• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if Watson even gets back on the field this season. WiggityWack already ran his dick holster about how Watson was going to outplay Mahomes this year. Guessing by now he wishes he woulda kept his flytrap shut...

If he plays a game this season I'd be surprised.

And it would surprise me if his suspension is the same amount of games as out of court settlements he's had.

Seen some things that suggest the league is pushing for an indefinite suspension.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea man.

That's what is so bizarre about the Watson deal. In terms of players this is without precedent in coming to a decision.
I guess to be fair it is the first such case with this format, right? That said, to need another month seems excessive.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting point. I would think that both, in the interest ofbeing fair and also sending a message that this kind of thing won't be tolerated, they definitely should.
didn't do much to Kraft. Barely a slap on the wrist.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it matters what the FO thinks, Baker wouldn't suit up for them. Plus it would just be a distraction. A lot of rumors of deal coming soon so I just don't see it. The bridge is broken imo. I don't think it's punting the season with Brissett, he isn't Baker but still a decent option. Better than Keenum.
who says Baker wouldn't suit of for them? I mean even Baker today said something like that ship has sailed but then added they'd need to reach out to him (for him to return). If the Browns told him to report, what's he going to do....quit?

I agree Brissett better than Keenum and for 4 games or even 6-8 he might be fine. Not so sure about a full season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays a game this season I'd be surprised.

And it would surprise me if his suspension is the same amount of games as out of court settlements he's had.

Seen some things that suggest the league is pushing for an indefinite suspension.
League probably is pushing for an indefinite suspension. Maybe a year then he can apply for reinstatement.

This could be a dog and pony show by them. I mean, if Robinson comes back with 6-8 games (or even less) what is the league going to do? Overturn it and pretty much say the person they agreed to put in charge is obsolete?

They could say something like, "we felt a year or even longer was warranted but we need to trust the opinion of a well respected federal judge both parties put in her position."

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who says Baker wouldn't suit of for them? I mean even Baker today said something like that ship has sailed but then added they'd need to reach out to him (for him to return). If the Browns told him to report, what's he going to do....quit?

I agree Brissett better than Keenum and for 4 games or even 6-8 he might be fine. Not so sure about a full season.
It would help Brissett would be playing with the best offensive talent he has ever had.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it matters what the FO thinks, Baker wouldn't suit up for them. Plus it would just be a distraction. A lot of rumors of deal coming soon so I just don't see it. The bridge is broken imo. I don't think it's punting the season with Brissett, he isn't Baker but still a decent option. Better than Keenum.

Bakers statement seemed to leave the door open a crack. Sounds like if the Browns called and offered a mea culpa, he would at least listen. Despite the acrimony, from a football/winning standpoint, he would be in a better spot than with Carolina or Seattle.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League probably is pushing for an indefinite suspension. Maybe a year then he can apply for reinstatement.

This could be a dog and pony show by them. I mean, if Robinson comes back with 6-8 games (or even less) what is the league going to do? Overturn it and pretty much say the person they agreed to put in charge is obsolete?

They could say something like, "we felt a year or even longer was warranted but we need to trust the opinion of a well respected federal judge both parties put in her position."

I think we, and others, would all agree to just get all of this over with. We're getting closer. Which is good.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bakers statement seemed to leave the door open a crack. Sounds like if the Browns called and offered a mea culpa, he would at least listen. Despite the acrimony, from a football/winning standpoint, he would be in a better spot than with Carolina or Seattle.

I know his feelings are hurt and he feels disrespected. Get him some Kleenex. He's getting paid either way.

Let's just say Watson's gone for the year. Where would BM go that would give him a better chance at winning? There's decent talent in Cleveland right now. He plays well and his stock rises. More teams would have an interest in him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would help Brissett would be playing with the best offensive talent he has ever had.
Some of those offenses in Indy were at worse solid...I mean they won with Rivers and Luck. Just not with Brissett.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t want to get political but Cassidy Hutchinson is cute.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know his feelings are hurt and he feels disrespected. Get him some Kleenex. He's getting paid either way.

There isn't one. The only 2 teams that are even mentioned anymore as far as landing spots are Carolina and the Seahawks. Neither of those teams are going anywhere.

Carolina isn't as good as any of the teams that Baker has had in Cleveland and Cleveland has a better coach too. They're trying to figure out what to with Darnold, who has shown flashes of being good, but seems to regress as the season goes along. Some of Darnolds issue is that his best weapons can't seem to stay healthy. So Baker would have the same struggles.

The Seahawks have a couple of good receivers for him to throw to, but the o-line is a disaster. Baker doesn't have Wilson's scrambling ability, so he'd end up getting killed.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those offenses in Indy were at worse solid...I mean they won with Rivers and Luck. Just not with Brissett.
The year he was there ...Hilton was hurt and the running game wasn't very good.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't one. The only 2 teams that are even mentioned anymore as far as landing spots are Carolina and the Seahawks. Neither of those teams are going anywhere.

Carolina isn't as good as any of the teams that Baker has had in Cleveland and Cleveland has a better coach too. They're trying to figure out what to with Darnold, who has shown flashes of being good, but seems to regress as the season goes along. Some of Darnolds issue is that his best weapons can't seem to stay healthy. So Baker would have the same struggles.

The Seahawks have a couple of good receivers for him to throw to, but the o-line is a disaster. Baker doesn't have Wilson's scrambling ability, so he'd end up getting killed.
He isn't RW as far as running for yardage but he can buy time with his feet for a receiver to get open.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't RW as far as running for yardage but he can buy time with his feet for a receiver to get open.

Not with Seattles o-line he can't. RW damn near got killed.
I don't think you appreciate how bad it is. lol