• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's bizzaro-land to me. He has to have photographic evidence to DISPROVE, but the accusers don't need any lol.

I mean…

These are smart people leading the investigations.

If none of the women were believable nothing would happen.

There isn’t any evidence to be had outside of testimony from the victims.

And if the public believes Watson is guilty, then it would be a horrible look for he league to just let him suit up week 1 as if nothing happened.

The very small risk of unjustly punishing Watson is worth it to prevent the public backlash they would get.

That is, unless Watson can disprove all the women.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it interesting though? Does it matter if there are 13 legit cases or 17 or 21?

Only if you are interested in the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...since that is supposedly what our justice system is about.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you are interested in the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...since that is supposedly what our justice system is about.
Oh my! That’s pretty naive. The truth rarely comes out and our process doesn’t really seek it when you look at how it’s practiced.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, some of us want to get to the truth and don't want to see people get paid for lying in court.
I’m more concerned about someone with fuck you money getting held accountable for once when they treat human beings like they’re sub human things.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m more concerned about someone with fuck you money getting held accountable for once when they treat human beings like they’re sub human things.

So you're more interested in social justice, no matter who gets hurt to "strike a blow against rich people" than actually getting to the truth and making sure that someone gets punished for things they actually did.

Good to know.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, when it comes to the NFL determining punishment, I don't think the number of cases is what will hurt him the most.

I think it will be the fact that he hired 66 different masseuses, which tends to show that it wasnt about getting a massage...and the fact that at one point he made a comment along the lines of not having any regrets that he had to try to walk back later. That seemed to indicate that he wasnt taking it seriously.
I agree about that last comment...I wonder if behind closed doors he told the NFL of some regrets. The obvious being he put himself and the league in this situation.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they did it so am I. If it's because they may just be shooting their shot because they were in a room alone with that guy.......?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're more interested in social justice, no matter who gets hurt to "strike a blow against rich people" than actually getting to the truth and making sure that someone gets punished for things they actually did.

Good to know.
Yep. That’s me. There are generally two camps. There are those who give victims the benefit of the doubt and there are those of us who with our attitudes fuel r*pe culture.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about that last comment...I wonder if behind closed doors he told the NFL of some regrets. The obvious being he put himself and the league in this situation.

He may have. We'll probably never know...or maybe the length of the suspension will tell us?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they did it so am I. If it's because they may just be shooting their shot because they were in a room alone with that guy.......?
What’s more important? You can only pick one:
Watson gets held accountable with a suspension and settlements he has to pay out and five or six liars catch a windfall
- Absent physical evidence and a lack of a conviction, Watson doesn’t have to pay any settlements and the NFL can provide no suspension. That’s the only way to ensure those 5 or 6 liars don’t get a pay day.

Which do you choose? Which is more important?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masturbates in front of women but what he regrets is putting the league in a tough spot says the father of a daughter. Yikes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That’s me. There are generally two camps. There are those who give victims the benefit of the doubt and there are those of us who with our attitudes fuel r*pe culture.

Congrats on getting the woke buzzwords down.

There is also a 3rd camp. Those who want people who have commited crimes to get a fair trial and be punished correctly for their actual wrongdoings and those who are actual victims to be as fairly compensated as possible (understanding that there are some cases where what would be fair compensation is not possible).

In other words..actual justice, not social justice.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to dismiss out of hand anything the defense offers to not be in this r*pe culture you speak of?

FYI, I can even offer some benefit of the doubt...but unlike you if an accusation makes little to no sense I wont buy it.