• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Look Rams, Fishers vision will start to show this year..

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they could dump Watts and Pead then bring back SJ39!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they could dump Watts and Pead then bring back SJ39!

SJ39 wants a sizable role, which he won't get with the Rams. I don't think he comes back until he's ready for a 1 day contract to retire as a Ram.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ39 wants a sizable role, which he won't get with the Rams. I don't think he comes back until he's ready for a 1 day contract to retire as a Ram.
I really hope he does retire "as a Ram"

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...just a pipe dream, a guy can dream cant he??

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...just a pipe dream, a guy can dream cant he??
Yes he can zeke!

So maybe we can sign him to that one day contract, if he's still available, on Jan 7th.

You know.... so he can retire as a Champion with the Rams. ;)

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he can zeke!

So maybe we can sign him to that one day contract, if he's still available, on Jan 7th.

You know.... so he can retire as a Champion with the Rams. ;)

I would actually like to see us sign him, you know on a limited role. He would make a great mentor/leader to all of our new young studs. Plus he could fill in for Todd Gurley until he gets healthy.

Alright Shopson, before you say anything, I know it aint gonna happen! Just trying to create a makeshift power run game with some experience.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could sign him to take Watts' roster spot for four games unless one of those UDFA takes that spot. WTH, play him along with Mason and Gurley and go jumbo.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching One-on-One vids with Dani Klepenger over on the Rams home page and you should check out the guns on T.J.McDonald. Dude looks like a LB in a Tee with no sleeves. Badass!!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually like to see us sign him, you know on a limited role. He would make a great mentor/leader to all of our new young studs. Plus he could fill in for Todd Gurley until he gets healthy.

Alright Shopson, before you say anything, I know it aint gonna happen! Just trying to create a makeshift power run game with some experience.
The opponents run defense would never be able to relax...:nod:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yes:I'm thinking the new look Rams 11-5 and sweep the playoffs this season....:thumb::nod::thumb:

well SJ said he was bored....

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams will get over .500 this year. I started keeping up with Fisher more recently and honestly looking back the Titans haven't been the same since he left. The thing is he did pretty good in Tennessee considering the talent he had at QB. McNair quit playing as much after 2003 because of injuries and left a couple seasons later. Of course like i mentioned in a post earlier former Titans GM Floyd Reese said in 2006 he and Fisher wanted Jay Cutler and owner Bud Adams demanded Vince Young. The fighting and battles with VY ultimately caused Fisher to leave Tennessee in 2010 something i think that would not have happened had our owner butted the hell out.

I think Fisher is gonna have a damn good offensive line once he gets the pieces in place. In the 2015 draft the Rams drafted tackles in the second,third, and fourth round something i don't think i've ever seen him do getting three that early in the draft getting Rob Havenstein,Jamon Brown,Andrew Donnal. He drafted three offensive tackles with his first four picks. In the sixth he also got guard Cody Wichmann. Also before getting Isiah Battle recently they brought in undrafted rookie left tackle Darrell Williams who played two years at South Florida. The team has also picked up Garrett Reynolds who can play guard and tackle. Thats a lot of offensive linemen. Fisher always had great lines at Tennessee and usually drafted middle to late rounds for offensive linemen though.

Todd Gurley and Tre Mason will make a great tandem at RB and Foles should flourish in Fisher offense because he will have a good running game and defense to fall back on. Like the very first poster said.....

Offense pound the rock. Clock management. Put up enough points. Defense play lights out. Read the below story Fisher used this approach and it worked but the team always seem to be snakebit in the postseason.

Titans' dynasty that never was still haunts former players

Thats how Fisher plays and in Tennessee the team should've been in Super Bowls in 1999,2000,2002,2003 and 2008 using this approach but hard luck bit us.

1999---Fisher goes 13-3 makes it to Super Bowl in Titans first year of existence but lose within a yard of forcing OT time runs out.

2000---Fisher has best record in league 13-3. The Titans had the best defense in yards allowed that year and were second in defense points allowed only giving up around twenty more points on the season than Baltimore. In the playoff game Tennessee outplayed the Ravens outgained them in yards pretty much every phase of the game but two bad turnovers and three missed FG cost the team what should've been a second trip to the Super Bowl losing to Baltimore.

2002---At 11-5 Fisher makes it to the AFC championship game against Oakland and The Titans came into the AFC title game as probably the hottest team in the league, besides the Raiders. Including the Divisional Playoff win over Pittsburgh, they had won their last six games and 11 of their last 12. And their single loss in that four-month period had been by just one point, on the road. Raiders were better team that day.

2003---McNair wins NFL MVP and Fisher goes 12-4 on the year. In playoffs they go to Baltimore beat the Ravens and then go to New England in one of the coldest games ever losing 17-14 and in the waning minutes a wide open Drew Bennett could've won the game but dropped a pass wide open otherwise Tennessee would've been back in the AFC championship again.

2007---Fisher went 10-6 and made the postseason but due to VY and the offense sputtering they lost to San Diego 17-6

2008---Fisher goes 13-3 has best record in the league so guess who they meet? The Ravens with pretty much the same damn scenario the Titans dominated every phase of the game but missed FG's and costly turnovers cost them the game 13-10. Just a few games prior Tennessee defeated the Super Bowl champ Pittsburgh handily 31-14.

Fisher went 8-8 in 2009 but lost an early game against the Jets because he put a rookie out to field punts and the rookie dropped the ball twice leading to two Jets TD's while fielding it otherwise the team would've owned tiebreakers and made the playoffs at 9-7. Fisher later said it haunted him to basically miss out because of that and i think he takes his time now to figure out return duties.

2010---Fisher started the year 5-1 then the team had a game against Washington weeks later and VY got mad after the game and he and Fisher got into a bad argument leading to VY leaving then after the season ended Fisher left too tired of fighting VY and Bud Adams.

2011---the team went 9-7 and i think had Fisher stayed the Titans would've drafted JJ Watt.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense pound the rock. Clock management. Put up enough points. Defense play lights out. I think this approach will work well this season because it is finally all coming together.

Fisher loves to dominate in the trenches and has said on the offense and defensive line is where the games are won. With the way he drafted i think he will have solid lines this year.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense pound the rock. Clock management. Put up enough points. Defense play lights out. I think this approach will work well this season because it is finally all coming together.

Fisher loves to dominate in the trenches and has said on the offense and defensive line is where the games are won. With the way he drafted i think he will have solid lines this year.
First off, welcome to the rams boards MIKE75!

Second, I think you may be a year off, it's a very young offensive line, but we are on the right track.

Thanks for stopping by 75!

You are welcome here anytime!

Those were to two very fine posts!