• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska reportedly wants to rejoin the Big 12

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it Huskers, you guys are 5-0 #12 ranking and things seem and feel real good right now.

But at my Ducks expense, your 5-0 record comes against teams where only 1? Wyoming? has a winning record.
Wyoming vs. Oregon this year sounds like a toss up. :D and :bolt:I'm outta here.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it Huskers, you guys are 5-0 #12 ranking and things seem and feel real good right now.

But at my Ducks expense, your 5-0 record comes against teams where only 1? Wyoming? has a winning record.
We havent been a national power in 20 years nearly... yet the media keep talking about us... Real huskers know to take that 5-0 with a grain of salt.... a gigantic fucking grain of salt... the size of oregon. The fact of the matter is As football became popular on a national scale we were there to usher it in...we have a history of winning.

Oregon 637 479 46 .568
Nebraska 880 368 40 .699

Amazing right???

History, Tradition, National Championships. We are landlocked have a far less beautiful state than 99% of the states with national titles. We didnt have texas in the conference when we won national titles. Keep that Duck logic rolling. USC has been down for so long you think the pac 12 has just gotten better.....its just the biggest shiniest turd in the shit show over there.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We havent been a national power in 20 years nearly... yet the media keep talking about us... Real huskers know to take that 5-0 with a grain of salt.... a gigantic fucking grain of salt... the size of oregon. The fact of the matter is As football became popular on a national scale we were there to usher it in...we have a history of winning.

Oregon 637 479 46 .568
Nebraska 880 368 40 .699

Amazing right???

History, Tradition, National Championships. We are landlocked have a far less beautiful state than 99% of the states with national titles. We didnt have texas in the conference when we won national titles. Keep that Duck logic rolling. USC has been down for so long you think the pac 12 has just gotten better.....its just the biggest shiniest turd in the shit show over there.
I will anxiously await that 30 for 30 they make on Nebraska's run in the 90s someday.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will anxiously await that 30 for 30 they make on Nebraska's run in the 90s someday.
You mean the decade we had 3 national titles... to which AFTER, oregon HAD risen to a "power" and they earned 0 titles...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the decade we had 3 national titles... to which AFTER, oregon HAD risen to a "power" and they earned 0 titles...
Yeah, if you don't think something was up then you're living in a dream world.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll take care of this, if the source could just reveal the individual that wants us to go back, it'll just work itself out

TexomaSooner

TexomaSooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for other Sooner fans, but I personally hope OU remains a member of the Big-12 forever. Regarding the Huskers, I personally think my saddest day ever, regarding college football, was the day I learned Nebraska was leaving the Big-12 conference. And back at the time I believed, and still do, that the Huskers' switching conferences not only was detrimental and costly to the B-12, it will eventually be seen as a costly mistake, regarding their sports programs, by the University of Nebraska itself.

As a member of the Big-12, even at the end when they below their normal top-team strength, the Huskers were still one of our conference's elite programs. But as a member of the Big-10, even though that conference has much larger fan-base-numbers along with greater appeal to the people who dole out tv revenue, the Huskers will always be a middle-of-the-pack/johnny-come-lately-member, having no true in-conference rivalries, while having increasing difficulty in signing top recruits along with increasing difficulty in sustaining nationwide esteem and respect.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for other Sooner fans, but I personally hope OU remains a member of the Big-12 forever. Regarding the Huskers, I personally think my saddest day ever, regarding college football, was the day I learned Nebraska was leaving the Big-12 conference. And back at the time I believed, and still do, that the Huskers' switching conferences not only was detrimental and costly to the B-12, it will eventually be seen as a costly mistake, regarding their sports programs, by the University of Nebraska itself.

As a member of the Big-12, even at the end when they below their normal top-team strength, the Huskers were still one of our conference's elite programs. But as a member of the Big-10, even though that conference has much larger fan-base-numbers along with greater appeal to the people who dole out tv revenue, the Huskers will always be a middle-of-the-pack/johnny-come-lately-member, having no true in-conference rivalries, while having increasing difficulty in signing top recruits along with increasing difficulty in sustaining nationwide esteem and respect.
Time for the schools to play each other in a non conference gm on Black Friday every yr

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much has Texas recruiting dropped off for Nebraska since they left the B12?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving the Big XII only left me with sadness of not facing OU, a heated but respectful rivalry. When the Big XII tookin the scum/cheaters/whores of the SWC it was over...That was clear.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Nebraska leaving the Big10, especially if OU isn't in the Big12. About recruiting, although playing in a region helps, you can recruit nationally as long as you have the coach and the brand name.

This. It would be far fetched if Nebraska wanted to relive it's glory days with OU, but without OU this makes little sense.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol no one leaves the B1G. Although I wish Rutgers wasn't allowed to join.

Surfahgal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT and Tulane will never be invited back to the SEC. Food for thought.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering who would be the first idiot to post this. Now, I know.

Real name is Eion.

The guy is a real estate agent & investor in Arizona. The guy is like Droider, he loves every team, expert on everything. Expert on BYU, Houston, San Francisco Giants, Real Estate, Flipping Houses, etc. EVERYTHING. Has to be a Mormon the way he sucks on Holmoe from BYU.

Tim Montemayor | LinkedIn

Tim Montemayor - Expansion

Tim Montemayor

Tim Montemayor Named PD/Afternoons At 1320 KFAN

Eoin "Tim" Montemayor - My Home Group

Sactown Royalty Exclusive: A Fake Interview with KHTK's Tim Montemayor this one is sort of entertaining,

Yup, credible.

Eion Montemayor = DOUCHEBAG

I put a thread on the Nebraska boards showing how much money Nebraska has brought in from R&D since joining the B1G. Nebraska has brought in more money from Academic R%D than nine other Big 12 schools have brought in with R&D + Big 12 payouts.

Why leaving the Big 12 was the right choice

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much has Texas recruiting dropped off for Nebraska since they left the B12?

To answer the question, before, there were about 15 players at Nebraska from Texas per season. Prior to the formation of the Big 12, Nebraska averaged around seven players from Texas each year on the team. Good football players will go where there is good football.

It doesn't matter about where recruits come from, Coaching plays a lot in it. Look how Texas has done the past seven years. Texas gets first dibs on Texas recruits, Texas is 43-37 over the last seven years.

I have posted this before.
The University of Kansas is filled with recruits from Texas. Are they good?
Iowa State has at least 15 players from Texas. Are they good?

There have also been recruits from Texas that left Nebraska and went to play at other schools. Aaron Green left Nebraska to play at TCU.

Recruits from Texas on Nebraska since joining the B1G
Drew Brown Starter Junior (his brother played for Nebraska, went to the NFL)
Tommy Armstrong Starter Senior
Josh Kalu starter Junior
Dwayne Johnson OL
DEvine Ozigbo starter Mike Riley recruit

Mike Riley recruits for 2017
Deontai Watts
Brenden Jaimes

The previous coaching staff did a lot of Texas recruiting. Ohio State hired Tim Beck, ex Husker coach, for his Texas ties.

Last edited:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about that...I went back and looked at their recruiting. When they joined the B10 Nebraska saw a pretty significant jump in recruiting. They went from signing 2-5 four star recruits per year in the 6 years prior, to signing 9 in 2011, 8 in 2012, and 7 in 2013. Arguably some of their best classes in the recruiting ranking era have come since joining the B10.

Not to mention, the B10 treats them as a premier school in their own division. Inner-conference rivalries take time, but I'm not sure why they don't set up something in the non-conference with Oklahoma? Michigan and Michigan State do that with Notre Dame. But in the West division, Nebraska controls it's own destiny. It is the premier, historic, school. In the B12, Nebraska was always second fiddle to OU and Texas because there were no divisions. With the West Division, Nebraska has to matchup with (natural rivals) Iowa and Wisconsin to win the division. Over time those, especially Wisconsin, seem like they could develop into something when you're constantly competing over the same thing -- winning the West division. Throw in an OOC schedule that includes OU, and Nebraska (IMO) is far better off than they were in the B12, and richer too. The B12 is a failing conference right now.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that...I went back and looked at their recruiting. When they joined the B10 Nebraska saw a pretty significant jump in recruiting. They went from signing 2-5 four star recruits per year in the 6 years prior, to signing 9 in 2011, 8 in 2012, and 7 in 2013. Arguably some of their best classes in the recruiting ranking era have come since joining the B10.

Not to mention, the B10 treats them as a premier school in their own division. Inner-conference rivalries take time, but I'm not sure why they don't set up something in the non-conference with Oklahoma? Michigan and Michigan State do that with Notre Dame. But in the West division, Nebraska controls it's own destiny. It is the premier, historic, school. In the B12, Nebraska was always second fiddle to OU and Texas because there were no divisions. With the West Division, Nebraska has to matchup with (natural rivals) Iowa and Wisconsin to win the division. Over time those, especially Wisconsin, seem like they could develop into something when you're constantly competing over the same thing -- winning the West division. Throw in an OOC schedule that includes OU, and Nebraska (IMO) is far better off than they were in the B12, and richer too. The B12 is a failing conference right now.

Nebraska and Oklahoma are playing in 2021 and 2022.

There were Big 12 North and Big 12 South. The Big 12 North was soon the laughing stock of the Big 12. Three Big 12 North schools left; Colorado, Nebraska and Missouri. That left Kansas, Iowa State, and K State still in the Big 12.

Everyone knows Kansas and Iowa State are usually scheduled for Homecoming in the Big 12. K State is a bit better.
2015 6-7
2014 9-4
2013 8-5
2012 11-2 Big 12 Champs
2011 10-3