• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohtani just about hit one out of Dodger Stadium.
I love that dude, a must see talent, got to see him live a few weeks ago, happy to say he had a crap day at the plate (against the Giants), struck out twice, but was 'don't go to get food Barry Bonds is up' level...

And man first AB that dude almost beat out a routine, regular speed grounder to short...he's huge and fast. And we're not even seeing him pitch again yet.

Low key one of greatest players I've ever seen (not body of work just electric peak stretches of must watch), I'm certainly putting him along with Bonds and Lincecum and Ichiro and Judge and Frank Thomas and others, and he may be the best of all if he keeps at it like this a few more years

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m very spoiled. I will never have to go to a subway or a Jimmy John’s or any of those other shit hole “sandwich shops”. If you live in South East PA NY NJ you’re guaranteed to have a local sandwich shop with the best rolls and ingredients you can find. Y’all are flipping out over shrink wrapped bull shit shipped over 3 days half way across the country. We are very lucky.

That's even the case in Western NY. All those chains have come to this area over the past decade and they're quickly folding (even Subway has been closing locations). DiBellas is a bit of a regional chain, but they're my go-to in the area. They hooked me with their thick cut bacon, but that has faded a bit in recent years. They sold/licensed their bread recipe to Wegmans, so I can get a sub there in a pinch (but it's just not the same).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to eat but have never had a meatball sub.
tenor.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of true but a little more context. sure, his first year back he was pretty bad, which I don't think was unexpected. Last year, however? Outplayed Burrow in a downpour in a win. Played well to really well his last 3 games. All wins. Did have an incredibly bad game against the Steelers, though, where he was main reason we lost.

all that said, I can see someone wanting to see more for a longer stretch before putting him back in a top 10 ranking.

I understand the need to blur your vision a bit to see the best in Watson, but he hasn't been close to his Texas years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising. The Raiders over the Rams had all the vibes back then. People don’t just bail on their teams. Additionally, most people inherit their teams from family and friends. In So Cal, unless you’re a transplant, the Raiders were the squad.

Of a certain age. There are plenty of older school Rams fans, but they may be aging out a bit.

Raiders just can't quit LA. They should've just stayed and forced the Chargers to walk (or stay in San Diego).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of a certain age. There are plenty of older school Rams fans, but they may be aging out a bit.

Raiders just can't quit LA. They should've just stayed and forced the Chargers to walk (or stay in San Diego).

Yeah, Raiders vs Rams was never really a thing.

But Raiders vs Chargers has been forever.

Raiders fans used to make road games vs. the Chargers look like Raiders home games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the need to blur your vision a bit to see the best in Watson, but he hasn't been close to his Texas years.
I mean he played well to really well his last few games which were all wins, but sure. did he have a 400 yard game in a futile comeback attempt, though, like Houston days? No...because wins.

also not sure how blurred as has continued to say needs to show he can be healthy and play for longer stretches.

Last edited: