally know of almost ten alcohol related deaths including my brother.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're too stupid to see where an alcohol problem started for a lot of people, I guess there isn't much more for me to say to you, except this one thing... I personally know of almost ten alcohol related deaths including my brother.

I don't know any.

You must have drove them to drink.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An MIP is a growing pain. Multiple MIPs, drunk and disorderly arrests, DUI, loss of job and on and on is a sign of an alcohol problem. Sorry bout your brother but a kid is going to be a kid and that is all a single MIP is. The problem now a days is being a kid has been made illegal by nitwits who want to legislate all their beliefs on to others.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^this dudes got it. Let us fuck up, punish us a we bit, let us move on and learn our lesson...but don't fucking brand us for the rest of our lives