• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Rookie Thread 2018-2019 Edition

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton does remind me a lot of Kemba.

Hes not as talented as Kyrie - but who is?

I dont know if he will be as good as Lillard either- Lillard is great.

But i think he can be a top 10PG in a league wehre you gotta be fucking spectacular to be a top 10 PG. Maybe at his prime he can break that top 5 but it aint easy to be a top 5 pg in the NBA thats for sure.
I told you I was secretly hoping he fell to the Clippers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should add Hawks traded Luka for Trae AND Mavs' pick, though may need some luck to get a solid player with that one (top 5 protected I think)

Would be #7 right now (if they don't jump up in the lottery).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of the 10 worst teams in the NBA - I will rank them in the order that they "deserve" to win the lotto:

1. Atlanta Hawks - have never really tanked, have a good young trio- have played hard all year.

2. Cleveland Cavaliers- just had LeBron leave, are rebuilding and Nick Gilbert is a great good luck charm.

3. Dallas Mavericks- no non-tanking bad karma juju. Have not had a really high pick in a long time.

4. Bricks- plenty of tanking bad karma juju, Dolan is an asshole, they just drove off Porzingis- but they are just terrible

5. Suns- they are just terrible and have had tons of high picks lately, but with only 17 wins they shouldnt slip too far down

6. Grizzlies- never really tanked- have not had a high pick in a long time- would be nice if they moved up (at least not at the expense of the Cavs)

7. Pelicans- would be pretty awesome for them to get Zion to replace Davis- and get a nice haul for Davis- and send him out the door.

8. Bulls- ehh.....they got really lucky to get Rose and their ownership is really cheap.

9. Wizards- dont deserve shit- terribly run.

10. Lakers? LOL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of the 10 worst teams in the NBA - I will rank them in the order that they "deserve" to win the lotto:

1. Atlanta Hawks - have never really tanked, have a good young trio- have played hard all year.

2. Cleveland Cavaliers- just had LeBron leave, are rebuilding and Nick Gilbert is a great good luck charm.

3. Dallas Mavericks- no non-tanking bad karma juju. Have not had a really high pick in a long time.

4. Bricks- plenty of tanking bad karma juju, Dolan is an asshole, they just drove off Porzingis- but they are just terrible

5. Suns- they are just terrible and have had tons of high picks lately, but with only 17 wins they shouldnt slip too far down

6. Grizzlies- never really tanked- have not had a high pick in a long time- would be nice if they moved up (at least not at the expense of the Cavs)

7. Pelicans- would be pretty awesome for them to get Zion to replace Davis- and get a nice haul for Davis- and send him out the door.

8. Bulls- ehh.....they got really lucky to get Rose and their ownership is really cheap.

9. Wizards- dont deserve shit- terribly run.

10. Lakers? LOL

Deserve? The only reason to deserve a high draft pick is because your team truly sucks. Not that your team can effectively tank, hide players on the injured list, dump the roster to lose on purpose, etc. The Knicks legitimately suck; they should have the #1 pick. Whether or not they still have Porzingis or not, their record would be the same. It's never someone's "turn" or any bullshit like that. If you haven't drafted early in a while, it's because your team has won too much to qualify. That means one of two things; you had a playoff team of for a long stretch, or your team is mismanaged and annually stuck in NBA hell (not good enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough to get a strong enough draft pick to rebuild).