• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why you’re the homerest of homers. You’ve even been able to convince yourself that your position on this has nothing to do with him being a Brown.
cool story.....but fans who are not fans of the Browns agree with me. Are they also the homerist of the homers.

And, yes, it's not lost on me how funny it is when you call someone a homer.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not ask her that as she has no agenda on this matter and is capable of a rational discussion. She also is able to think for herself, has no agenda and wont simply believe everything she is told by others who may support an agenda.

But you do you.
I didn’t pick her position for her. I asked you to have her give you the details on MOST women in her generation.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we're also not talking about "shrink" where some business loses money because of theft.

We're talking about actual peoples lives. And if what you got out of my posts is that merely that 4-6 people who lied don't get a payday, I've either given you too much credit, or you are too emotional about it.

I want Watson to have to pay fair compensation to the women he actually did this to. Perhaps if that happened, the women who were actual victims would get more compensation.

Also, you keep throwing out these numbers as if they mean something. You have no idea how many are really victims and how many aren't. Here's something else we don't know. How many of the 24 gave consent and then decided they didn't consent when they saw a possible payday?

And what names did I call you?
SJW

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool story.....but fans who are not fans of the Browns agree with me. Are they also the homerist of the homers.

And, yes, it's not lost on me how funny it is when you call someone a homer.
I wasn’t talking about other posters. I expressly stated why YOU have adopted your position.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we're also not talking about "shrink" where some business loses money because of theft.

We're talking about actual peoples lives. And if what you got out of my posts is that merely that 4-6 people who lied don't get a payday, I've either given you too much credit, or you are too emotional about it.

I want Watson to have to pay fair compensation to the women he actually did this to. Perhaps if that happened, the women who were actual victims would get more compensation.

Also, you keep throwing out these numbers as if they mean something. You have no idea how many are really victims and how many aren't. Here's something else we don't know. How many of the 24 gave consent and then decided they didn't consent when they saw a possible payday?

And what names did I call you?
It’s impossible to weed out those who have been assaulted and those who are liars. It’s insane to think with this many accusations when the dude is contracting 66 different masseuses to think he is 100% innocent. For reasons I’ve already presented, this is the only recourse these victims have. I have zero fucks to give if a handful of liars slip through the imperfect cracks in what is a fucked up system to begin with for r*pe victims.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saying you are more interested in social justice than real justice, is not calling you an SJW. I have posted with you enough to know that you're not an SJW. I also hate SJW's enough that I wouldn't use that term on someone lightly.

However, in this case, you are more interested in social justice than real justice. You've said as much yourself.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t talking about other posters. I expressly stated why YOU have adopted your position.
Ok, but others have the same opinion so maybe it's not a Browns' thing? You have offered your opinion why I might have.....but you also ignore the many comments I have made that disparage Watson's actions. whatever Watson did and to whomever he should pay for that and pay the right people the right amount.

The suspension? I still say anything from nothing to a season+ could be justified, though harder to justify nothing or more than a season IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s impossible to weed out those who have been assaulted and those who are liars. It’s insane to think with this many accusations when the dude is contracting 66 different masseuses to think he is 100% innocent.

When did I say he was 100% innocent? As matter of fact, I stated that the fact that he contacted 66 different masseuses would likely be used against him when the NFL makes it's decision because it shows that it wasn't about a massage.

However, just because he's not 100% innocent, does not mean he is automatically 100% guilty either.

And to be clear, he has chosen to settle at least 20 cases out of court, so if some of those women were lying and he has to pay them...that's the decision he made and I'm not going to feel sorry him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s impossible to weed out those who have been assaulted and those who are liars. It’s insane to think with this many accusations when the dude is contracting 66 different masseuses to think he is 100% innocent. For reasons I’ve already presented, this is the only recourse these victims have. I have zero fucks to give if a handful of liars slip through the imperfect cracks in what is a fucked up system to begin with for r*pe victims.
Once again, it says more about you to say 100% innocent. who said he is 100% innocent?

at the very least, I can make my argument without lying and exaggerating. You seem to struggle without using those tactics.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting a suspension is simply not an option at this point. I know it’s a misdemeanor but at a minimum this guy was soliciting sex regularly. He’s not the only one I’m sure but he got caught. He will be suspended. To me the settlements arent much of a part of this at this point.
the crazy thing is---- both grand jury's could have charged him with a misdemeanor- or a multitude of misdemeanors- and neither one did. And the bar for a grand jury is a LOW bar.

Its totally weird. I agree the guy is scummy and has some kind of problems- and his behavior was totally gross--- I just dont know what - when the rubber hits the road- the actual claims are. I say claims- because there are no charges and its highly highly unlikely at this time there will be any charges.

Its such a weird case.

Its so weird that with all that has been made about it- that the grand jury wouldnt even CHARGE him with a misdemeanor.

what I heard on the radio is that in the criminal complaints- woman said they were forced- but when the depositons came out- none of them said they were forced. Thats what I heard on the radio.

I mean- the NFL can suspend a guy for being a scumbag- and being a scum bag a ton of times---- and I totally think the guy is a weirdo scumbag....that he was inappropriate.

But if I am his lawyer- I make the case that being a scumbag and inappropriate- is not a crime- the grand juries said there is not even probably cause to bring charges- and being a scumbag is a lot less worse than someone like Ray Rice decking someone and getting what? 5 games?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started the last season of Peaky Blinders. Man I love this show. Anyone else watched?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what good is the expressed regret if it doesn’t even revolve around the people he sexually assaulted?
sexual assault is a crime.

2 grand juries said he didnt commit a crime. 2 grand juries said that there is not even enough probable cause to charge him with a crime- felony or even misdemeanor.

Hey- believe me- from everything we have heard- some stuff just doesnt compute. There has to be something going on here we dont see.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve had hours of conversations with my daughter about a multitude of behaviors and if when scenarios. Have you asked your daughter why it’s disgusting to most women in her generation for men to immediately turn to “why did YOU go back? Why didn’t YOU do this?” when a sexual assault occurs? She could teach you a thing or two.
totally agree.

I just dont think you can say Watson committed "sexual assault" when 2 grand juries declined to charge him with sexual assault.

I really have no grasp on criminal law. I know very very little about criminal law. I do know that a grand jury requires very very little evidence to charge a person and that 2 separate grand juries- with 14 different accusers- supposedly the 14 strongest cases- declined to charge.

like i said- something is going on here that we dont have the information.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians just came back from being down 4-1 and then being down 10-7 to win the game.

the Guardians are YOUNGER than most TRIPLE A teams. Their best 5 prospects have not even been in the majors yet.

thats not hyperbole either- the average triple A team's roster is older than the Guardians.

I expected a top 10 pitching staff, and a bottom 10 offense out of this team. The pitching has been good. The hitting- surprisingly- has been pretty good too.

I expected about 84-85 wins. Looks like they might break 90.

only thing is- they have had a TON of rainouts and have played like 5-6 games less than just about every other major league team. I heard they have 29 games in 27 days coming up. Thats brutal on a staff.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians got - for 2 years of Mike Clevinger--- one year which he sat out the entire season with Tommy John:

-Cal Quintrell
-Owen Miller
-Josh Naylor
-Austin Hedges
-Gabriel Arias- who is a top 100 prospect
-Jose Cantillo- a fringe/decent prospect pitcher

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there a better manager in MLB than Terry Francona? I certainly dont think so. What he is doing with this young group is pretty incredible. This was supposed to be a rebuild- playing a ton of kids. I thought there pitching staff would keep them decent- but man.....I did not expect being in first place at the end of June playing all these kids.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to be clear on a few things with Watson:

1. If we could have our 3 firsts back and Baker at QB I would take it in a second.

2. I think Watson has some serious problems and did some things very very wrong. I think he needs psychological help and a lot of people deserve apologies and more.

3. I think he should get suspended.

4. I dont think he should get suspended for the entire year since it would totally be out of whack with every shred of precedent- I dont think you can suspend a guy for being scummy - when 2 different grand juries have said there is not even enough evidence to bring a misdemeanor charge. When there are actual violent actions by other NFL players that have garnered far far less than a season suspension- I dont think a season long suspension can be justified in any way shape or form.

5. If its proven- or if there is evidence that he forced anyone to do anything- a 2 year suspension is warranted and i would not bat an eyelash at it.