• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA rule changes

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Board Of Governors Approves Rule Changes For Next Season

It's mostly replay stuff, the biggest being able to review block/charge calls within the restricted area. The one I think is most interesting is its now a turnover if the offense parks a player out of bounds while a play is going on. Several teams last year were doing this to open up space because the defense would stupidly still play close to their man despite him standing out of bounds.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one I think is most interesting is its now a turnover if the offense parks a player out of bounds while a play is going on. Several teams last year were doing this to open up space because the defense would stupidly still play close to their man despite him standing out of bounds.

That is pretty stupid. Unless the guy is standing on the other side of the baseline near the basket.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that depends on what you meant by if the offense parks a player out of bounds - If you're saying the player is pushing or forcing player B out of bounds to clear space, then that becomes a turn over- I agree with that - just because a player B is playing it close doesn't give player A the right to shove him out of bounds

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not understanding what's going on. There is no pushing. The offensive player is VOLUNTARILY standing out of bounds as part of the play design. A few of the more clever coaches drew up plays where a guy would stand out of bounds (usually a post player) because the defense would actually play him even though he's standing out of bounds. By using a post player as a distraction, the defense would vacate the paint to stupidly cover the guy out of bounds, thus opening up lanes for the offense. Another example is a shooter would stand out of bounds for 5+ seconds while the play is going on, the defense would forget about him, and then the shooter would run back on court real quick for an open look

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not believe that some coaches (or players) are dumb enough that they had to make a rule to protect them from it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not understanding what's going on. There is no pushing. The offensive player is VOLUNTARILY standing out of bounds as part of the play design. A few of the more clever coaches drew up plays where a guy would stand out of bounds (usually a post player) because the defense would actually play him even though he's standing out of bounds. By using a post player as a distraction, the defense would vacate the paint to stupidly cover the guy out of bounds, thus opening up lanes for the offense. Another example is a shooter would stand out of bounds for 5+ seconds while the play is going on, the defense would forget about him, and then the shooter would run back on court real quick for an open look

On that note, I guess I have a question because I have noticed over the years that players would freely go out of bounds and then come back onto the court even though they did not have the ball and no technicals or etc would be call. For me if the offensive player is one of the five on the court, and is voluntarily standing out of bounds as part of the play design and the rule now is that is a turn over - Then I am definitely in agreement with this change. I think all 5 players should have to stay in bounds. That's what the boundaries are for

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I have read the rule change and I agree with it, because you really can't have players stepping out of bounds just to stay out of the restricted area and still guard someone in that area.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will put it this way - I personally have never liked the rule about the restricted area any way, but if you're going to have one then out of bounds needs to be part of the restricted area. It is ludicrious to set up the restricted area, and have players running out of bounds to stop another player about to shoot. I have seen that more then a few times and to be the team is cheating.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay with more replays - then there will less fans bitching about bad calls and blaming the refs

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay with more replays - then there will less fans bitching about bad calls and blaming the refs

I am in favor of more reviews also. But they have got to make it so that the refs don't take more than 2 minutes of looking at the replay to make a final decision. Some of the replays reviewed in the playoffs were ridiculous as to how long it took - and some of them they got wrong, anyway.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defenders that jump under an offensive player that is already fixing to jump or has already jumped and is floating through the air should not be an offensive foul.

In other words make the defender get set before the offensive player has lifted his dribble.

One other thing they should change is.... They should allow defensive players to stand their ground and not necessarily have to fall back or down to draw a foul or atleast allow play to go on. Like in the 80's in other words when post players could stand their ground as long as their arms stay up and if they were there in time on the drive.

Also they should allow defenses to stand and defend where ever they would like. (Allow centers and pfs to stand under the rim on defense and guard the lane.

I can't quite agree with that if I am understanding what you're saying. Let's first start with a legitimate shooter who's team mates have stayed in bounds and one is shooting the ball. When player B, however comes under-neath him the shooter has to be protected from being able to sneak under him like that and cause him to get injured. On the other hand if shooter A stepped out of bounds to avoid the 3 second rule, then steps in bounds and shooter over the defender - then that should be a foul on the shooter because he freakin cheated to get the easy shot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the rules and fuck replay.

Streetball!!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in favor of more reviews also. But they have got to make it so that the refs don't take more than 2 minutes of looking at the replay to make a final decision. Some of the replays reviewed in the playoffs were ridiculous as to how long it took - and some of them they got wrong, anyway.

Look on the bright side - more replays means they can sell more commercials. Mabe they will quit whining about losing money

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to see the NBA just reset its rules and get back to a more physical, inside game. Don't really appreciate guys sliding into the lane and undercutting a man who has made a great move to the hoop. Don't appreciate zone defense one bit. Bring back handchecking, bring back the illegal defense and for christ sakes start giving out technicals for flopping on both ends of the floor.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET'S JUST GO WITH RUGBY THEN AND WHOEVER HAS THE BALL - EVERYONE GETS TO BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF HIM. While were at it lets bring back the women's roller derby and watch them fight and be the crap out of each other. Violence is a wonderful thing and should be taught to all of our children

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET'S JUST GO WITH RUGBY THEN AND WHOEVER HAS THE BALL - EVERYONE GETS TO BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF HIM. While were at it lets bring back the women's roller derby and watch them fight and be the crap out of each other. Violence is a wonderful thing and should be taught to all of our children

I liked roller derby. Women, of course. It was pretty violent, though, you are right about that.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rugby is fucking awesome. It's 100 times better than basketball.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rugby is fucking awesome. It's 100 times better than basketball.

Awesome game as long as you either don't get the ball or you can run faster then everyone else:lol: