• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: New Jersey Devils vs Carolina Hurricanes Round 2

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone really shocked that AGAIN... Graves lets a guy be wide open on the power play to deflect a shot to win... Its not like he didnt allow that what FIVE FUCKING times in the Rags series... I hope to god Graves is not on our team next year... I am so done with this guy....

I will say, they played a great game... TIMO, how could you not bury that and make it 3-1... that was the Game... Palate??? same thing... that is TWO games in a row that you could have put us ahead and fucked it up..... I know this team will learn... but the mistakes and fuck ups where by our vets... not our rookies...

Any idea what was wrong with Jack tonight??? He was VERY limited in ice time and i dont know why... Luke was at 21 minutes after regulation, but Jack (our best player) was at 13???? Was he hurt? I dont understand that....

Akira played lights out... Luke was a beast tonight... Mcleod played his ass off again... it just wasnt enough... Cant believe we lost on a power play due to a delay of game... are you shitting me???

Not to rag on the refs... BUT damn... you let some shit go you should not have... we got tripped alot and nothing called.... I know they didnt call many, but we could of had a few more... i guess when they saw we scored on the Power play.. they couldnt let that happen again...

Thank you Devils for a wonderful year.. it just sucks to go out this way... At least they battled this game... something they didnt do this series....

Canes got lucky bounces and goals... took advantage of there oppertunity and we didnt
.... Timo could have iced this game... i still dont know how he didnt make that shot... he had the ENTIRE net... i dont even play hockey, and i could have put that one in......

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLeod should be very proud

Keep this man!!!!

Bratt can go bye bye
I say we keep Bratt but this definitely lowered the value. Which could be a great thing, potentially, if regular season Bratt returns next year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timo missing that open net to bully it up to 3-1 was truly the game killer

Akira did his best despite the horrendous aid by his dmen.

It was very odd that so many mistakes came from our vets. Awful

Mikey McLeod so proud of you!!! Played like a champ all throughout!

Cheers to Jack playing through an upper body injury, fighter and will only get better!

Bring us back Nico!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bratt and Graves.. i would not shed a tear if they were not on this team next year... Palate is on thin ice as well... "mr playoff hockey" guy didnt do much this playoffs accept NOT score when he could have.... but i will give Palate a pass because we know he was not 100% after his surgery... we will see him next season... but Bratt and Esp Graves... see ya please....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bratt wanted more than Jack, these playoffs cost him but someone will look at his point total.

Agreed on Graves, he's the easy one to let go on D. I'm assuming we bring back Severson but that'll create a logjam on D. Maybe Nemec starts in AHL and gets the call when someone struggles or gets hurt.

Tatar had a good regular season but you saw in the playoffs why other teams were readily moving on from him and why he was healthy scratched for Montreal's cup run.

I think Schmid is legit, he goes into next season as the number 1.

Nico didn't score much but did well defensively. McLeod was a stud and I thought Jack proved he's not afraid of the moment. We're looking good down the middle.

Timo even when he wasn't scoring provided grit and was under opponents skin so I'll welcome him back.

Mercer did what he's done so far in his career. Look like a superstar for 3 weeks then disappear for 2 months. Hopefully he builds off this and gains consistency.

We need some killers on this team. I'd rather sacrifice a few of Tatar and Bratts regular season points for guys that know how to bring it come playoff time.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bratt wanted more than Jack, these playoffs cost him but someone will look at his point total.

Agreed on Graves, he's the easy one to let go on D. I'm assuming we bring back Severson but that'll create a logjam on D. Maybe Nemec starts in AHL and gets the call when someone struggles or gets hurt.

Tatar had a good regular season but you saw in the playoffs why other teams were readily moving on from him and why he was healthy scratched for Montreal's cup run.

I think Schmid is legit, he goes into next season as the number 1.

Nico didn't score much but did well defensively. McLeod was a stud and I thought Jack proved he's not afraid of the moment. We're looking good down the middle.

Timo even when he wasn't scoring provided grit and was under opponents skin so I'll welcome him back.

Mercer did what he's done so far in his career. Look like a superstar for 3 weeks then disappear for 2 months. Hopefully he builds off this and gains consistency.

We need some killers on this team. I'd rather sacrifice a few of Tatar and Bratts regular season points for guys that know how to bring it come playoff time.
I'm in disbelief how much Graves folded in these playoffs... sucks, cuz i would've made a case to retain him for next year based on how he played for us early in the season.

Hamilton was garbage and I was this many days old to learn how slow he is. Wow. I did not see that in the regular season and it was starting to show in the playoffs... hopefully a good conditioning in the offseason for him cuz he needs it.

Akira is getting his chance, he earned it 100x.

Nico delivered everywhere else on the stat sheet but the goals and technically assists. His play on the ice spoke for itself. That's our captain!

Bye to Tatar and Bratt.... I'd work a trade with Bratt to someone for a more grittier or a speed freak with size. Gotta keep this momentum rolling!
IMO, his replacement is already in the system IMO.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i mean... he did block the path to the glass right?

unbelievable!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing that could redeem Graves is if we find out he was playing through some wild injury.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also prefer to see Holtz getting Sharangovich's minutes next season. I think we've seen what Sharangovich is at this point.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing that could redeem Graves is if we find out he was playing through some wild injury.
Actually I bet there's going to be some injury news being released over time.... there was something not right but not the excuse. for many guys IMO