• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is they can call it when they want. The Browns got called for holding on their final drive 3 straight plays. Started at the 20 and backed up to the 50. Would KC ever have this happen to them? No way in hell. This is the league and it will never change. This is why it is easiest the sport to rig by a long mile. They can make a call without any repercussion even if it was somewhat close. They don’t have to explain a missed hold, they can make a hold at any time bc it happens almost every play.

lol

So, the refs in both the NFL and NBA all cheat for certain teams.

How about college and MLB?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So, the refs in both the NFL and NBA all cheat for certain teams.

How about college and MLB?

If you don’t think Duke unc and mich st all don’t get preferential treatment…idk what to tell you

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don’t think Duke unc and mich st all don’t get preferential treatment…idk what to tell you

lol

So, now we have them cheating for certain teams in college basketball too.

Who they cheating for in college football and MLB?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So, now we have them cheating for certain teams in college basketball too.

Who they cheating for in college football and MLB?

Baseball it’s much harder since most missed calls are ball strike and the player still needs To hit

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball it’s much harder since most missed calls are ball strike and the player still needs To hit

So, not so much in baseball, but in every other sport then.

And how do they determine who they are going to cheat for? Do the leagues hold a meeting with the refs before the season? Send out a memo?

I mean, I know there are certain teams that everyone says they cheat for like the Lakers, Cowboys, etc. But the Lakers haven't been to the finals since 2020 and before that, missed the playoffs a couple of times (even with Lebron on the team)...the Cowboys haven't won since the '90's.

The Chiefs weren't a good team for decades, but now the refs apparently cheat for them. Is it just their turn? Did they win some kind of secret lottery?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, not so much in baseball, but in every other sport then.

And how do they determine who they are going to cheat for? Do the leagues hold a meeting with the refs before the season? Send out a memo?

I mean, I know there are certain teams that everyone says they cheat for like the Lakers, Cowboys, etc. But the Lakers haven't been to the finals since 2020 and before that, missed the playoffs a couple of times (even with Lebron on the team)...the Cowboys haven't won since the '90's.

The Chiefs weren't a good team for decades, but now the refs apparently cheat for them. Is it just their turn? Did they win some kind of secret lottery?

I do think to some extent it’s just human weakness and being pathetic

They favor top players because they’re top players

But we’ve also heard them say they try to avoid calling too many fouls on stars, I forget but it was years ago. Probably a decade or so?

In college those coaches who claim they are just playing tough d when what their teams do would land them in jail in the street

Some people are too weak to just call the game like it is

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,749.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's 2 games in a row he struggles and can't move tonight....i don't think he's think healthy from last season's injury.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he keeps playing the way he has the first 2 weeks of the season we will.
I wouldn't bet on it. He's not the Vikes guy beyond this year, so he'll have to establish himself on yet another QB needy team. Doubt it's as good of a situation as the Vikes are currently. Well, maybe the Dolphins if Tua is forced to hang 'em up?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33 bailed them out. The Chiefs didn’t make a play. They just chucked a ball up and 33 came through Rice. The Chiefs are lucky Rice is even on the field considering what he did this off season. So there’s that too haha. Just limitless horseshoes up Andy Reid’s fat ass.

That damn penalty cost me the game in my 16 team league. We use the coaching position and that game losing play cost me 10 pts and earned my opponent 10 pts, a 20 pt swing. I didn't have high hopes for the Bengals, but dammit they almost pulled it off.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the hold that got Mahomes out of the pocket to extend?

Rookie LT was holding every time he was in the picture on the broadcast, usually with an arm around Hendrickson's neck. He got called a few times, but it was overlooked a hell of a lot too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holding occurs on every play

Which is why I hate it

If you admit that, as a league, it means it’s a total failure of the rule or the enforcement and the flags are at best arbitrary or at worst intentional

Linemen should have to wear paddle mittens/gloves that prohibit them from grasping uniforms. The center can have one hand free, nobody else lol. Maybe that finally limits the holding, but they would just find some other way lol...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linemen should have to wear paddle mittens/gloves that prohibit them from grasping uniforms. The center can have one hand free, nobody else lol. Maybe that finally limits the holding, but they would just find some other way lol...

I like this

Or just no open handed contact with defenders

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens next 3
At Dallas
Home vs Buffalo
At Cincy

Got to win 2 of 3. Shit gets real in this league fast when you start 0-2

Don't remind me lol. Rams struggled hard this week as the injuries continue to pile up. I think they had the entire starting OL out yesterday already, and now the top two WR. Good thing it's only the Niners coming up in week 3......yikes.