• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New CBS members

FatDaddy6003

CBS Survivor
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,741.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the unbridled optimism, fatdaddy. We can always count on you for that. Will Uncle Mack break the hearts of Ash and McCoy to bring out the new guys? Highly doubt it. Better yet, let's go with a two-QB system... or, even better, a four-QB system. Alternate on every down! That's the ticket.

Anyone looks good against the Longhorn defense. Even an old lady in a walker. :laugh3:

Mack needs to nut up and bench them!! but he wont and we are stuck with them at least 1 more year...and until they are bench i will be doing this every saturday :drink:

as for our defense...:bawling: I pray last year was just a hiccup but i wasnt impressed at all with them at the spring game...

Hook'em Horns!!\m/

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey - another new kid here - transfer from CBS. Do I have to sit out a year ?

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard Lvillesooner!

Fatdaddy, I agree with your post. I'm afraid Mack is just too nice to make a tough decision. I'm sure he's helped make many tough ones through the years, but it seems a QB in Austin is the equivilent of someone with tenure. At the worst, it's the ridiculous 2-QB system you've been sporting lately.

Side note: I've known a lot of you posters from CBS so long without these funny avatars, it's pretty funny to see you guys post with more a free reign on things (avatars included). I guess somewhere in the interverse free speech is not truly dead (yet).

Mack being so nice is partly (IMO) why he is such a great recruiter.

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So good to see my ol friends here - looking forward to making more.

Free Beer for everyone ! ! ! ! !

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all the Sooner fans....I bet I can even do this now and get a response...

BOOMER!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for our defense...:bawling: I pray last year was just a hiccup but i wasnt impressed at all with them at the spring game...

The defense got a lot better. Once Hicks went down then Jeffcoat, the youngsters at linebacker looked lost. As the season progressed, Texas really started resembling the defense that was supposed to be the dominant force in the Big 12. I think they were the Big 12 #10 ranked defense in the first half.... and Big 12 #1 ranked defense in the second half+ bowl games.

They were especially dominant and back to normal in the bowl game.

Texas has always been the defensive leader of the conference. Last year was more of a flukey combination of early injuries and freshman getting antsy. Texas has and always will be a DEFENSIVE powerhouse.

Offense has always been the unknown wildcard. I think 2013 will depend of the offense like every other year from 1996-2011.

The defense will be fine. Cross your fingers on the offense.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has always been the defensive leader of the conference. Last year was more of a flukey combination of early injuries and freshman getting antsy. Texas has and always will be a DEFENSIVE powerhouse.

excuse me, but are we talking about the Texas D that has given up over 60 points on 3 different occasions, over 50 on 1 occasion and over 35 on 2 different occasions to OU since Stoops has been HC?

That D?

Are we talking about the Texas D that has helped win only 2 BIG 12 Championships in that same period?

That D?

Really?????

Have I missed something?????

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of ironic isn't it ... ND discovered football a century ago but then lost it the past 2 decades. Yet their fans still act as if they have actually done something relevant in the last decade.

By discovered you mean taught football by the University of Michigan, right? :laugh3:

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah Ute from that other place. Good to be here
Utah-Helmet.jpg

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00