• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have some really weird moves. It’s like you think you’re a 19th century gunslinger and it’s your job to root out evil or some weird cosplay shit.

Nick Cage doesn’t know who you are and doesn’t give a shit what you do. Society doesn’t give a fuck what you watch or don’t watch let alone why you decide to watch or not watch.
You think I care? Me and mine do what we do and we respect respectful things.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're repulsed by him because he mishandled his own money?
Oh yeah, lots of people like me and you didn’t get paid because he thought he was God. I have no respect for that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, lots of people like me and you didn’t get paid because he thought he was God. I have no respect for that.

Uh, okay?

I mean, I wouldn't seek him out for financial advice...but repulsed?

How he handles his money wouldn't seem to have anything to do with whether or not his movies are worth watching.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think I care? Me and mine do what we do and we respect respectful things.
It’s not your money. Why do you care what Nick Cage does with his money. “Me and mine”? Do you dictate to others in your house and your family what they’re allowed to watch?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, okay?

I mean, I wouldn't seek him out for financial advice...but repulsed?

How he handles his money wouldn't seem to have anything to do with whether or not his movies are worth watching.
enjoy watching, it’s a message board. I’m saying why I don’t see him in the same light. You are worth $300 M I don’t expect to see where you screwed a lot of people out of money because you thought you could live like a billionaire.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not your money. Why do you care what Nick Cage does with his money. “Me and mine”? Do you dictate to others in your house and your family what they’re allowed to watch?
There you go again, I’m not fighting with you. You will find that if you do it right it’s pretty likely your kids will follow your lead. You are acting like I have a Cage hate club going lol. I just don’t respect the guy and people I don’t respect generally don’t get my time. Guess I’ll follow my own advice, later.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
enjoy watching, it’s a message board. I’m saying why I don’t see him in the same light. You are worth $300 M I don’t expect to see where you screwed a lot of people out of money because you thought you could live like a billionaire.

I guess I just don't let shit that famous people do/believe determine my entertainment.

I assume that any celebrity/athlete that I like watching has some belief or something they've done that I wouldn't like or agree with and vice versa and don't let it stop me from enjoying their work/talent.

If I did, I'd have to stop watching the Lakers just over stuff Lebron has tweeted.

In situations like a bankruptcy, I don't know the circumstances. Maybe he screwed a bunch of people, maybe he got screwed by a bad agent? Whatever it was, I don't really care. That's between him, his creditors and the legal system.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just don't let shit that famous people do/believe determine my entertainment.

I assume that any celebrity/athlete that I like watching has some belief or something they've done that I wouldn't like or agree with and vice versa and don't let it stop me from enjoying their work/talent.

If I did, I'd have to stop watching the Lakers just over stuff Lebron has tweeted.

In situations like a bankruptcy, I don't know the circumstances. Maybe he screwed a bunch of people, maybe he got screwed by a bad agent? Whatever it was, I don't really care. That's between him, his creditors and the legal system.
Things are what they are, I was really just saying I personally don’t enjoy watching him knowing what he did to people. I hear you on the athletes thing, and even during the absolute crap going on a few years ago I refused to let idiots rob me of something I enjoy. In sports though you get to root against people you don’t like and ideally there are those worth rooting for as well.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More info, Cage says he paid all of his debts so I commend him for that. Hopefully he will be smarter going forward. I hope he does John Madden justice in the role.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are what they are, I was really just saying I personally don’t enjoy watching him knowing what he did to people. I hear you on the athletes thing, and even during the absolute crap going on a few years ago I refused to let idiots rob me of something I enjoy. In sports though you get to root against people you don’t like and ideally there are those worth rooting for as well.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the 24/7 news cycle. I would have no problem with going back to the days of not knowing much about athletes/celebrities beyond what they do on the court. field, screen, etc.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the 24/7 news cycle. I would have no problem with going back to the days of not knowing much about athletes/celebrities beyond what they do on the court. field, screen, etc.
Remember the stories about how Mickey mantle messed with the media because he knew they couldn’t rat him out? lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More info, Cage says he paid all of his debts so I commend him for that. Hopefully he will be smarter going forward. I hope he does John Madden justice in the role.

For several years it has seemed like he's taken every role that anyone has offered him no matter how good or bad it was. Maybe that's why?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m likely not watching someone I am repulsed by, human nature.
You are “repulsed” by a dude who spent all his money? That’s not the nature of most humans. What other actors repulse you?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are “repulsed” by a dude who spent all his money? That’s not the nature of most humans. What other actors repulse you?
When I said that I thought he had not paid a bunch of people. Anyone that was worth that much money then pissed it all away and cost good people what they were owed would definitely qualify as repulsive to me, but I learned on my own it appears he paid everyone. I think you know the answer to your further question but I’ll play along.

I’m a big personal responsibility guy. I haven’t had anything given to me in my life. There are people that have to file bankruptcy through no fault of their own, medical issues, etc. I guess for those reasons it pisses me off to see people piss things away. I’m going to watch this movie in honor of John Madden though, hopefully Cage can do him justice.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I said that I thought he had not paid a bunch of people. Anyone that was worth that much money then pissed it all away and cost good people what they were owed would definitely qualify as repulsive to me, but I learned on my own it appears he paid everyone. I think you know the answer to your further question but I’ll play along.
I don't know the details but most bankruptcies aren't stiffing vendors. It's having so much debt you can't cover it. The debt paid the vendors, you are stiffing the banks. They factor it into their models.
I’m a big personal responsibility guy. I haven’t had anything given to me in my life. There are people that have to file bankruptcy through no fault of their own, medical issues, etc. I guess for those reasons it pisses me off to see people piss things away. I’m going to watch this movie in honor of John Madden though, hopefully Cage can do him justice.
So you'll watch him in that movie, are you no longer repulsed by him now that you looked closer into it? Will you enjoy his other movies?

And which other actors personal behavior prevents you from enjoying their movies?

You're not the only one that feels that way about some actors. Woody Allen comes to mind, I know many people who can't stand his stuff anymore. Mel Gibson is another for some people. Anyone else besides Cage for you?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the details but most bankruptcies aren't stiffing vendors. It's having so much debt you can't cover it. The debt paid the vendors, you are stiffing the banks. They factor it into their models.

So you'll watch him in that movie, are you no longer repulsed by him now that you looked closer into it? Will you enjoy his other movies?

And which other actors personal behavior prevents you from enjoying their movies?

You're not the only one that feels that way about some actors. Woody Allen comes to mind, I know many people who can't stand his stuff anymore. Mel Gibson is another for some people. Anyone else besides Cage for you?
I’m sure there should be lol but I can’t think of any at the moment. Not so much an actor but I can’t stand trying to watch Reba McIntire lol. She’s a good person from Oklahoma but for whatever reason everything she says seems like it’s steeped in drama to me. I literally have to change the channel. Man, football can’t start fast enough lol.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 18,691.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but they should’ve gone with tannehill

He had his best year ever under their oc
I thought Minnesota might be interested but Tanny is just going to wait for a starting QB to get hurt. Kind of like Flacco last season but it may not take as long for Tanny since I think Flacco was basically contemplating retirement.