• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ- you are by far the cheesiest person I have ever encountered. Instead of blood you must have cheddar running through your veins.

I bet you loved Mike and Mike.
Maybe this is news to you....but women love cheesey guys.....never had an issue getting women and now for the 2nd time......married.

So keep yapping....I'm good over here, youngster.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team I cheer for played a football game that mattered!! World is right again.

as for the result, @Shanemansj13 @Stakesarehigh @WiggyRuss ? I actually expected a bit of a struggle and 2-3 TD win. Did not expect to be losing at half and Stroud looking as bad as he did at that point.

Hit a number of wide open players, but those were plays he was missing in first half so props to the kid for getting his act together. The D? This could be an issue like it's often been without Hafley. The DBs seem like they give way too much room on short passes and on deeper passes always play the man and not the ball. Guess to be fair were missing top 2 CBs and Minnesota, while certainly not elite, is a solid team and was at home.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot wait for the Browns season to start-

even if the first game is at KC and will be very tough and a likely loss.

If the Browns get to 12 wins ill so happy. Its possible- I am picking them for 11- but if they get to that or more- itll be awesome.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team I cheer for played a football game that mattered!! World is right again.

as for the result, @Shanemansj13 @Stakesarehigh @WiggyRuss ? I actually expected a bit of a struggle and 2-3 TD win. Did not expect to be losing at half and Stroud looking as bad as he did at that point.

Hit a number of wide open players, but those were plays he was missing in first half so props to the kid for getting his act together. The D? This could be an issue like it's often been without Hafley. The DBs seem like they give way too much room on short passes and on deeper passes always play the man and not the ball. Guess to be fair were missing top 2 CBs and Minnesota, while certainly not elite, is a solid team and was at home.
Buckeyes always have so much turnover.

Good for them starting with a Big Ten game on the road and then Oregon. A couple tough games right off the bat.

The talent is there. They will need some time to get going.

At the end of the day, if they come out of the first 2 weeks 2-0 I am not worried about the style points.

We already saw Wisconsin lose. Clemson looked like dog shit on offense. Miami looked overwhelmed (not surprisingly) against Alabama. #10 UNC lost to Va. Tech. Oklahoma was pushed by Tulane.

Just get the W's this early in the season. The rest will sort itself out over time.

How about Cincy at #8 already?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TheAthletic recently ranked the NFL teams--- a survey of NFL talent evaluators and said this about the Browns:

4. Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4-5-8-9-4 | Avg: 6.0 | Median: 5

No voters placed the Browns among the AFC’s top three. Two placed them outside the top seven.

“I feel like the AFC is much better than the NFC and more likely to be muddied up,” said the voter who had the Browns eighth. “I don’t think teams will take them as lightly this year.”

The Browns finished 11-5 last season and seem to have gotten better from a personnel standpoint, although their bets on defensive front-seven pieces Jadeveon Clowney and Takk McKinley are speculative.

“If you look across the board, they have a loaded roster,” another voter said. “If Baker (Mayfield) can put it together, then great. If he is better than we think and he turns out to be a top-10 quarterback, then they are going to be playing Kansas City in the championship game.”

The Browns could be candidates for regression after going 4-0 last season in games decided by three or fewer points (the Chiefs were 5-0 in those games, but their credentials are also more established).

“I don’t go all-in when I see first-year success for a quarterback or head coach,” one voter said. “There can be a shock value where it is the unexpected. That is how I see the Browns.”

This is why I would be happy with 11 wins. Browns still have a long way to go to establish themselves as a team that gets respect week in and week out. They have talent- but this is the first year in a long time where teams will take them seriously every single week. The front seven on defense is a little precarious as well. They are definitely relying on Clowney and Takk McKinley- 2 guys that were pretty worthless last year.

11 wins in the regular season would be great if you ask me. Especially in the AFC which is so much deeper and talented than the NFC.