• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New England Patriots AT Pittsburgh Steelers 425 EST/CBS

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the rule, learn the rule, no the difference between a runner and a receiver, then snatch the pebble and you may leave.

No. I read the rule and it's beyond confusing and the result isn't the true intent of football. James made a football move reaching for the end zone. NE was gifted the game at that moment.

In the end the Pats won because Ben threw a pick.

I know who got the W. Everyone does. Which is why there is a debate. Had the play been called in the spirit of the game, there wouldn't be a debate. The team that got the W was gifted the win by the reviewing official. It was a poor call. But I get it.....you're enjoying the win.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I read the rule and it's beyond confusing and the result isn't the true intent of football. James made a football move reaching for the end zone. NE was gifted the game at that moment.

I know who got the W. Everyone does. Which is why there is a debate. Had the play been called in the spirit of the game, there wouldn't be a debate. The team that got the W was gifted the win by the reviewing official. It was a poor call. But I get it.....you're enjoying the win.
James was falling into the end zone, the fact that he stretched his arms out isn't a football move.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, the refs overturned a TD incorrectly, leading to a stupid play call and a stupid throw, resulting in an INT. Ref don't overturn that TD, Steelers probably win.
Wrong you just can't admit that you are wrong, so why should anyone continue to converse with you? I won't I am done, the correct call was made on a bad rule, live with it

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooo what a beautiful morning, Ooo what a beautiful day.
I'm in a super good mood today!
Zippity do da, zippppty day!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the spirit of the game :lol:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dilly Dilly Carnzo

Dilly Dilly

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong you just can't admit that you are wrong, so why should anyone continue to converse with you? I won't I am done, the correct call was made on a bad rule, live with it

You haven't fucked off yet?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said NE got the win. I can't get any more right than that. I'm encouraged in reading you agree it's a bad rule. Which takes me back to my point about in the spirit of the game. The game has been bastardized and this ruling was just one more nail in that coffin.

Eventually you'll remove those homer shades and be able to see shit like this is what is tanking the game. Nobody should be happy by that call. Not even NE fans.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said NE got the win. I can't get any more right than that. I'm encouraged in reading you agree it's a bad rule. Which takes me back to my point about in the spirit of the game. The game has been bastardized and this ruling was just one more nail in that coffin.

Eventually you'll remove those homer shades and be able to see shit like this is what is tanking the game. Nobody should be happy by that call. Not even NE fans.
Oh I'm happy about the call. Whether I should be or not.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James was falling into the end zone, the fact that he stretched his arms out isn't a football move.

James was moving lateral to the endzone. His knee hits the ground which he uses to change his direction...a football move....towards the endzone. The catch was made. The ground didn't come into play until after the ball creased the end zone. Sorry but it was simply a poor interpretation of an already shitty rule.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue was I never seen the ball clearly hit the ground

We all saw it get loose, but i saw it in his hands throughout the movement

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James was moving lateral to the endzone. His knee hits the ground which he uses to change his direction...a football move....towards the endzone. The catch was made. The ground didn't come into play until after the ball creased the end zone. Sorry but it was simply a poor interpretation of an already shitty rule.
But that's not a football move by the definition of a football move. And when a receiver goes to the ground, the "football move" is no longer in the rule. They replaced it with "demonstrate he is clearly a runner" which James obviously didn't do.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, the inconsistency in the rules is if the player was a runner, it's a touchdown as soon as the ball crosses the line, regardless of if it pops out after he does...a receiver can break the plane of the goal line but it isn't considered a touchdown unless he controls the ball all the way to the ground?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry Rode said:
In the end, the refs overturned a TD incorrectly, leading to a stupid play call and a stupid throw, resulting in an INT. Ref don't overturn that TD, Steelers probably win.

Terry...............this statement shows that you really don't know anything about professional football. The "REFS" did not make the call. The replay official in New York City at the NFL HQ has 12 TVs and sees the play from every possible angle including angles that we never see. This is why the reviews during a game take so long. After he reviews all of the film he checks the rule book and then tells the on field referee what the call is.

If the Steelers' TE had any brain, he would have pulled the ball into his body and rolled into the end zone. That would have taken at least 3 more seconds off the clock leaving somewhere between 9 and 6 seconds in the game. The Steelers would have won the game.................no issues.

One other very important thing that no one has really talked about. Even if James had been able to control the ball over the end line, it still would not have been a TD. His knee was clearly down before he extended the ball. The Steelers did not have a any timeouts left and if the officials had called a time out to review the play, then Tomlin would have gone for the touchdown and the same result would have occurred.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the inconsistency in the rules is if the player was a runner, it's a touchdown as soon as the ball crosses the line, regardless of if it pops out after he does...a receiver can break the plane of the goal line but it isn't considered a touchdown unless he controls the ball all the way to the ground?

Yeah, apparently its not until he becomes a runner

For instance, if James catches it at the 20 yard line, runs and reaches and loses the ball the way he did, its a TD

But they view that as "in the process" of the catch, b/c their interpretation was that he wasnt a runner during that catch, the entire act was in the process of the catch

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's the toughest part. It's actually from the other side that I think we can see it best. I think the refs see it as his hand is not under the ball, and it moves, therefore it is moving because of impacting the ground. But then, how much of a hand has to be under the ball? Greater than 50%? At all?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it

was

not

a

TD

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, apparently its not until he becomes a runner

For instance, if James catches it at the 20 yard line, runs and reaches and loses the ball the way he did, its a TD

But they view that as "in the process" of the catch, b/c their interpretation was that he wasnt a runner during that catch, the entire act was in the process of the catch
Yeah, I'm sure that's right, according to the rule.

But a freeze frame of James crossing the goal line with the ball firmly in his hands...looks identical to a runner doing the same, but it doesn't count. Just seems inconsistent.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's the toughest part. It's actually from the other side that I think we can see it best. I think the refs see it as his hand is not under the ball, and it moves, therefore it is moving because of impacting the ground. But then, how much of a hand has to be under the ball? Greater than 50%? At all?

It seems once the ball moves in these situations, its almost by default ruled incomplete, and little thought of it hitting the ground is given