• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska reportedly wants to rejoin the Big 12

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in: The United States wants to rejoin England

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska and Oklahoma are playing in 2021 and 2022.

There were Big 12 North and Big 12 South. The Big 12 North was soon the laughing stock of the Big 12. Three Big 12 North schools left; Colorado, Nebraska and Missouri. That left Kansas, Iowa State, and K State still in the Big 12.

Everyone knows Kansas and Iowa State are usually scheduled for Homecoming in the Big 12. K State is a bit better.
2015 6-7
2014 9-4
2013 8-5
2012 11-2 Big 12 Champs
2011 10-3
I just think Nebraska got out at a perfect time and the B12 has been sinking ever since, especially because Texas refuses to give up their own network. One of the two top schools left in the conference does it's own thing no matter what is best for the collective group. Colorado, Nebraska and Missouri have all had success outside of the B12.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the two top schools left in the conference does it's own thing no matter what is best for the collective group
While I think the LHN is nothing more than a pig in a poke, I laugh when people use TV revenue sharing as the "best for the collective group" argument. If you want to go all in on "best for the collective group", then schools would have to equally share ALL revenue, and not just TV revenue. That ain't never happenin' so things will always be very unequal. Texas Tech will NEVER have the total resources that Texas has unless Texas is willing to share ALL their revenue...not just Tier 3 TV money!

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Nebraska got out at a perfect time and the B12 has been sinking ever since, especially because Texas refuses to give up their own network. One of the two top schools left in the conference does it's own thing no matter what is best for the collective group. Colorado, Nebraska and Missouri have all had success outside of the B12.

Kansas State laughs at Colorado's tv revenue.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think the LHN is nothing more than a pig in a poke, I laugh when people use TV revenue sharing as the "best for the collective group" argument. If you want to go all in on "best for the collective group", then schools would have to equally share ALL revenue, and not just TV revenue. That ain't never happenin' so things will always be very unequal. Texas Tech will NEVER have the total resources that Texas has unless Texas is willing to share ALL their revenue...not just Tier 3 TV money!
Of course, that's never going to change. Michigan State will never get the same revenue Michigan has because Michigan has more fans, sells more stuff and gets more people to come to shit/donate. You aren't going to share revenue because states, and voters, have a say in that kind of a thing and I suspect voters in Michigan would be pretty pissed off if they started to have to subsidize the athletic department so that we could share revenue with Purdue.

With that said, TV revenue is currently a big deal. When we're talking about an athletic department with total expenses around $75 million (Purdue and lesser B10 schools), it's HUGE to make $20-$35 million in TV deals. That's reaching almost half of their entire operating costs. In the B10 Purdue, yes Purdue -- a team that's won 12 total games in the last 4 years -- has an entirely self sufficient athletic department. That can't be ignored.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that said, TV revenue is currently a big deal. When we're talking about an athletic department with total expenses around $75 million (Purdue and lesser B10 schools), it's HUGE to make $20-$35 million in TV deals. That's reaching almost half of their entire operating costs. In the B10 Purdue, yes Purdue -- a team that's won 12 total games in the last 4 years -- has an entirely self sufficient athletic department. That can't be ignored.
I readily admit this. But, let's be real. Michigan, Ohio State etal are willing to subsidize the less fortunate schools...but ONLY to a certain extent. Total revenue still isn't totally equal even with that subsidation. (and never will be...and shouldn't) So people shoudn't waive the "the good of the group" flag when trying to make it look like the Tier 3 revenue makes it all equal.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I readily admit this. But, let's be real. Michigan, Ohio State etal are willing to subsidize the less fortunate schools...but ONLY to a certain extent. Total revenue still isn't totally equal even with that subsidation. (and never will be...and shouldn't) So people shoudn't waive the "the good of the group" flag when trying to make it look like the Tier 3 revenue makes it all equal.
Yes we should, because if a team like Purdue is in another conference, they are worse off financially.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHHAA. Good jokes.

There's an infinitely greater chance that OU drops the B12 and joins the B1G than Nebraska going back to the B12...and OU coming to the B1G is a very minute possibility.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only shot the big 12 has of getting Iowa 2.0 back is if they'd allow partial qualifiers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front running Missouri fans....
College football is 90% front running fans and 10% raging alcoholics. Front running Mizzou fans. GTFO with that shit