• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New guy

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi all,

I'm new to the board, so I thought I'd introduce myself: I'm a long time fan of the 49ers. I never instigate stuff. I hated the Alex Smith era with a passion. even when the team got so good they could win, even with him, I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

On the other hand, I'm extremely happy now we have a real quarterback in Kaepernick. IMO, this kid could end up being great, as in almost, possibly, maybe, hopefully, someone who might someday be mentioned in the same breath as Joe. He does have awesome potential. It's amazing isn't it? Most teams never have that one HOF QB and we have a very good candidate for a second one.

Anyway, I'm very excited about the season - and it's almost here. Go 49ers!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Welcome. Are you an ESPN convert?

I am, and this place is MUCH better IMO.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi,

No. Long time on the Yahoo board then a short time on the CBS board. This one seems lively!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi,

No. Long time on the Yahoo board then a short time on the CBS board. This one seems lively!

You have a lot of good posters and a few idiots on here as well but overall it is the best message board on the net.

I'm the local psychopath. Not really. :lol:

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys im new here too, came over from the ESPN board. are there trolls over here like they had on ESPN, that board got so bad that was all that was there was seahag trolls repeating the same old SF gay jokes.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hey guys im new here too, came over from the ESPN board. are there trolls over here like they had on ESPN, that board got so bad that was all that was there was seahag trolls repeating the same old SF gay jokes.

Glad t' have ya here at the hoop. The trolls can't get away with that here (for the most part) 'cause these boards are moderated.

We're pretty lively. There's usually some great NFL draft / college football talk during & after the season if you're into that kind of stuff. That's my personal favourite. My new favourite should be talking about how good it feels to see 6 trophies in the case after this season though. :)

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sickness you from espn board too, same screen name? Mine was duanesdad49

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not into instigating??? that's no fun.... I vote you off the board...

but since no one listens to me(other than Bingo, lol) welcome! we talk 49ers and 49ers related material including non-49ers related material... its all about 49ers!!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
sickness you from espn board too, same screen name? Mine was duanesdad49

Yeah. Same name. Same avatar too. I first read & then finally posted back in 2001 on the NFL.com war rooms. When they shut down I went to ESPN. I posted there for the better part of a decade. When they had the format change, Tomik & Ray recruited me here, and I'm glad they did (Ray's one of the mod's).

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Same name. Same avatar too. I first read & then finally posted back in 2001 on the NFL.com war rooms. When they shut down I went to ESPN. I posted there for the better part of a decade. When they had the format change, Tomik & Ray recruited me here, and I'm glad they did (Ray's one of the mod's).

I question that decision every day......

:lol:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with espn boards closing, we'll prolly see more activity around here next season. not sure if thats a good thing or not lol.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As long as the trolls are gone I'm all for it. Its funny when you go to the page that list the links to the NFC teams here at SportsHoopla, you see a couple teams with 1-5 people viewing, then you see San Fran and it is 20+ at times.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hi all,

I'm new to the board, so I thought I'd introduce myself: I'm a long time fan of the 49ers. I never instigate stuff. I hated the Alex Smith era with a passion. even when the team got so good they could win, even with him, I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

On the other hand, I'm extremely happy now we have a real quarterback in Kaepernick. IMO, this kid could end up being great, as in almost, possibly, maybe, hopefully, someone who might someday be mentioned in the same breath as Joe. He does have awesome potential. It's amazing isn't it? Most teams never have that one HOF QB and we have a very good candidate for a second one.

Welcome. l can honestly say that I've learned a lot about the Niners and the game of football as a result of the smart and passionate people that post on these boards. Enjoy! :suds:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome newbies!!

Like threelittlebirds, I cant let you slip by without answering why you forgot about Steve Young??

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Duane,

Good to see you here. I have an ESPN Insider account and used to like to go the message boards over at ESPN after reading the daily news. But it got so bad with the Seahawk trolls I just gave up on that board. I hope the mods crack down on the trolls. At one point, a couple of the Seahawk trolls learned of this site and were talking about coming over here to talk smack. They would ruin this board. Gotta put the hammer down on them if they try. This board is so much better.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hi Duane,

Good to see you here. I have an ESPN Insider account and used to like to go the message boards over at ESPN after reading the daily news. But it got so bad with the Seahawk trolls I just gave up on that board. I hope the mods crack down on the trolls. At one point, a couple of the Seahawk trolls learned of this site and were talking about coming over here to talk smack. They would ruin this board. Gotta put the hammer down on them if they try. This board is so much better.

They won't ruin this board. They'll just find themselves banned from using it.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi all,

Yea new guy!! This board is a far cry from the drivel on ESPN. Trolls get banned and beyond the old guard from the former board there are a ton of of great posters here. You will love it. :suds:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Welcome to SportsHoopla guys!

:suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
welcome newbies!!

Like threelittlebirds, I cant let you slip by without answering why you forgot about Steve Young??

Oooh! Can I try?

Steve Young: The star that burned the brightest but also shortest.