• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Beer Tonight

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to dig into some Sausagetuck Brewery Blonde Ale tonight. Will report in with results.

e570cd934fe31648c53c6afd36b6dae1_320x320.jpg

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to dig into some Sausagetuck Brewery Blonde Ale tonight. Will report in with results.

e570cd934fe31648c53c6afd36b6dae1_320x320.jpg

I was gonna try a new strand of Bud from the Dispensary by my house, but they just arrested 3 guys for selling Meth out of it! Now I gotta walk 3 more blocks and just get some decent stuff.. Bastards!

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was good, but could have been great... the beer is plagued by a strange metallic taste that sort of comes and goes... sometimes it's strong, sometimes it's weak, sometimes it hits you right away, sometimes it's more of an aftertaste... but it's always there. I guess I should have poured it into a glass instead of pulling directly off the bottle, but it shouldn't really matter.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should try the SF technique of toking down on some sweet sticky first :D

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drinking it out of a glass tonight while eating pretzels, and it's making a world of difference. It's light, but not tasteless, kind of a hoppy fruity aroma but very subdued. I really am liking this beer. Great for a relaxing on a summer night.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was good, but could have been great... the beer is plagued by a strange metallic taste that sort of comes and goes... sometimes it's strong, sometimes it's weak, sometimes it hits you right away, sometimes it's more of an aftertaste... but it's always there. I guess I should have poured it into a glass instead of pulling directly off the bottle, but it shouldn't really matter.

Yes and no. If there is an improper capping procedure, you can result in rust rings around the lip of the bottle. That rust is what is tainting the taste. It comes from the cap, and isn't in the beer.

OR...

You have a badly iron-infected batch of the beer.

Metallic is usually associated with iron. Or blood. Because of the iron in blood. Iron in beer is a lazy brewer who is not taking the time to properly filter their water, or clean/passivate their equipment (passivate = reversing the polarity on stainless steel).

But it's almost always detected from rusted bottle caps.

Most likely, you have rusty bottle caps. If that's not the issue, then stop drinking that beer, as it is WRECKED.