• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker had a much better college career but he played for an elite college program. Lamar's accuracy was questioned at times and decision making. Now it seems the opposite in the NFL, Baker is being questioned for these exact flaws. But it comes back to the discussion, "can a running QB be a NFL QB" and all that...well the Ravens knew something a lot didn't and he was a much better throwing QB than we thought. I just think his OL was pretty bad and that questioned him as a NFL QB. I didn't think a whole lot of him but it seems he is proving most wrong.

I think even though Baker won the Heisman and ended up having a successful college career, we have to remember...this guy is a walk-on and was always doubted. I don't think we can think of him as the #1 pick anymore. Right now he is looking more like that walk-on and not a #1 pick imo.
Only part of that I disagree with was the Ravens "knew". Pretty sure he's better than even they imagined. If they expected this, no way they wait to move up and take him. They'd have been sure to move up higher.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only part of that I disagree with was the Ravens "knew". Pretty sure he's better than even they imagined. If they expected this, no way they wait to move up and take him. They'd have been sure to move up higher.
Definitely better than they ever imagined but they had a plan with Lamar in their scheme. It paid off

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a redraft it's LJ no question...but agree no hindsight it was one of the other QBs and they'd have been ripped even more at the time had they took Josh allen.

No way he gets the year. This is not a developmental season. I'd even pull him Thursday if he doesn't have it (doesn't mean it would be for good).

Is it the QB they picked that's the problem or the team situation that picked him? He was just fine the first year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't read that from the Jets camp.

Darnold hasn't shown that he's capable of anything yet. Inconsistency.

Who does he have to throw to? What line does he have to protect him? Who on the team can run the ball? His only carry-over receiver from last year is his slot guy (who had a solid day week 1). Mims is hurt, so no help there yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it the QB they picked that's the problem or the team situation that picked him? He was just fine the first year.

Probably both. The organization isn't helping his development and he has been pretty inconsistent...so you could put it more on the organization but still giving it to the end of the season to see what Stefanski can do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mn

Agreed
Like I said he may turn out to be decent. But he should not have been drafted #1 overall.

All the other top picks have gotten a raw deal so far. Rosen keeps getting passed around without a real shot, Browns are confusing, Jets have no talent around Darnold, etc.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably both. The organization isn't helping his development and he has been pretty inconsistent...so you could put it more on the organization but still giving it to the end of the season to see what Stefanski can do.

They really need to move OBJ IMO if his target count is going to be a constant issue. Either he grows up or moves on. You can't tell a developing QB that has been struggling that he has to force a certain number of balls to a receiver.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely better than they ever imagined but they had a plan with Lamar in their scheme. It paid off

Frankly, it's the plan more teams should use. Draft a player and play him to his strengths instead of trying to mold him into something else. It's worked to a degree with Josh Allen and Kyler Murray too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really need to move OBJ IMO if his target count is going to be a constant issue. Either he grows up or moves on. You can't tell a developing QB that has been struggling that he has to force a certain number of balls to a receiver.

In his defense, that was the first game and he wasn't forcing the ball to OBJ all the time last season...they just weren't on the same page. Last game he forced the ball to OBJ...if Baker is a leader like he claims than he should be able to handle that. If he can't then I agree, take the ego out of the room and trade OBJ. Too soon still. He did better with less weapons in a year one...the obvious sign point to OBJ being the problem.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who does he have to throw to? What line does he have to protect him? Who on the team can run the ball? His only carry-over receiver from last year is his slot guy (who had a solid day week 1). Mims is hurt, so no help there yet.

That's my point. If he had the weapons that the Browns do, I think his numbers would be a lot better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good question......and I think too quick to write him off (not saying you have) after one bad game against a SB favorite.

I do wonder why he played so well year one. Was zampese THAT important to him?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll know before end of season, but certainly 1 game not nearly enough. Here's a great article if you haven't seen it.....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has really been way overblown (at least week 1). I mean, 10 targets to your alleged #1 WR not a crazy amount. and of the 10....
*3 caught (so not forced)
*2 dropped (not forced)
*2 overthrown and OBJ open (not forced)

in addition, 2 completions were wiped out by penalty.

Isn't to say they should not move him for the right offer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, it's the plan more teams should use. Draft a player and play him to his strengths instead of trying to mold him into something else. It's worked to a degree with Josh Allen and Kyler Murray too.
good point but easier to do with a guy who is MVP caliber. But no doubt Bmore saw something and knew how to use him.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's a multitude of things. The success went to bakers head big time. But yes the situation went from throw to the open guy to OMG OBJ NEEDS HIS TOUCHES

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a multitude of things. The success went to bakers head big time. But yes the situation went from throw to the open guy to OMG OBJ NEEDS HIS TOUCHES
It's way more than that (as shown above...10 targets not a lot to OBJ). He needs to trust the line more than he did week 1. Left pocket too early. In 2018 he was calm in pocket and accurate. Can he do that again? We'll find out soon or he might be pulled.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree...but not if Kitchens was his coach. I do think gase (despite his issues) could do something with our weapons.

Yeah, Kitchens is/was a barrier as well. He was so far out of his element, I almost felt sorry for him.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way more than that (as shown above...10 targets not a lot to OBJ). He needs to trust the line more than he did week 1. Left pocket too early. In 2018 he was calm in pocket and accurate. Can he do that again? We'll find out soon or he might be pulled.

I know the line wasn't great last year but he's gotta settle in this year. They ran the ball well last week.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the line wasn't great last year but he's gotta settle in this year. They ran the ball well last week.

Yeah they did run it well, not enough even to start the 3rd..go back to your strengths. Of course once it got into a blowout...nothing you can do. There are really no excuses tonight imo gotta step up