• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody should want to tank.

Play To Win New York Jets GIF
A middling team is the worst place to be in this league

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and instead of the player, be mad at your own team if they're not doing everything they can to win.

And yeah, last years starting pitching was as weak as I can ever remember.
I'm going to hate the system and my own team if that's OK.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only sport that has this kind of nonsense is soccer and let's be honest...baseball doesn't hold a candle to the worldwide appeal of soccer.

in the US baseball has become extremely regional. If the goal is to turn off much of the country deals like this are a good start.

I'm on record not caring If there is a cap...and would prefer moreso a floor but if we can pull shit like this now there is no limit to the separation that is about to follow.
Guessing the reason there is no cap is because many owners (or at least 3-5) agree with you and don't want one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough to make sure the best teams all make the field.

It is scientific.

I like 12.
so the NFL playoff does not count when a really good team sits at home for an 8-9 win division winner? How about MLB if a 100 win team sits it out?

I wanted 8 for the longest time but 12 sounds good too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing the reason there is no cap is because many owners (or at least 3-5) agree with you and don't want one.
the reason there is not a cap is the MLB players union.

they are the only players union that has any strength at all. NBA players blow all their money and need the next check. NFL players have a short short short career and cant give up any of it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the reason there is not a cap is the MLB players union.

they are the only players union that has any strength at all. NBA players blow all their money and need the next check. NFL players have a short short short career and cant give up any of it.
Yeah I don't think that's it.....IF all owners wanted a cap they could make the players fold eventually if they wanted.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the MLBPA doesn't want one either. They've amazingly managed to get 98 percent of the workforce to bargain to the benefit of the top 2 percent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think that's it.....IF all owners wanted a cap they could make the players fold eventually if they wanted.
I mean- in large part that is it--- their are certain owners that would fight it but obviously the majority would be in favor of it.

Also- just how the MLB operates makes it difficult as well considering how much local TV factors into each individual teams profits - which is totally different than the NFL, and still significantly different than the NBA. NBA and NFL have much more national TV deals and more equal split of revenue- though their are still higher revenue teams in the NBA and NFL but def. not nearly as stark a difference as in MLB.

for instance- there is a big difference in revenue between the Lakers and Hornets--- without a doubt- but there is a much bigger difference between the Pirates and Dodgers.

For instance- I think I saw the last Dodgers TV deal they signed in 2013 is for 25 years- and averages about 335 million per year (obviously more in the later years- less in the earlier years- I am sure its weighted)---- while the Guardians annual TV revenue right now is 55 million.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the MLBPA doesn't want one either. They've amazingly managed to get 98 percent of the workforce to bargain to the benefit of the top 2 percent.
the MLBPA is notoriously hardcore--- they actually cancelled a World Series in our lifetime. You would never ever see that in the NFL or NBA. Even the 2020 season the MLBPA was extremely difficult to negotiate with.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the MLBPA is notoriously hardcore--- they actually cancelled a World Series in our lifetime. You would never ever see that in the NFL or NBA. Even the 2020 season the MLBPA was extremely difficult to negotiate with.
they're lucky sports is the only thing that sells ads on live tv anymore.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the players don't want one but if the owners were in unison it's likely they'd have one just like the NFL and NBA. They could hold out longer than the players.