• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA LOSES O'Bannon case

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all of us with a brain saw this coming.

So now the NCAA business model has been ruled illegal. All of you who hate the idea of paying athletes, you can either quit watching now, or get ready for change that should have come decades ago. No longer can they profit off the back of unpaid labor or not allow kids to profit off their own image, name, or likeness.

I'm sure there will be ton of appeals, but this was the first major blow to ending the NCAA as we know it. Good riddance!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading NCAA decision: "Court finds that the NCAA exercises market power, fixes prices, and restricts competition....."

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pay the proper people so I can get my EA NCAA Football back.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case I think the NCAA should pay the athletes for their likeliness, name, etc.

But only for a fund that is attainable after the player Graduates

key word is graduates, if they take off to the NFL and never come back they can't get this fund

I feel like this is the way the NCAA can compensate the athletes and still maintain their status as students

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case I think the NCAA should pay the athletes for their likeliness, name, etc.

But only for a fund that is attainable after the player Graduates

key word is graduates, if they take off to the NFL and never come back they can't get this fund

I feel like this is the way the NCAA can compensate the athletes and still maintain their status as students

That idea would get struck down in court as well.

You can't NOT pay someone that's generating monies for you because they don't graduate. No matter what, if you profited off them, you will HAVE to pay them. Plus NOW you have schools that have a VESTED INTEREST in making sure a lot of these kids don't graduate.......that idea opens up a whole new can of worms.

We are seeing a system where the 1% profiting obscenely off of child labor has to actually pay up. This is a GOOD thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay all scholarship students a salary. Have it written into their contract that each paid student must reimburse all monies paid (Scholarship, housing, and pay) if/when said student signs a pro contract.