• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like another of those unnecessary (maybe untrue) comments about the kid. Enough real ones to use. Guy often took blame for losses even when they should not have been on him.

Unnecessary/untrue huh? Well let's see here. Was I wrong in saying he wasn't worth that # 1 pick? Was Freddie not a disaster? Did he not complain that the home fans were too loud? Him bitching about the fans can't be blamed on anyone but him.

Anyway I'm just glad the BM era in Cleveland is finally over. And I would think you'd agree.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unnecessary/untrue huh? Well let's see here. Was I wrong in saying he wasn't worth that # 1 pick? Was Freddie not a disaster? Did he not complain that the home fans were too loud? Him bitching about the fans can't be blamed on anyone but him.

Anyway I'm just glad the BM era in Cleveland is finally over. And I would think you'd agree.
Was not calling you out for the unnecessary untrue comments (other than the notion he didn't take responsibility).

Have heard some say he is immobile, weak arm which are both completely untrue. To the first, no, he's not LJ or Murray but he can move as well or better than many QBs. Arm strength is elite.

Notion of him being a game manager and 1-read QB also seem off base. If anything, his issues were he is not a game manager and ignores the occasional easy first read.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not calling you out for the unnecessary untrue comments (other than the notion he didn't take responsibility).

Have heard some say he is immobile, weak arm which are both completely untrue. To the first, no, he's not LJ or Murray but he can move as well or better than many QBs. Arm strength is elite.

Notion of him being a game manager and 1-read QB also seem off base. If anything, his issues were he is not a game manager and ignores the occasional easy first read.

Thanks for clearing that up, at first I wasn't sure what you were saying.

As far as him being immobile. He's not a running QB so I can see why some would call him immobile. Don't really agree that's he's totally immobile. But he's also the type of QB you don't wanna see running around anyway.

And his arm strength. It's not the best but he doesn't have a noodle arm either. He can and has made tough throws for completions. But over all there are many QB's that could be mentioned that have better arm strength than him.

The game manager. I think to a certain extent that's legit. I don't recall him having alotta big passing yard games. And not sure how many 4th quarter comebacks he had in Cleveland. But I'm guessing it wasn't many.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for clearing that up, at first I wasn't sure what you were saying.

As far as him being immobile. He's not a running QB so I can see why some would call him immobile. Don't really agree that's he's totally immobile. But he's also the type of QB you don't wanna see running around anyway.

And his arm strength. It's not the best but he doesn't have a noodle arm either. He can and has made tough throws for completions. But over all there are many QB's that could be mentioned that have better arm strength than him.

The game manager. I think to a certain extent that's legit. I don't recall him having alotta big passing yard games. And not sure how many 4th quarter comebacks he had in Cleveland. But I'm guessing it wasn't many.
I'd say the kid has elite arm strength. when he is playing well some of his best passes were on deep outs to well covered receivers (common with our slow WRs). Kid had the longest in game pass of the season last year I'm fairly certain (72-75 yards).

Want to say our O might work best with a game manager getting a lead and letting the line/run game do their thing? No disagreement....but Baker seemed to resist it.

FYI, from 2018-2020 he had a number of 4th qtr/late game comebacks. 2021 he was awful. Hell, had another week 1 but like that Bmore game in 2020 his D blew it. Here are some.......

*there was his first game ever against the Jets when he entered down 14-0. also led a drive to take the lead with a couple minutes left.
*A few weeks later he led a GW drive in OT to beat the Ravens
*also in 2018 went into 4th qtr. losing to Carolina and led 2 scoring drives to win that game
*The following week against Denver also went into 4th qtr. down and led a scoring drive to take the lead in another W
*In 2019 against the Bills the Bills took the lead with about 5 minutes left and Baker led a drive to retake the lead with under 2 minutes left (Allen failed in his chance)
*Of course the Cinci game in 2020 where he led a TD drive ending with 11 seconds left to win it.
*In addition to the Cinci game in 2020 we entered a game against Washington in the 4th behind and he led a drive to take the lead and another to pull away

*Led a drive to tie Bmore with a minute left in 2020 only to have the D give up the lead.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1)I'd say the kid has elite arm strength. when he is playing well some of his best passes were on deep outs to well covered receivers (common with our slow WRs). Kid had the longest in game pass of the season last year I'm fairly certain (72-75 yards).

Want to say our O might work best with a game manager getting a lead and letting the line/run game do their thing? No disagreement....but Baker seemed to resist it.

(2)FYI, from 2018-2020 he had a number of 4th qtr/late game comebacks. 2021 he was awful. Hell, had another week 1 but like that Bmore game in 2020 his D blew it. Here are some.......

*there was his first game ever against the Jets when he entered down 14-0. also led a drive to take the lead with a couple minutes left.
*A few weeks later he led a GW drive in OT to beat the Ravens
*also in 2018 went into 4th qtr. losing to Carolina and led 2 scoring drives to win that game
*The following week against Denver also went into 4th qtr. down and led a scoring drive to take the lead in another W
*In 2019 against the Bills the Bills took the lead with about 5 minutes left and Baker led a drive to retake the lead with under 2 minutes left (Allen failed in his chance)
*Of course the Cinci game in 2020 where he led a TD drive ending with 11 seconds left to win it.
*In addition to the Cinci game in 2020 we entered a game against Washington in the 4th behind and he led a drive to take the lead and another to pull away

*Led a drive to tie Bmore with a minute left in 2020 only to have the D give up the lead.

1. You saw a helluva lot more of him than I did during his time in Cleveland so not gonna doubt that at all.

2. He played in 60 & started 59 games. Got this info from pro-football-ref.com. Six 4th quarter comebacks and 7 game winning drives. Then just for the hell of it I looked up how many 300 yard passing games he had. From footballdb-.com. Ten total. Three in '18. Three in '19. Two in '20. And two in '21.

There's no doubt he had some exciting moments in Cleveland. Yeah I don't like him. But I did want him to be successful for our team. Just wasn't meant to be.

The funny thing about the '18 draft is how disappointed I kinda was with that # 1 and # 3 pick. Like I mentioned before I wanted Josh Allen. I like the Ward pick, finally drafted a Buckeye! But with that first pick I was hoping for Barkley. Good thing that didn't happen. Chubb's been the more reliable rb.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonsolin is already making rehab starts. Everyone gets hurt at some point. LOL at rooting for injuries to prove a point.

I didn't say anything about city size, and LA is not a factor in this Cubs vs Indians world series discussion.

Explain why the Rams have two guys near the top of jersey sales, yet no Browns? Must be that huge Browns fan base doesn't like to buy jerseys?

Do Browns fans not like Instagram either?

when did I say I was rooting for an injury?

I just said I am not surprised he got hurt and missed significant time after greatly exceeding the number of innings he has pitched in a single season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just said I am not surprised he got hurt and missed significant time after greatly exceeding the number of innings he has pitched in a single season.

You brought it up in a discussion that he was not a part of. You were looking for somewhere to gloat, lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You been listening to fans, reporters, etc offer opinions on whether Myles should play this weekend? It's comical. Like anyone but the docs and Myles has a clue.....and if you have not spoken to them how could anyone know what he or the team should do?

Guessing coach will do what he usually does and not tell anyone his status until he needs to.

And, sure, goes without saying most important is it seems like he'll eventually be fine and no one was seriously hurt. Can only hope it serves as some sort of wakeup call to him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You been listening to fans, reporters, etc offer opinions on whether Myles should play this weekend? It's comical. Like anyone but the docs and Myles has a clue.....and if you have not spoken to them how could anyone know what he or the team should do?

Guessing coach will do what he usually does and not tell anyone his status until he needs to.

And, sure, goes without saying most important is it seems like he'll eventually be fine and no one was seriously hurt. Can only hope it serves as some sort of wakeup call to him.

Always cracks me up when folks try to do that.

If there's no concussion and his injuries are bumps and bruises, he probably plays.

If there is a concussion or some injury that could be made worse if he plays, he likely doesn't.

But none of us are going to know until he or the Browns make an announcement.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always cracks me up when folks try to do that.

If there's no concussion and his injuries are bumps and bruises, he probably plays.

If there is a concussion or some injury that could be made worse if he plays, he likely doesn't.

But none of us are going to know until he or the Browns make an announcement.
Said shoulder strain and another strain (cannot recall). No concussion. Get the usual "knowing the Browns with injuries.......". Does that mean they are like most teams and listen to the docs and players?

Some see how bad the car was totaled so just assume he cannot and should not play but every accident is different (as well as every person). Hell, I was in a rollover where the car was totaled. Walked out of the car and waited for the ambulance someone else called to be safe. Felt fine until ribs started hurting and diagnosed with broken ribs. Holy hell did they hurt. Nothing broken on Myles so no broken ribs.

I mean, people can be badly injured in a fender bender. Ya just never know to make assumptions like so many are.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said shoulder strain and another strain (cannot recall). No concussion. Get the usual "knowing the Browns with injuries.......". Does that mean they are like most teams and listen to the docs and players?

Some see how bad the car was totaled so just assume he cannot and should not play but every accident is different (as well as every person). Hell, I was in a rollover where the car was totaled. Walked out of the car and waited for the ambulance someone else called to be safe. Felt fine until ribs started hurting and diagnosed with broken ribs. Holy hell did they hurt. Nothing broken on Myles so no broken ribs.

I mean, people can be badly injured in a fender bender. Ya just never know to make assumptions like so many are.

Bicep

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball people, are the Yankees going to let Judge walk? Stenbrenner will be turning in his grave if they do.