• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: New Jersey Devils vs Carolina Hurricanes Round 2

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we matchup?!???

I expect a little emotional let down but definitely a resurgence in goal scoring.... Carolina has 3 goalies that aren't on Igor's level... so I'm expecting some major goal contributions across the team if the chances are there!

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what to expect. Part of me still feels the sting from the 00’s series’ even though that’s completely irrational.

Anyway, no doubt it’ll be fun.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we matchup?!???

I expect a little emotional let down but definitely a resurgence in goal scoring.... Carolina has 3 goalies that aren't on Igor's level... so I'm expecting some major goal contributions across the team if the chances are there!

I think this summons up every detail about the game that could possibly be out there.. lol. I like our chances basically because we are not playing Igor level goalie. And i also think we have momentum coming into this game due to our win last night and everyone is on a high right now... They have the confidence that they can win and IF we can play our style hockey, I think we can get it done. If we steal game 1 and shift home ice advantage to us... then I think we win this series no doubt. The canes are tough... they always play us good.. but they are missing some major parts of there team right now, esp on offense so I hope that helps us... LGD

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this summons up every detail about the game that could possibly be out there.. lol. I like our chances basically because we are not playing Igor level goalie. And i also think we have momentum coming into this game due to our win last night and everyone is on a high right now... They have the confidence that they can win and IF we can play our style hockey, I think we can get it done. If we steal game 1 and shift home ice advantage to us... then I think we win this series no doubt. The canes are tough... they always play us good.. but they are missing some major parts of there team right now, esp on offense so I hope that helps us... LGD
Hopefully this is the series where Timo, Nico and Bratt including Tatar and Dawson start lighting up the lamp. Passing by Igor was as high a test as any.... No disrespect to the other goalies but there shouldn't be any goalies left to his caliber... defenses sure, there'll be top notch ones here and there but not goaltending.

The Canes forecheck could be our kryptonite if we're careless with the puck or delayed indecisive with it in our end. Gotta move and be quick with it, no careless turnovers(as any series).

This is so exciting, wish we had an extra day in between but whatever, ROUND 2, fresh new start for our guys. LETS GO!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a tough matchup. They'll clog the neutral zone and can counter very well so we'll have to find ways to score that aren't the typical odd man rushes. They're one of the few teams that can skate with us so should be interesting.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big changes from the Rangers to Carolina:
1. We dont have the home ice advantage
2. Carolina has speed to pursuit and counter
3. More defensive sound Carolina is
4. NOT as lethal offensively(unless we allow them to be)
5. Goaltending not a wall to go up against for now
6. No longer our NJ Devils are the inexperienced group we were in rd 1

As long as our work ethic and sharp mind playing is there still, we'll reap more success than we did vs NYR.

I was there for Carolina at NJ, we won 3-0.... we can beat these guys!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also dont want us to lose that edge.... we played physical until the rangers were getting exhausted and used their last bits of energy to run with us.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Timo is ok after that hit. Need him to keep being physical.
This gotta be the series he and bratt come alive.... Nico too!

At least Timo(IMO, i've defended him elsewhere) and Nico(without hesistation) are contributing else where and being impactful. Unlike Bratt for the last series... hopefully that empty netter and relief will get him moving back on track and with killer purpose.

Jack needs help the further we go in these playoffs, step up now!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it no Timo

Hope it's precaution and not series long term

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash