• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on getting the woke buzzwords down.

There is also a 3rd camp. Those who want people who have commited crimes to get a fair trial and be punished correctly for their actual wrongdoings and those who are actual victims to be as fairly compensated as possible (understanding that there are some cases where what would be fair compensation is not possible).

In other words..actual justice, not social justice.
Unicorns and Sasquatch. Got it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masturbates in front of women but what he regrets is putting the league in a tough spot says the father of a daughter. Yikes.
Well, since he does not own to masturbating in front of the women that is probably not something he's going to say, Einstein.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to dismiss out of hand anything the defense offers to not be in this r*pe culture you speak of?

FYI, I can even offer some benefit of the doubt...but unlike you if an accusation makes little to no sense I wont buy it.
You mean unlike you I’m not a Browns fan

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since he does not own to masturbating in front of the women that is probably not something he's going to say, Einstein.
Then what good is the expressed regret if it doesn’t even revolve around the people he sexually assaulted?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s more important? You can only pick one:
Watson gets held accountable with a suspension and settlements he has to pay out and five or six liars catch a windfall
- Absent physical evidence and a lack of a conviction, Watson doesn’t have to pay any settlements and the NFL can provide no suspension. That’s the only way to ensure those 5 or 6 liars don’t get a pay day.

Which do you choose? Which is more important?
If those are my only 2 options I go with option 1.

See...answering direct questions is not so spooky.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what good is the expressed regret if it doesn’t even revolve around the people he sexually assaulted?
see if you can wrap your head around the notion he has so far maintained he did not sexually assault anyone and you do not know he lied.

I mean, if he did and he says he did he likely faces a very long suspension. Now, sure, if he did we'd like him to just own he did but this isn't how the real world works.

Not sure why this is so confusing for you....OK, I'm not really all that surprised.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those are my only 2 options I go with option 1.

See...answering direct questions is not so spooky.
And that is exactly what is playing out for a man who contacted 66 different masseuses in the same year and 24 of them have claimed that he sexually assaulted them. It speaks volumes when someone wants to white knight for a dude like this and they get fired up over Watson having to pay 2.4 million in settlements instead of 2.2.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're good at getting out of jury duty.
We haven’t been talking about legal proceedings. We’re talking about civil settlements and NFL suspensions. Your concern is that 4,5,6 liars are going to catch a scratch off of 100 k because they’re liars. That’s where your personal focus is based on what you’ve posted. It is what it is. You can call me names all you like but I’m not even focused on that. It’s what a business would call shrink. It’s negligible loss in the pursuit of something greater. Your focus in this case (whether you wish to recognize it or not) fuels r*pe culture in our country. Most rapists are never held accountable and they r*pe multiple women multiple crimes.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see if you can wrap your head around the notion he has so far maintained he did not sexually assault anyone and you do not know he lied.

I mean, if he did and he says he did he likely faces a very long suspension. Now, sure, if he did we'd like him to just own he did but this isn't how the real world works.

Not sure why this is so confusing for you....OK, I'm not really all that surprised.
It’s not confusing to me at all. I just find it disgusting that a father of a daughter would talk regret in this case and it be focused on regret for what he did to the NFL’s image. It’s just fucked up to me. Maybe it’s not to you. I don’t know. I’m not a Browns fan.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is exactly what is playing out for a man who contacted 66 different masseuses in the same year and 24 of them have claimed that he sexually assaulted them. It speaks volumes when someone wants to white knight for a dude like this and they get fired up over Watson having to pay 2.4 million in settlements instead of 2.2.
It speaks volumes of your reading comprehension if that is what you think I (or anyone) has done. I mean, when you need to lie and/or exaggerate to make your point THAT speaks volumes.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It speaks volumes of your reading comprehension if that is what you think I (or anyone) has done. I mean, when you need to lie and/or exaggerate to make your point THAT speaks volumes.
You’re not white knighting for Watson? You’re not in search of every layer of possible plausible deniability you can find? Are you shittin’ me, Clark?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s more important? You can only pick one:
Watson gets held accountable with a suspension and settlements he has to pay out and five or six liars catch a windfall
- Absent physical evidence and a lack of a conviction, Watson doesn’t have to pay any settlements and the NFL can provide no suspension. That’s the only way to ensure those 5 or 6 liars don’t get a pay day.

Which do you choose? Which is more important?
Not getting a suspension is simply not an option at this point. I know it’s a misdemeanor but at a minimum this guy was soliciting sex regularly. He’s not the only one I’m sure but he got caught. He will be suspended. To me the settlements arent much of a part of this at this point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not confusing to me at all. I just find it disgusting that a father of daughter would talk regret in this case and it be focused on regret for what he did to the NFL’s image. It’s just fucked up to me. Maybe it’s not to you. I don’t know. I’m not a Browns fan.
what I'm talking about is what Watson could reasonably say to the NFL and also stick to his story - whether it's true or not is irrelevant here. He claims it is so he's not going to all of a sudden admit his guilt just to satisfy you.

what's fucked up is you cannot comprehend this....OK, again, maybe it's not as you will always be you. FYI, there are a number of other fans who don't agree with you who are not Browns' fans.

as a father, have you at least advised your daughter if ever in a situation like this whenever possible to leave the situation? In addition, don't go back and put herself in the same situation again?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re not white knighting for Watson? You’re not in search of every layer of possible plausible deniability you can find? Are you shittin’ me, Clark?
i'm not......I'm pointing out stories I find incredibly hard to believe.

I mean, I've said a year suspension could be justified if that's what he gets.

One does not have to be 100% on one side or the other ya know. You could try and think for yourself and use some critical thinking techniques, too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I'm talking about is what Watson could reasonably say to the NFL and also stick to his story - whether it's true or not is irrelevant here. He claims it is so he's not going to all of a sudden admit his guilt just to satisfy you.

what's fucked up is you cannot comprehend this....OK, again, maybe it's not as you will always be you. FYI, there are a number of other fans who don't agree with you who are not Browns' fans.

as a father, have you at least advised your daughter if ever in a situation like this whenever possible to leave the situation? In addition, don't go back and put herself in the same situation again?
I’ve had hours of conversations with my daughter about a multitude of behaviors and if when scenarios. Have you asked your daughter why it’s disgusting to most women in her generation for men to immediately turn to “why did YOU go back? Why didn’t YOU do this?” when a sexual assault occurs? She could teach you a thing or two.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting a suspension is simply not an option at this point. I know it’s a misdemeanor but at a minimum this guy was soliciting sex regularly. He’s not the only one I’m sure but he got caught. He will be suspended. To me the settlements arent much of a part of this at this point.
If you said something like this, @fightinfunbags as I do with thunder, I'd agree 100% with you. But you take it to the extreme.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not......I'm pointing out stories I find incredibly hard to believe.

I mean, I've said a year suspension could be justified if that's what he gets.

One does not have to be 100% on one side or the other ya know. You could try and think for yourself and use some critical thinking techniques, too.
That’s why you’re the homerest of homers. You’ve even been able to convince yourself that your position on this has nothing to do with him being a Brown.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve had hours of conversations with my daughter about a multitude of behaviors and if when scenarios. Have you asked your daughter why it’s disgusting to most women in her generation for men to immediately turn to “why did YOU go back? Why didn’t YOU do this?” when a sexual assault occurs? She could teach you a thing or two.
I did not ask her that as she has no agenda on this matter and is capable of a rational discussion. She also is able to think for herself, has no agenda and wont simply believe everything she is told by others who may support an agenda.

But you do you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven’t been talking about legal proceedings. We’re talking about civil settlements and NFL suspensions. Your concern is that 4,5,6 liars are going to catch a scratch off of 100 k because they’re liars. That’s where your personal focus is based on what you’ve posted. It is what it is. You can call me names all you like but I’m not even focused on that. It’s what a business would call shrink. It’s negligible loss in the pursuit of something greater. Your focus in this case (whether you wish to recognize it or not) fuels r*pe culture in our country. Most rapists are never held accountable and they r*pe multiple women multiple crimes.

And we're also not talking about "shrink" where some business loses money because of theft.

We're talking about actual peoples lives. And if what you got out of my posts is that merely that 4-6 people who lied don't get a payday, I've either given you too much credit, or you are too emotional about it.

I want Watson to have to pay fair compensation to the women he actually did this to. Perhaps if that happened, the women who were actual victims would get more compensation.

Also, you keep throwing out these numbers as if they mean something. You have no idea how many are really victims and how many aren't. Here's something else we don't know. How many of the 24 gave consent and then decided they didn't consent when they saw a possible payday?

And what names did I call you?