• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, once again...gotta give credit where it's due...

Yamamoto was dealing, Roberts pulls him and I'm thinking "Here we go again. This is gonna bite them in the ass again".

But the bullpen did another great job.
Not a blame the coach/manager guy but had Tribe lost yesterday Vogt would have received plenty of criticism and would have been deserving.

Managers definitely can overthink things sometimes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna get the bad out of the way first........

First, hell of a game last night between OSU and Oregon for a neutral fan, I'd imagine. Incredibly disappointing last few plays for OSU to blow even a chance at a GW FG. Thought the flag on Smith was really iffy. Almost just seemed like it happened because he was stronger when the defender tried to block him.

But still had a chance to get into FG range and blew it. Realize many are going to be calling out Day and holding him responsible as that is what blame the coach guy does. He deserves some blame, sure, but he didnt get beat on 2-3 long pass plays like the AA CB did. He also didn't run on the final play to run out the clock. Too bad as Howard for the most part played a really good game.

Lost on road to a top 3-5 team by less than a FG. sucks but season goal still there for us.

Tribe now.....hell yeah!!!! admittedly after we fell behind in games 4 and 5 I had little hope (especially in 5 with Skubal looking like he could go 12 innings if needed. But showed heart/grit and came through....props to Detroit and fans even though I realize it was disappointing.

QB slides about 2-3 yards sooner...tOSU gets the timeout in time. But he was trying to make it easier on the kicker. Hard to blame him for that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a blame the coach/manager guy but had Tribe lost yesterday Vogt would have received plenty of criticism and would have been deserving.

Took out Boyd too early. He was dealing through 2. Could have probably got 4 out of him

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB slides about 2-3 yards sooner...tOSU gets the timeout in time. But he was trying to make it easier on the kicker. Hard to blame him for that.
I guess....but needs to have a better feel on that one for the time. Had Innis open on the right I think for an 8-10 yard gain.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took out Boyd too early. He was dealing through 2. Could have probably got 4 out of him
I thought so, too.....now if he leaves him in and he gives up runs, sure, blame the manager guy blames him. But the reasonable fans wouldn't.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm definitely not blame the coach guy. But there's a history of Roberts overthinking the pitching and having it bite them in the ass. It's tough with him because, on the one hand...how do you fire a guy who has won his division 11 out of 12 years, is always around 100 wins, has won a World Series and was legit cheated out of a 2nd?

On the other hand, there's been a lot of underachievement by a team whose salary is always at or near the top of the league and much of it, imo, is around how Roberts handles his pitchers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm definitely not blame the coach guy. But there's a history of Roberts overthinking the pitching and having it bite them in the ass. It's tough with him because, on the one hand...how do you fire a guy who has won his division 11 out of 12 years, is always around 100 wins, has won a World Series and was legit cheated out of a 2nd?

On the other hand, there's been a lot of underachievement by a team whose salary is always at or near the top of the league and much of it, imo, is around how Roberts handles his pitchers.
I felt the same about his moves last night with pitchers.....granted he has a lot more info than I have looked at to make his decisions.

Hell, I would not have let Fry PH in game 4 so what the hell do I know?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess....but needs to have a better feel on that one for the time. Had Innis open on the right I think for an 8-10 yard gain.
Ohio St made too many mistakes. I will say two ridiculously lucky plays you rarely ever see happened in that game which benefitting Oregon 14 points essentially. Denzel Burke was a problem. At times the secondary looked confused out there but mainly Burke. That is disappointing. In the end, they lost by one point and I felt like a lot of things went wrong. They will improve. It’s a long season

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St made two many mistakes. I will say two ridiculously lucky plays you rarely ever see happened in that game which benefitting Oregon 14 points essentially. Denzel Burke was a problem. At times the secondary looked confused out there but mainly Burke. That is disappointing. In the end, they lost by one point and I felt like a lot of things went wrong. They will improve. It’s a long season
Yeah...always disappointing to lose a game e could have won. But goals are still in front of us and win out we'll probably get a rematch on a neutral site.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to him, but the Tribe started playing this way in the 2016 playoffs. Not sure it's anything he came up with and will only be used if necessary like it has been in past. Preferably, a team has 3 really good starters at least in these series.

For a playoff sure its been done. He was doing it for the last 60 games of the regular season. That was the point

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a playoff sure its been done. He was doing it for the last 60 games of the regular season. That was the point
I get it.....but also because he had no starters.

Either way props for whatever he did that turned the season around.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it.....but also because he had no starters.

Either way props for whatever he did that turned the season around.
It’s extremely difficult to play that way as long as Detroit played it. Then you start getting into 5 games series, it’s doable. Extremely difficult in a short 7 games series. 4 games in 5 days. A teams’ BP just can’t do it for so long and constantly. We saw the DBacks do it a lot last year. We saw CLE do it when they were one game away from winning it all. The Bauer injury killed them and they wore down at end of that series.
Possible but extremely difficult. I think even if Detroit wins that it is extremely unlikely they survive NY. It’s not like CLE’s odds are much better but if Boyd and Cobb can give them something it will help.

Detroit was essentially throwing out Skubal and then LRP’s and BP. Kudos to them. We’ve seen it done before but I don’t remember I witnessed anything to that extent for that period of time. Crazy