• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need some help on a counter on this trade offer

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 team ( suppose to 12, but guess a couple of owners got cold feet) PPR big money league.

Got this offer :
I get Reed and Cobb
I trade Kelce

My starters:
QB: Stafford ( waited and waited for a QB)
WR: Evans, JuJU,
RBs: Bell, Mixon
Flex: Henry, M. Jones
TE: Kelce

Bench:
Kupp
Funchess
J. Brown
J. Williams
Golf
Kittle
Kicker: Crosby
Def: Rams

His team:

T. Taylor ( He waited even longer then I did)
WR: Adams, j. Crowder
RBs: Zeke, J. Howard
Flex: Burkhead, Collins
TE: Reed

Bench:

Goodwin
Woods
m. Williams
Cobb
T. Eifert
Jeffery
Breida

Not going to accept his offer, but was thinking about making a counter.
Was thinking of offering Kelce and either JuJU or Jones for Adams and Reed. I do have Kittle so I would have a replacement handy when ( not if) Reed gets hurt.

However I really like Kelce as someone that gives me a advantage at TE ( drafting a high end TE is something I rarely do, but coming around to the idea). Not even sure he would go for the counter either given that his other starter is Crowder. That would make him really weak at WR, don't think I would do that if I was him. My other thought was asking for Howard and Reed for Kelce and Henry, but IDK if I like that TBH, need more help at WR then RB, my WR depth is poor, starters OK but not great.

Got a lot of money on the line, but more then that some real shit talkers in this league. So I really really want to win this league, or at least do well.

Thoughts?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you know me and trades... we don't all think alike... but I do like your counter of Kelce & JuJu for Adams & Reed

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you know me and trades... we don't all think alike... but I do like your counter of Kelce & JuJu for Adams & Reed
Thanks Joe! TBH doubt he goes for that, but I’m not unhappy with my roster as is. Think it’s worth a shot.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Kelce unless the counter works. Good chance J Brown is a solid play this year they say he is healthy could be a Desean Jackson year for him. Only problem is knowing which week he goes off. I’m thinking if he goes off early maybe upgrade in a package a few weeks in. However if he bites on Adams then ya because as you stated you have the depth behind Reed. One day one day if he is healthy and with Alex Smith this could be the monster year.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't do it in any way. Wether its Reed or Eifert coming back to replace Kelce, you may as well consider a deal structured in such a way that your going to have a black hole and Kittle at TE, because we simply cannot count on either playing a half season, let alone a full one. And the only dude he's got that would sufficiently motivate me to go from Kelce to that, would be Zeke, and good luck there.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not big on Reed, so I wouldn't do either trade. I guess if you like him, though the Adams counter works.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think if I go after Adams, he might counter
Wouldn't do it in any way. Wether its Reed or Eifert coming back to replace Kelce, you may as well consider a deal structured in such a way that your going to have a black hole and Kittle at TE, because we simply cannot count on either playing a half season, let alone a full one. And the only dude he's got that would sufficiently motivate me to go from Kelce to that, would be Zeke, and good luck there.
Do you value Kelce that much? He does have concussion issues and a new QB with a rep for liking for throwing long, rather then short.
Also I take it your not high on Kettle? Reed did well under Shannaham system, you don’t see that working for Kettle.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not big on Reed, so I wouldn't do either trade. I guess if you like him, though the Adams counter works.
You love TEs something fierce. You don’t feel the upgrade from JuJu or Jones to Adams makes up for the downgrade to Kettle at TE? Kettle been touted as a possible cheap gem at TE.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you value Kelce that much? He does have concussion issues and a new QB with a rep for liking for throwing long, rather then short.
Also I take it your not high on Kettle? Reed did well under Shannaham system, you don’t see that working for Kettle.
Course Adams has concussion problems also. IDK maybe I overvalue Adams.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well rejected without making a counter, don't see him being able to afford trading away his one good WR.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, not high on Kittle at all, honestly don't think he should be rostered in anything but 14 team or bigger leagues. And with kelce being a better than average down field threat for a TE, I'm not overly concerned that Mahommes overlooks him. He's still a young QB, he'll still need a reliable, big target to bail him out.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You love TEs something fierce. You don’t feel the upgrade from JuJu or Jones to Adams makes up for the downgrade to Kettle at TE? Kettle been touted as a possible cheap gem at TE.
Not really. I usually wait on a TE and find one on the ww that comes "out of nowhere" and has a solid season. I guess you are referring to my original draft in D2, where I took Kelce and Eifert in back to back rounds. If so, I just felt they were the best players on the board at the time and figured I could trade one or start one in the flex if I needed to. Kelce turned out to be a stud and I traded Eifert not long after the draft, so it worked out.