• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 2 weeks only 6 teams are 2-0.

Raiders
Broncos
Rams
49ers
Bucs
Panthers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns D looked shaky yesterday.

Mayfield though looked great.

most encouraging thing so far this year has been Mayfield's completion %.

2018: 63.8%
2019: 59.4%
2020: 62.8%
2021: 81.5%

this was the next step he had to take. While I certainly dont expect him to keep up 80% +, If he can stay between 70-75% that would be a big improvement for him.

He was 19/21 yesterday. One of the incompletions was the interception where Schwartz just gave up on the play totally and received a very rare earful from Stefanski on the sidelines.

Landry was out on the 2nd play yesterday. With no Landry and Beckham I thought Baker did a very nice job.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that too.

I think it is the “just a game manager” part.

The best ones can manage the game, but they bring more to the table on top.

Baker isn’t in that category. At least not so far.

Yeah, like I said earlier, every QB is a game manager on some level. The most basic part of the job is managing the game by not doing things that hurt the team. Ideally, if the whole team is playing well, even the elite QBs will only need to be game managers.

The difference basically comes down to what they can do when they are needed to make plays because things are not going well.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 @Shanemansj13

how about that catch and run by Felton? Guys- they just might have something there. I mean- my jaw dropped. His first touch is that?!?! that spin move was sick. 35 yard TD!
All I know is they need to get him more touches, especially with OBJ and Landry out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 2 weeks only 6 teams are 2-0.

Raiders
Broncos
Rams
49ers
Bucs
Panthers
I thought the Panthers would be pretty decent and not a pushover this year. They seem well coached, tough, have McCaffrey back. Darnold seems decent- obviously playing for the Jets is not good for your career. They could surprise this year. That division could be better than we thought depending on the Saints, and how the Panthers go. Even the Falcons have an offense.

Surprised about the Raiders given their schedule thus far- they have impressed. Raiders schedule is really set up for a good start too. They should beat the Dolphins next week if what we have seen from both teams thus far is true (if they dont we know the RAidedrs arent for real). Then a tough game against the Chargers, winnable game against the Bears, and then Bronocos, Eagles, Giants. If after 8 games they are 6-2- we know they are real. If they are less- and go into KC at 5-3 - and come out 5-4- i dont like their long term chances. IF they are real they gotta win at least 2- if not all the games against the Bears, Broncos, Giants, and take at least 1, preferably 2 from the Dolphins, Chargers, Eagles.

Broncos have played the Giants and Jaguars- 2 of the worst 5 teams in football. Next 6 are the Ravens, Steelers, Raiders, Browns, Washington, Dallas---- if they go 2-4 in that stretch they should be very happy. They are frauds.

Rams are very good of course. Bucs, Cardinals, Seahawks next 3 games.

Bucs are great. Should get to at least 12 wins I would say. Maybe as many as 14-15 if the team stays healthy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like I said earlier, every QB is a game manager on some level. The most basic art of the job is managing the game by not doing things that hurt the team. Ideally, if the whole team is playing well, even the elite QBs will only need to be game managers.

The difference basically comes down to what they can do when they are needed to make plays because things are not going well.
Jaxson Darts is the greatest name for a QB since Colt McCoy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is they need to get him more touches, especially with OBJ and Landry out.
I hope OBJ is back next week if, like it sounds, Landry will be out.

Schwartz has talent but he just does not look like a pro yet. He had some great playsi n teh Chiefs game just based on his INSANE speed, but he still needs to learn how to play the game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns D looked shaky yesterday.

Mayfield though looked great.

most encouraging thing so far this year has been Mayfield's completion %.

2018: 63.8%
2019: 59.4%
2020: 62.8%
2021: 81.5%

this was the next step he had to take. While I certainly dont expect him to keep up 80% +, If he can stay between 70-75% that would be a big improvement for him.

He was 19/21 yesterday. One of the incompletions was the interception where Schwartz just gave up on the play totally and received a very rare earful from Stefanski on the sidelines.

Landry was out on the 2nd play yesterday. With no Landry and Beckham I thought Baker did a very nice job.
I'm pretty sure both of Baker's picks are Swartz's fault. He stopped on both of his routes.

Yep, the defense looks out of position and the gameplan looks stupid. Why were they played 10 yards off WR's and 5 yards off WR's at the 2 yard line. Woods still needs to prove a lot imo. Still early in the season but still a lot of question marks imo

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about those Trojans?
holy shit.

I mean, my Buckeyes have been less than stellar- and have been PUTRID defensively, but the USC program is a disaster right now. For a program that has the resources to be a perennial top 10-15 team, to be such a clusterfuck is due to some very poor management at the top. So little stability and intelligence.

They need to bring in someone with authority and credibility to rebuild. Its a great job. It really is- but its a cluster right now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure both of Baker's picks are Swartz's fault. He stopped on both of his routes.

Yep, the defense looks out of position and the gameplan looks stupid. Why were they played 10 yards off WR's and 5 yards off WR's at the 2 yard line. Woods still needs to prove a lot imo. Still early in the season but still a lot of question marks imo
that 2 yard TD to Cooks bothered me. Like guys- hello- we are on the 2 yard line- where are we playing 5 yards off?

At least Delpit flashed some ability. He looks so much bigger than I expected. He honestly looks like a linebacker out there. He smashed Mills.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Panthers would be pretty decent and not a pushover this year. They seem well coached, tough, have McCaffrey back. Darnold seems decent- obviously playing for the Jets is not good for your career.

Amazing what having an adult who knows what he's doing can do to help a young QB. Darnold just had to change teams to get one, while the Browns were smart enough to bring one in.

Surprised about the Raiders given their schedule thus far- they have impressed. Raiders schedule is really set up for a good start too.

Seems like, under Gruden, they do well in the first half of the season and fade in the 2nd half of the season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yesterday's definitely was...it looked like if he kept running that ball would have been , if not easy for him to catch, not an insanely difficult catch.

he just stopped for some reason. It was infuriating.

you could tell Baker was pissed.

Jason Lloyd wrote an article on TheAthletic last night and said that- after Baker completed the pass to DPJ and he fumbled, and after he threw that pass to Schwartz and he gave up on it- he didnt throw another pass to either guy the whole game.

DPJ and Schwartz both need to grow up quick if Landry AND Beckham are going to be out for the next couple weeks- which is a real possibility. Thank goodness we have 3 good tight ends- and Mr. Dependable- Rashard Higgins- who is always low on the depth chart, but somehow always ends up playing, and always catches the ball when its thrown his way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing what having an adult who knows what he's doing can do to help a young QB. Darnold just had to change teams to get one, while the Browns were smart enough to bring one in.

Seems like, under Gruden, they do well in the first half of the season and fade in the 2nd half of the season.
thats what the hosts said on the radio this morning--- wait until November and December- its inevitable Gruden fucks it up. We shall see.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit.

I mean, my Buckeyes have been less than stellar- and have been PUTRID defensively, but the USC program is a disaster right now. For a program that has the resources to be a perennial top 10-15 team, to be such a clusterfuck is due to some very poor management at the top. So little stability and intelligence.

They need to bring in someone with authority and credibility to rebuild. Its a great job. It really is- but its a cluster right now

They looked good vs. San Jose St., but all of the same issues they've had under Helton showed up with a vengeance against Stanford. With Helton gone and Williams as interim, it was a completely different energy vs. Wazzou.

Except for 1 really bad year, Helton did a pretty good job keeping the talent level up. So the right coach can literally turn the program around in a year, 2 max. Unlike tOSU, who seems to get the coach right every time, USC seems to get it right about every 3rd or 4th coach. So they're due to make the right hire this time. lol