• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

new divison

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
still you would think it would take a bit more time then what happened to move a team

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
still you would think it would take a bit more time then what happened to move a team

They usually move relatively quickly. The problem with Pheonix is how Balsille tried to swoop in and buy a team without league approval. So they had to fight that out in court and then it appeared that they had owners lining up for the coyotes. Atlanta there was basically no interest in anyone wanting to buy the team for that entire season, and then they had what I'm sure was a great situation for the Winnipeg people to take over. The thing is, the league is looking at what a lot of people claim will be two $500M expansion fees for teams in Quebec and Toronto2. So they don't want to let a team relocate there for no money going to the league.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the way i see it with expansion...qc and toronto are getting the next two expansion. i dont see any usa market team for a $500 million dollar fee.

whatever team does get relocated next it will be to seattle i think. all the better if its an eastern conference team which would probably be the panthers.

i know the nhl hates the bassile guy but why wouldnt he have stepped in and bought the thrashers kept them in atlanta til an arena was built in qc or hamilton i think he wanted to go to and then move them?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way i see it with expansion...qc and toronto are getting the next two expansion. i dont see any usa market team for a $500 million dollar fee.

whatever team does get relocated next it will be to seattle i think. all the better if its an eastern conference team which would probably be the panthers.

i know the nhl hates the bassile guy but why wouldnt he have stepped in and bought the thrashers kept them in atlanta til an arena was built in qc or hamilton i think he wanted to go to and then move them?

I think he was sort of blacklisted for doing some shady/unprofessional shit when the Penguins were up for sale, before Mario stepped in and saved the franchise. Good thing it didn't work out too because Bassile is pretty much broke now I believe, what with Blackberry going in the shitter.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was sort of blacklisted for doing some shady/unprofessional shit when the Penguins were up for sale, before Mario stepped in and saved the franchise. Good thing it didn't work out too because Bassile is pretty much broke now I believe, what with Blackberry going in the shitter.

Actually he got a ton of money out. The NHL has no interest in addinf another team in an existing market because it does nothing for national TV ratings. We would never get a 2nd let alone 3rd team in teh NY metro market these days.

The only reason they let thenm move to Winnipeg is there waas no local team.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if thats true with bassile i cant believe he didnt see that bubble on BB was going to pop. who uses those anymore? kinda wish that he was able to buy the pens and move them to KC ugh that would've been amazing!

i'm with kovy i dont like it either...then again i have a man crush on kovy so i would like anything he said!

toronto though is a different animal i think they could easily support another team up there. same with qc. do you really see a us team paying $500 million for a team and then try and squeak out a profit every year? if any team does move to kc i can see them looking to relocate in 10 years time.