• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Rookie Thread 2018-2019 Edition

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Thomas and Irving were never known for creating offense for others.

They were both score first PG's more concerned about getting their own numbers

So is Sexton

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs can somehow get #1 or #2 it will be wel lworth it to tank for the year.

Hey,

Remember when you blasted me for saying the Bulls made a good pick in WCJ?

Good times. This thread just reminded me of yet another epic fail by you.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doncic -------------------------> Everyone else.

Gotta say....

Allonso Trier, steal of the Draft when you remember he wasn't taken in either round.

I love him and Diallo in OKC.

My guy SGA needs work.

But, he looks like he's gonna be really good.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maxresdefault.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moritz Wagner with some surprise minutes vs the Warriors this weekend, played pretty well (if a bit over-excited lol). 7 points on 3-3 shooting (1 3pt) and 3 boards in 11 minutes.

Tough path to more minutes though, with the Lakers already playing 3 other centers (Zubac, McGee, Chandler) and 3 other "PF" in Lebron, Kuzma, and Beasley.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moritz Wagner with some surprise minutes vs the Warriors this weekend, played pretty well (if a bit over-excited lol). 7 points on 3-3 shooting (1 3pt) and 3 boards in 11 minutes.

Tough path to more minutes though, with the Lakers already playing 3 other centers (Zubac, McGee, Chandler) and 3 other "PF" in Lebron, Kuzma, and Beasley.

Well, most of those roadblocks to minutes are gone now, lol. Zubac and Beasley traded (for Muscala, similar player to Wagner), Chandler and now Kuzma not healthy. Wagner looked pretty good again vs Boston this weekend, 22 pts and 6 reb. Looks like he's starting to feel more comfortable, even talking trash on the court lol...

Chapman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka Doncic will be ROTY, but Trae Young have been great as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Luka may have hit a (very late) rookie wall. His shooting has really fallen off (.399/.231/.545 in March).

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You switched to being a Bears fan @handicappers?

What happened to the Cowboys?

Reading comprehenzion can be your friend.

*HINT* Try examining all three avatars of his favorite teams and let us know if some kind of pattern emerges....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka Doncic will be ROTY, but Trae Young have been great as well.

Yeah bc he is really a damn good passer but he is pretty inefficient. You look at Sexton's number compared to Trae's. They play the same number of minutes, Trae hoists up more shots and about 3 more 3 pointers a game and averages a couple more points. The difference is the one more made 3 but Sexton is shooting the 3 ball at 41% clip, Young is shooting it at a 34% clip.

Sexton needs to work on his vision but he has vastly improved. From overall efficiency and a scoring I would take Sexton. Trae has been the better player bc of his vision and passing skills. I have no doubt Sexton will get better at this but right now considering the Hawks essentially traded Luka for Trae and the Cavs got Sexton with the 8th pick....the Cavs made the better pick and both having very nice rookie years.

Doncic is the obvious choice though for PG if we count him as a PG. Gus efficiency needs some work but he is only 19! Crazy!

Chapman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah bc he is really a damn good passer but he is pretty inefficient. You look at Sexton's number compared to Trae's. They play the same number of minutes, Trae hoists up more shots and about 3 more 3 pointers a game and averages a couple more points. The difference is the one more made 3 but Sexton is shooting the 3 ball at 41% clip, Young is shooting it at a 34% clip.

Sexton needs to work on his vision but he has vastly improved. From overall efficiency and a scoring I would take Sexton. Trae has been the better player bc of his vision and passing skills. I have no doubt Sexton will get better at this but right now considering the Hawks essentially traded Luka for Trae and the Cavs got Sexton with the 8th pick....the Cavs made the better pick and both having very nice rookie years.

Doncic is the obvious choice though for PG if we count him as a PG. Gus efficiency needs some work but he is only 19! Crazy!
I can't say any better. Yeah, Sexton proved as well.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have Luka winning it.

But, Trae and Sexton have had big second halves of the Season.

Bagley has looked great too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should add Hawks traded Luka for Trae AND Mavs' pick, though may need some luck to get a solid player with that one (top 5 protected I think)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have Luka winning it.

But, Trae and Sexton have had big second halves of the Season.
Sexton does remind me a lot of Kemba.

Hes not as talented as Kyrie - but who is?

I dont know if he will be as good as Lillard either- Lillard is great.

But i think he can be a top 10PG in a league wehre you gotta be fucking spectacular to be a top 10 PG. Maybe at his prime he can break that top 5 but it aint easy to be a top 5 pg in the NBA thats for sure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton does remind me a lot of Kemba.

Hes not as talented as Kyrie - but who is?

I dont know if he will be as good as Lillard either- Lillard is great.

But i think he can be a top 10PG in a league wehre you gotta be fucking spectacular to be a top 10 PG. Maybe at his prime he can break that top 5 but it aint easy to be a top 5 pg in the NBA thats for sure.
Gives me a lot of hope in the kid knowing he is so young and has been exceptional in the area he had questioned the most (outside shooting).