• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need to try and find a DL deep trading partner in need of a WR.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm high on Boyd. While he didnt get any real opts to show what he has Newsome and Benford both had good games. With these 3 and the 5 surely to make the team we have 8 quality WR's. We might be able to keep 6 and get one on the PS but it's doubtful we can save all if them. Odds are if we keep 5 on the roster we will lose two to another team.

We'd be better off finding a team with the same "Problem" with DLmen, and strike a trade.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the trade would have to be with one of our future draft picks. I have seen BEnford for two or three yrs now. Boyd , everyone has already had a chance to pick him. I tend to think the biggest trade chips we have would be Escobar, RYan WIlliams maybe. Of course I'm speaking of non starters. I think though to get an impact Dlinemen it wod involve giving up picks.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah already gave brent a roster spot. He is better than Hayden

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what I wrote. I said a trading partner with depth at DL that they will have to cut a quality DLman or two.

And there's no damn way we can include Weeden. If we have to trade a planed roster WR so be it as long as we can get a DL who can win a starting spot. Seeing what I saw last night we can trade for some proposed 3rd string DL and he will immediately become our #2 before his first practice.

Now tell me why a team with too much depth at DL who is in need of a WR won't make that trade.

Do you really think a team won't make that trade knowing the guys they will release won't make it to their PS. We're in that boat at WR. If we only keep 5 and release 3, two if not all three will be signed by other teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what you are saying Manster but I just dont see it happening that way. A team usually rosters 9-10 DL and 5-6 WR. That means there are a lot more WRs out there looking for work. Ex.- a team loaded with DLinemen on paper is the Rams, who just happen to also be in need of a really good WR. Boyd, Benford, Newsome- they already have those types of players, heck even Williams.

Why wouldnt you include Weeden?? To me a good thing happened last night in that Weeden outplayed Mallet for NE . Weeden may not be the best but to me he looked the part.

An impact DL will cost more than a possible # 3 or 4 WR. Now let Bradford get hurt and then Boyd along with Weeden may bring a player.

Again I just think it has to be done with draft picks. There isnt too many Baileys for Portis in football.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what you are saying Manster but I just dont see it happening that way. A team usually rosters 9-10 DL and 5-6 WR. That means there are a lot more WRs out there looking for work. Ex.- a team loaded with DLinemen on paper is the Rams, who just happen to also be in need of a really good WR. Boyd, Benford, Newsome- they already have those types of players, heck even Williams.

Why wouldnt you include Weeden?? To me a good thing happened last night in that Weeden outplayed Mallet for NE . Weeden may not be the best but to me he looked the part.

An impact DL will cost more than a possible # 3 or 4 WR. Now let Bradford get hurt and then Boyd along with Weeden may bring a player.

Again I just think it has to be done with draft picks. There isnt too many Baileys for Portis in football.

I wouldn't trade Weeden because if the D can play slightly better than last year I think we can make a run. I think Weeden can win here if Romo misses some playing time. I sure the hell don't always to go into the season with Hanie or Vaughn as the backup.

So let's look at the Rams. If they plan on releasing a DLman or two they HOPE to bring back back to the PS, you don't think they'd trade to upgrade themselves at WR? I do think they will, maybe they ask for one we plan on keeping, fine then we target a DL they plan on keeping. Hope it's not Sam mainly because he doesn't fit our 4-3 but seeing what I saw last night he can't be worse.

I'd just try to get something in return for what looks like a sure loss. I have to think the Rams or another deep DL team will feel the same way. I'm sure we will be watching the cut lists very closely.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think WEeden is terrible???

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think WEeden is terrible???

what?

no sir....I just think trading Weeden would be the stupidest thing this club could do with all the uncertainty with Tony. Why would you suggest that?

I liked the o line, weeden and the back up runningbacks last night along with #60 on the dline

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what does Goodall say about that?

I expect at least 6 games for Brent from Herr Goodell

Hanie is just a arm for camp IMO

Vaughn has shown more then Hanie IMO and I don't want another QB snatched off the practice squad

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. I read it as Weeden being bad. Maybe I'm wrong. I can agree with what u are saying. Nobody wants HAnie as number 2 but seriously we need ROmo to make the playoffs. I'm sure MCCoy or a Quinn will need a job in a few weeks.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are not getting rid of Weeden that is ridiculous.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect at least 6 games for Brent from Herr Goodell

Hanie is just a arm for camp IMO

Vaughn has shown more then Hanie IMO and I don't want another QB snatched off the practice squad

If he only gets 6 games I'll be surprised. Goodall took a public beating for Rices two games. I think he comes heavy handed on Brent. Plus you know Mara will have his shit input.

As for Vaughn I like what I saw but I just don't see where he wowed us enough to be claimed off the waiver wire. If he clears through waivers he most likely comes back to us. A team cannot claim him off of waivers and simply place him on their PS.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go back to the original question here. I simply said that our Wrs 6 -8 will not bring a quality DlinemN. I could be wrong. I then said our best trade chips that are non starters are Escobar Williams Weeden. I never said I would want to trade WEeden. I said he was our best chip. So answer this question. Who has more value Weeden or jamar newsome. To get something, you have to give something though. Personally I roll with what we have and wait for final cuts. Lots of pretty decent players will be out there

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go back to the original question here. I simply said that our Wrs 6 -8 will not bring a quality DlinemN. I could be wrong. I then said our best trade chips that are non starters are Escobar Williams Weeden. I never said I would want to trade WEeden. I said he was our best chip. So answer this question. Who has more value Weeden or jamar newsome. To get something, you have to give something though. Personally I roll with what we have and wait for final cuts. Lots of pretty decent players will be out there

I think you are missing the point. He was saying we are gonna lose some of those WRs anyways. Best thing would be if a team was gonna lose some DL anyways (like we are gonna lose WRs) & needed WR to make a trade with them. Win, win

No where was it we should trade other players that weakens our team. Weeden is our back up QB. Don't care what is in print. He will be our back up when the season starts. trading our back up Qb would weaken us. especially for a marginal DL player. We don't have another option for back up. One guy will be cut & the other will probably on the PS.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he only gets 6 games I'll be surprised. Goodall took a public beating for Rices two games. I think he comes heavy handed on Brent. Plus you know Mara will have his shit input.

As for Vaughn I like what I saw but I just don't see where he wowed us enough to be claimed off the waiver wire. If he clears through waivers he most likely comes back to us. A team cannot claim him off of waivers and simply place him on their PS.

You might be right about Brent

Vaughn showed poise IMO and Tanney is on the Bucs now and if he gets cut I would bring him back for a look see anyway