• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally wanna see him start under center week one. After all he has NFL experience playing QB and Trevor doesn't.

I can hear it now..."We want Tebow. We want Tebow". lol

Mike Florio had an interesting take that I hadn't considered.

He said that he thinks Tebow will make the practice squad and they will "call him up" from time to time for the occasional "gadget type play".

Says it's keep the Tebow fans in North Florida happy and will sell jerseys.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can hear it now..."We want Tebow. We want Tebow". lol

Mike Florio had an interesting take that I hadn't considered.

He said that he thinks Tebow will make the practice squad and they will "call him up" from time to time for the occasional "gadget type play".

Says it's keep the Tebow fans in North Florida happy and will sell jerseys.

Didn't even think about jersey sales. He makes the team and whatever his number is it'll be a big seller.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't even think about jersey sales. He makes the team and whatever his number is it'll be a big seller.

lol

Tebow has his fans and they are loyal and loud.

My sister is a huge Tebow fan. I'd bet she'll get a Tebow jersey and she isn't even a Jags fan and doesn't live in Florida.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Tebow has his fans and they are loyal and loud.

My sister is a huge Tebow fan. I'd bet she'll get a Tebow jersey and she isn't even a Jags fan and doesn't live in Florida.

One of my neighbors is a big-time Tebow fan. Still to this day doesn't understand why he's not in the NFL. This was 4 or 5 years ago, same neighbor. It's NFL time & we were talking about the Broncos. He's going on & on about how Tebow gotta bad deal from the NFL.

So I tried to explain to him what Tebow's issues were. Started by mentioning his stats. Told him his one year as a starter (he went 7-4) he only completed 46.5% of his passes. Had 6 int's & 14 fumbles. In the playoffs he completed 40% of his passes in two games with no TD's.

My neighbor told me stats can be deceiving. That they don't measure a players heart & devotion. How do you reason with some like that?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously my team doesn't have a shot in hell at winning it all. In any normal year I'd be driving the Lakers Haters bandwagon, not this year. Enemy # 1 by a longshot are the Nets.

I just hope Kyrie puts forth the same effort in these playoffs that he showed in Boston in that 2nd round series against the Bucks. He really is a jackass in sneakers.

And heard this interesting stat last week on PTI or Around the Horn (don't remember which one). The Nets have a losing record when KD & Kyrie both play.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my neighbors is a big-time Tebow fan. Still to this day doesn't understand why he's not in the NFL. This was 4 or 5 years ago, same neighbor. It's NFL time & we were talking about the Broncos. He's going on & on about how Tebow gotta bad deal from the NFL.

So I tried to explain to him what Tebow's issues were. Started by mentioning his stats. Told him his one year as a starter (he went 7-4) he only completed 46.5% of his passes. Had 6 int's & 14 fumbles. In the playoffs he completed 40% of his passes in two games with no TD's.

My neighbor told me stats can be deceiving. That they don't measure a players heart & devotion. How do you reason with some like that?

It's difficult.

My sister was the same way, especially when he was in Denver (she's a Broncos fan). I basically agreed with her and explained the problem with his throwing motion and why it doesn't work in the NFL. I told her that he needed to go someplace where he wasn't the biggest name in the QB room. Or in the case of Denver at the time, the whole team. Told her that he needed to go someplace where he can take a couple of years and have his throwing motion completely broken down and re-done without the fans chanting his name every game.

I thought that could have happened when he went to the Patriots...but that ended pretty quick which tells me that Belichik looked at him and said..."Dude can't play".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tebow sucked- no doubt

but if you are going to rip him at least be correct ya GD moron

he had 2 TD's and 0 interceptions in his 2 playoff games.

i only remembered that because i remember like the 80 yard TD he had to win the first playoff game- and then had to look it up becuase you are so obviously wrong.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow sucked- no doubt

but if you are going to rip him at least be correct ya GD moron

he had 2 TD's and 0 interceptions in his 2 playoff games.

i only remembered that because i remember like the 80 yard TD he had to win the first playoff game- and then had to look it up becuase you are so obviously wrong.

Go fuck yourself you worthless POS. So I misspoke. Unlike you who's a professional bullshit peddler.

You have alotta nerve correcting anyone. Tell me again how LeBron's legacy is ruined. Or how Steph's overrated. You asshole with internet access.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go fuck yourself you worthless POS. So I misspoke. Unlike you who's a professional bullshit peddler.

You have alotta nerve correcting anyone. Tell me again how LeBron's legacy is ruined. Or how Steph's overrated. You asshole with internet access.
1620853611271.png

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying the Browns should do it,

But that is exactly what most Laker fans were saying about the prospect of trading Ball, Ingram, etc for a proven star.

If Rodgers can get the Browns a Super Bowl it is worth it.

Because chances are Baker won’t.

Most “good young QBs” don’t ever get 1.
This.

Great example, Lance.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what Cowherd said this morning. That's a big advantage for the Chiefs.
yah.......

I love what the Browns have done on defense- but not having any regular season games to get it together is a bummer. They will probably have between 7 and 9 new defensive starters.

but- i gotta s ay- thats gonna be a helluva fun matchup.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will tell ya what- this Indians team is exciting.

So many people panned the Corey Kluber trade to the Rangers a couple years ago where the Indians only got 1 relief pitcher- the name of Emanuel Clase.

Now the Indians have Clase---- and James Karinchak- two of the best, young, talented, cost controlled, relievers in the entire game set to pitch the 8th and 9th on any given night--- turning it into pretty much a 7 inning game.

Thus far Karinchak has been NASTY: 18.1 innnings pitched- 35 k's, era under 0.50 whip under 0.50 era ---- thats almost 2 k's per inning pitched- and 1 earned run thus far.

Clase has been awesome too 17 innings pitched era a little over 1. perfect on save chances thus far.

pretty great to have 2 young relievers with dominant stuff. Its been a huge advantage thus far for a team that struggles on offense a lot of nights.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not saying the Browns should do it.

But if Rodgers wins a Super Bowl then any price is worth it.

And if Rodgers goes to say, Denver or another AFC team, the Browns window to win gets a lot more narrow.

Once you pay guys like Mayfield and Chubb, it is much harder to put quality pieces around them. While there are plenty of examples of average QBs winning, there are many more of average QBs not winning.
not even CLOSE to the same thing as the Lakers with Ball and Ingram trying to trade for a proven star- not even in the same GALAXY.

The Lakers were trading guys that had literally done nothing- and made it nowhere. The Browns just won a playoff game with Baker playing amazing in the 2nd half of the season once he learned the offense. Trading players that were 23 years old who had proven nothing is not even a little like trading a QB that has already won a playoff game after coming to a team that was 0-16.

That- and the Lakers werent looking for an all star at the end of his career- they traded for a 26 year old Davis- not a QB who will be 38 before next years Super Bowl.

NOT ONLY THAT- but trading for Rodgers would be terrible for the Browns cap and the teams long term prospects.

NOT ONLY THAT- but Rodgets doesnt even want to come to Cleveland.

NOT ONLY THAT- but Rodgers might not even play more than another year or two.

if Chubb leaves it will suck- but its not like they dont have Hunt who is a great back. They have already proven they dont need OBJ to win. If not for an uncalled penalty on the 1 yard line the Browns might already have a Super Bowl appearance under their belt. That is a LOT different than what the Lakers were with Ingram and Ball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not even CLOSE to the same thing as the Lakers with Ball and Ingram trying to trade for a proven star- not even in the same GALAXY.

The Lakers were trading guys that had literally done nothing- and made it nowhere. The Browns just won a playoff game with Baker playing amazing in the 2nd half of the season once he learned the offense. Trading players that were 23 years old who had proven nothing is not even a little like trading a QB that has already won a playoff game after coming to a team that was 0-16.

That- and the Lakers werent looking for an all star at the end of his career- they traded for a 26 year old Davis- not a QB who will be 38 before next years Super Bowl.

NOT ONLY THAT- but trading for Rodgers would be terrible for the Browns cap and the teams long term prospects.

NOT ONLY THAT- but Rodgets doesnt even want to come to Cleveland.

NOT ONLY THAT- but Rodgers might not even play more than another year or two.

if Chubb leaves it will suck- but its not like they dont have Hunt who is a great back. They have already proven they dont need OBJ to win. If not for an uncalled penalty on the 1 yard line the Browns might already have a Super Bowl appearance under their belt. That is a LOT different than what the Lakers were with Ingram and Ball.

Obviously not arguing any of that. Very easy to list reasons why it is a bad idea.

But you need to understand the most likely case is that 10 years from now, Baker will be making like 50-60 million per year and the Browns will have 0 Super Bowl wins.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah.......

I love what the Browns have done on defense- but not having any regular season games to get it together is a bummer. They will probably have between 7 and 9 new defensive starters.

but- i gotta s ay- thats gonna be a helluva fun matchup.

That was the point he made. He said that if that game is later in the season, it's essentially a coin toss.