• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad decisions trying too hard to make shit happen. simple as that...

still, he'll be ok in the long run...
Disagree...leads the league in INTs. Big contract about to kick in making it even harder to add talent.

Get out while ya can.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly possible.

Pete wasn't even on the radar until he happened to be on campus visiting his daughter. If memory serves, she was on the volleyball team or something and he was there for a match. Mike Garrett was getting desperate and offered him the job.

The last 2 athletic directors were idiots. Pat Haden was dead set on re-creating the Pete Carroll era and hired a couple of guys from that era while ignoring their obvious issues. Ironically, Kiffin would be a great hire now. Jury is still out on Sark. Neither was ready at the time. But Haden hired them anyway.

Lynn Swann had no desire to actually work, he just liked being able to say that he was the USC AD. Just about everyone I know believes that the only reason he hired Helton was because he didn't want to do the work of a real coaching search.

None of the last 3 had any experience as an AD, but the President at the time wanted "SC guys". Now we have a President and AD that have no previous USC ties and the AD actually has experience as an AD and hired the coach that has Cincy unbeaten and sitting at #2 in the rankings.

In other words, we finally have an AD who knows how to be an AD. lol
yeah, it's pretty evident that past ties to USC can no longer be considered a thing anymore, especially considering SC's bottom line...

Money GIF

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it's pretty evident that past ties to USC can no longer be considered a thing anymore, especially considering SC's bottom line...

Money GIF

Yeah, I wouldn't mind mind if they had 2 candidates that they considered equal and 1 has USC ties and the other doesn't...going with the USC guy. But it should not be the overriding consideration. Like rings in the GOAT debate...it should be a tiebreaker, nothing more.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingsbury is bucking the trend of CFB coaches failing in the NFL....

Hey I hope he's successful. But looking at his so far short NFL coaching career before this season his record was only 13-18-1.

You can't argue with his success with the Cardinals, especially this season. He's doing a hell of a job.

What success has he had in the NFL before this season? And I'm not trying to discredit him, he's done a great job with the Cards. But I can't crown him the next good/great NFL coach just yet.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I hope he's successful. But looking at his so far short NFL coaching career before this season his record was only 13-18-1.

What success has he had in the NFL before this season? And I'm not trying to discredit him, he's done a great job with the Cards. But I can't crown him the next good/great NFL coach just yet.
He has rebuilt that team into the type of team he wants. They started out 5-10-1 in his 1st season, went 8-8 in his 2nd season and are 7-0 in his 3rd.

That's called getting better each and every season and better than what most college coaches do in the pros.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't argue with his success with the Cardinals, especially this season. He's doing a hell of a job.

Oh, I definitely don't. My post I could see caused confusion there. I mentioned that it caught a lot of people by surprise because he had little success at TT. And here he goes into a league where there's parity, whereas in college, there isn't. But, Kingsbury was never really in a position where he out-talented a lot of teams....so maybe it shouldn't be that surprising.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do. But I think players should get stuff like that back. Most I'd ask for is season tickets, but more likely just tickets to a few certain games I'd like to see with a pass for unlimited concessions. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has rebuilt that team into the type of team he wants. They started out 5-10-1 in his 1st season, went 8-8 in his 2nd season and are 7-0 in his 3rd.

That's called getting better each and every season and better than what most college coaches do in the pros.

And I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said. The Cards got alotta weapons and are fun to watch. There's no reason that Kingsbury isn't successful for many years.

Quick topic change just for a second. Carr was in a zone yesterday. Think I saw on redzone at one point he was something like 22-23. Damn. Oh yeah. No I don't wanna bet for for the game on 12/19. I'm a jinx picking games. Maybe I'll bet the Raiders. :heh:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. But I think players should get stuff like that back. Most I'd ask for is season tickets, but more likely just tickets to a few certain games I'd like to see with a pass for unlimited concessions. lol
Good idea. I would ask for season tickets 22-23.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The scary thing for OU fans is that in terms of being a coach he is no more than a pimple on Lincoln Riley’s ass. But he is showing if you have a QB and a system you can be successful.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said. The Cards got alotta weapons and are fun to watch. There's no reason that Kingsbury isn't successful for many years.

Quick topic change just for a second. Carr was in a zone yesterday. Think I saw on redzone at one point he was something like 22-23. Damn. Oh yeah. No I don't wanna bet for for the game on 12/19. I'm a jinx picking games. Maybe I'll bet the Raiders. :heh:
Not to take anything away from Carr but this Eagles defense is historically awful. Check this tweet