• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Look Rams, Fishers vision will start to show this year..

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 St. Louis Rams: Run-Pass Disparity Under Jeff Fisher-Coached Teams - Turf Show Times
2015 St. Louis Rams: Run-Pass Disparity Under Jeff Fisher-Coached Teams - Turf Show Times

I think it's about that time.. Offense pound the rock. Clock management. Put up enough points. Defense play lights out. #SackCity #GroundAndPound #TNT

New QB, 3/5 new line. That's a lot of gelling that needs to happen quickly to make a turnaround this year. I think we'll see improvement this year, but the impact will be next year (and that depends on retaining Foles).

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.500 thats all i ask for since we can't seem to get past 7-9..

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New QB, 3/5 new line. That's a lot of gelling that needs to happen quickly to make a turnaround this year. I think we'll see improvement this year, but the impact will be next year (and that depends on retaining Foles).

Shop is right

that is alot to ask for right away with an even younger team than last season.

they won't even have their #1 pick available until half way through the season because they aren't going to rush him back.

the first half of the season is going to be a work in progress for the offense. the only hope for salvaging the first half of the season is if the defense can continue to build on the last half of last season. otherwise, expect a losing record through the first 8 games and them struggling to reach .500 by the end.

the only question will be if Fisher survives yet another sub .500 season.

I see maybe 3 wins in the first 8 games ( Skins, Browns and 9ers ). losses vs Hawks, Steelers, Cards, Pack, and Vikes.

and the 2nd half of the schedule is just as tough.

Rams would have to catch lightning in a bottle for this season to be .500 or above.

I hope it happens but I am curbing my expectations.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANGEL brings up a lot of good points with our inexperience on the offensive side of the ball and the toughness with our schedule/division. It's hard to see us finishing any better than we did last season.

However, I think our record depends on how Fisher does things this offseason specifically with our Oline. The last couple of seasons it's been a revolving door at the Guard and LT positions. Saffold played every position besides Center and thats just unacceptable. We kept Robinsons head on a swivel by switching him every couple of days between G and LT. He never got comfortable and often admitted it in interviews. We brought in an over-the-hill Guard in Joseph and for some reason kept him in there the entire season.
Now with 3 out of 5 positions being up for grabs on our Oline it looks like we're starting fresh and the best man will win the job. With Wells finally gone it will be a true competition between Jones and Barnes and personally I hope we see Jones in there, he has a way higher ceiling.
The biggest mistake I think Fisher can make is by playing all of these young guys at different positions. We need continuity on our Oline! I think it's been our biggest downfall with our offense and the evidence speaks for itself. Hopefully he'll change his approach this season because what we've been doing hasn't worked.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one benefit is that it appears 2 out of the 4 draftees are likely RT only. Develop 2 at RT and the other 2 at OG and stick with it.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shop is right

that is alot to ask for right away with an even younger team than last season.

they won't even have their #1 pick available until half way through the season because they aren't going to rush him back.

the first half of the season is going to be a work in progress for the offense. the only hope for salvaging the first half of the season is if the defense can continue to build on the last half of last season. otherwise, expect a losing record through the first 8 games and them struggling to reach .500 by the end.

the only question will be if Fisher survives yet another sub .500 season.

I see maybe 3 wins in the first 8 games ( Skins, Browns and 9ers ). losses vs Hawks, Steelers, Cards, Pack, and Vikes.

and the 2nd half of the schedule is just as tough.

Rams would have to catch lightning in a bottle for this season to be .500 or above.

I hope it happens but I am curbing my expectations.

I think that is the key statement to this whole process. What if we struggle and finish off the season at below .500 again, will Fisher be retained? If not then the Franchise can be set back some if we can't get a good talented HC to replace him.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why Fishers job security keeps coming up. Unless we go 1 and 15 his job is secure. Of course that's just my opinion.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFOeWJbW0AE1KG6.png:large

i have no idea who they are projecting but i doubt it varies that much given who we drafted and have..

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many of you are too worried about all of the youth that is going to be injected into our starting five on the O-line come September. Does anyone remember the last time we had a lot of youth injected into the O-line and the result just 3 years later? O. Pace and Ryan Tucker were both drafted in 1997 and ended the year as starters on the O-line. Gruttaduria was the center drafted one year earlier. Granted we had Tom Nutten and Adam Timmerman at guards but we eventually had those young guys starting in the superbowl.

True, jelling did occur over a three-year period but it paid off. Granted this new bunch are all rooks and it make take a good three years and we may not end up in the bowl but its building a great foundation and I would not be surprised if we start three out of the four and get to 9-7 this year especially if Foles becomes the QB I think he may very well become. Stay tuned folks...

Last edited:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta remember last season when our 2 #1s Greg Robinson and Aaron Donald didn't even start until week 6. I still don't understand why Fisher did this, I guess he just has a thing with rookies starting right away IDK. My question is what will he do this year, will he start them right away?

Rams Upser

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm the only one who sees success this year. There's a reason Barksdale got let go. If we wanted him we'd signed him. I saw alot of gms last yr. that we had a shot of winning but to be honest we really had not a great line, terrible qb play, terrible play calling, and mediocre rb play. 2nd half except for a gm or 2 Defense was lights out. I'm not all to worried about being young on the line. Gotta start somewhere. When Seattle started there lil Dynasty everyone thought they were crazy in the draft, now there gurus? Smh. I say Robinson, Saffold, Barnes, Jones, Washington to start the season thats left tackle-Right tackle with Barnes starting at center. It will change during season to rooks filling in and playing well. We will be fine. Of course we're not going to Super Bowl but damn guys as side for being young on OL this is the best shot we've had in yrs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you are new member to the SportsHoopla and the Rams boards Rams Upser. Welcome aboard. I am one of the mods here along with Vitamike. We run a pretty tight ship here and if you abide by the rules we all voted on, you'll find no trouble from either of us.

Go to the general listing of threads on the Rams board homepage and go to the sticky thread entitled "New Rams Fans" at the top and go to page 22 and post #437. Read that for me as it explains the rules. We do not allow name-calling here EVER as that violates SportsHoopla's T.O.S. policies. We do have special rules about negativity and where to express it. Go to that New Rams Fans thread and read that specific post as it will explain everything.

Any further questions, you know where to find either myself or Vitamike. Once again welcome aboard and enjoy the time here. RR.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta remember last season when our 2 #1s Greg Robinson and Aaron Donald didn't even start until week 6. I still don't understand why Fisher did this, I guess he just has a thing with rookies starting right away IDK. My question is what will he do this year, will he start them right away?
zeke, under Shottzie the play book was supposedly pretty complicated from what I hear.

I understand that Cignetti and company have dialed the playbook down quite a bit.

So my take on starting those rookies was Fisher required them to have a good working understanding of the playbook and to know their responsibilities by second nature.

Now I know what you are thinking zeke, what about the defensive side and Donald.

Well we had a lot of moving parts implementing the new defensive schemes from G. Williams. Had his defense been in place, then all those around Donald would know their roles and their jobs too by second nature and so inserting the one talented Rookie goes unnoticed a lot sooner in the season and maybe he would have been inserted by Game 1 last year.

This brings me to the topic a lot of you have glossed over regarding next year.

Our Defense.

These men will be starting under the same DC for the first time ever in Jeff Fisher's tenure. And to the point of what has been expressed quite a bit here in the thread already, continuity is huge component in the success of an NFL Football team. Our defense was the one shinning light last year but even then they still took a good 4 weeks+ before we started to see them shine.

The defense will have an advantage this year as all will understand their roles to the fullest extent. (Except for the rookies and FA's of cousre)

So, this alone is huge.

As for the continuity issues a lot of you have focused on with the offense, let's be honest, it will be a lot like them lines in the Beatles song 'Getting Better'.... "It's getting better all the time" because as the song goes... "Can't get no worse" :lol:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I totally agree and this maybe history repeating itself like when the Rams started a couple of rookies on the O-line to start the seventies and it really paid big dividends,

Rams Upser

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Retro I'm confused I didn't think I name called anyone? Nor would I .. Are u just giving me heads up ??

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, not yelling, just a little jammed up right now. Not going to the negative thread about some comments but I just want to remind my friends of just ten things. There has been a lot of worried thoughts about the draft, over drafting o-line, reaching, and all that. First I will say I love the draft, I think with Robinson last year and new big bodies we can move the dam ball. Bradford gone and a new QB and RB and OC we might just have something. OK the ten things and let this set on you a bit because as a 50+ Rams guy and a complete junkie, I want a change like wins. OK the 10. 6-10, 8-8, 3-13, 2-14, 1-15, 7-9, 2-14, 7-8-1, 7-9, and 6-10. The last ten years. Maybe looking at really moving the ball on the ground and addressing keeping the QB healthy might be a good thing.:nod:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zeke, under Shottzie the play book was supposedly pretty complicated from what I hear.

I understand that Cignetti and company have dialed the playbook down quite a bit.

So my take on starting those rookies was Fisher required them to have a good working understanding of the playbook and to know their responsibilities by second nature.

Now I know what you are thinking zeke, what about the defensive side and Donald.

Well we had a lot of moving parts implementing the new defensive schemes from G. Williams. Had his defense been in place, then all those around Donald would know their roles and their jobs too by second nature and so inserting the one talented Rookie goes unnoticed a lot sooner in the season and maybe he would have been inserted by Game 1 last year.

Our Defense.

These men will be starting under the same DC for the first time ever in Jeff Fisher's tenure. And to the point of what has been expressed quite a bit here in the thread already, continuity is huge component in the success of an NFL Football team. Our defense was the one shinning light last year but even then they still took a good 4 weeks+ before we started to see them shine.

The defense will have an advantage this year as all will understand their roles to the fullest extent. (Except for the rookies and FA's of cousre)

So, this alone is huge.

As for the continuity issues a lot of you have focused on with the offense, let's be honest, it will be a lot like them lines in the Beatles song 'Getting Better'.... "It's getting better all the time" because as the song goes... "Can't get no worse" :lol:

This makes sense. Shotty was a big part of the problem. They're gonna have to dial it down if they are going to start them right away. I just hope it doesn't make us one dimensional. All of these new o-lineman are good run blockers, so that should tell you something. Im not worried about our defense, I just want our new qb to stay upright. With a solid run game he should be ok.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Retro I'm confused I didn't think I name called anyone? Nor would I .. Are u just giving me heads up ??

I am just providing you a welcome and an FYI since you are new. Nobody has stated that you did. WE want everyone informed to eliminate the excuse of not knowing. So you can proceed having read that thread.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zeke, under Shottzie the play book was supposedly pretty

Well we had a lot of moving parts implementing the new defensive schemes from G. Williams. Had his defense been in place, then all those around Donald would know their roles and their jobs too by second nature and so inserting the one talented Rookie goes
unnoticed a lot sooner in the season and maybe he would have been inserted by Game 1 last year.

Our Defense.

So, this alone is huge.

Exactly Vita, I was saying before the draft, I didn't care if we drafted an Olineman with every pick we had. If Wells and Joeseph were 2 of the worst rated lineman in the league last year, surely a rookie with any size could do that well and hopefully better. I would think they want to make an impression and will give it their all instead of just going through the motions as it seemed Wells and Joeseph were doing?
Sure they will make their mistakes, but these guys are BIG, young, fresh guys, with something to prove and with the right game plan they can succeed!

I truly believe our oline will be better, whether we win any more games than we did, I don't know, but we should at least be in every game with a chance to win!