• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting weekend. My wife and I are flying into Atlanta Friday morning. My buddy has season tickets to Braves and Falcons games so we are going to the Braves game on Saturday night-Scherzer vs Wright-that should be a fun one. Then going to the Browns-Falcons game Sunday-Garrett not likely to play which is disappointing I wanted to see him play.
Looks like the weather will be ok and just missing us, probably going to hit up Six Flags Saturday as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like all those stories I heard growing up of the ‘64 Phillies. They’re playing horrible baseball. Even if they make the playoffs they’re one and done.
ehh...momentum is hte next days starting pitcher

in a 3 game series- Wheeler and Nola can get it done-

but they gotta make it- having the tie breaker is pretty huge.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 @Shanemansj13

have you guys watched Brennan at all?

dude looks a LOT like Kwan......might even be a better hitter- with less OBP skills- less defense.
way too small a sample size to call him another Kwan. Not sure I see it and I don't mean that as a negative toward Brennan. In his short time he looks like he belongs at the plate and field.

Gonna have to make some tough decisions next year as barring a trade of a bunch of kids could be a lot of ML ready talent in AAA

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh...momentum is hte next days starting pitcher

in a 3 game series- Wheeler and Nola can get it done-

but they gotta make it- having the tie breaker is pretty huge.
Can they? Phil’s are 27-29 in Wheeler or Nola starts this year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting weekend. My wife and I are flying into Atlanta Friday morning. My buddy has season tickets to Braves and Falcons games so we are going to the Braves game on Saturday night-Scherzer vs Wright-that should be a fun one. Then going to the Browns-Falcons game Sunday-Garrett not likely to play which is disappointing I wanted to see him play.
Looks like the weather will be ok and just missing us, probably going to hit up Six Flags Saturday as well.
Have you heard something that makes you think Garrett not likely to play? at this point seems as likely as not.

Have fun on your trip and bring back a winner!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way too small a sample size to call him another Kwan. Not sure I see it and I don't mean that as a negative toward Brennan. In his short time he looks like he belongs at the plate and field.

Gonna have to make some tough decisions next year as barring a trade of a bunch of kids could be a lot of ML ready talent in AAA
with the guys they have that have gotten some experience in the majors- they could really put togetehr an attractive package for a good player if they really wanted to do it.

Not saying they would- but a package with Morris/Brennan/Arias would be a huge get for a team that is rebuilding.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the guys they have that have gotten some experience in the majors- they could really put togetehr an attractive package for a good player if they really wanted to do it.

Not saying they would- but a package with Morris/Brennan/Arias would be a huge get for a team that is rebuilding.
Have to think Kwan, Straw and Gonzalez are near locks in the OF next season. Ramirez and Giminez are locks at 3B and 2B. Kind of hoping Rosario agrees to a reasonable deal and is kept as seems like a great fit in the 2 hole. . He's not on JRam level but could see him doing what JRam did and talking well under market value to stay (JRam also said to be one of his best friends on team). Naylor will either be 1B and/or DH. Not much room for Brennan, Arias, Valera and Rocchio. Never mind Miller and Benson.

C all depends on if Bo Naylor is ready. I'd usually be screaming to go after a stud but not even sure who and what position we need one other than maybe 1B/DH or perhaps catcher.

I guess maybe another stud SP?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think Kwan, Straw and Gonzalez are near locks in the OF next season. Ramirez and Giminez are locks at 3B and 2B. Kind of hoping Rosario agrees to a reasonable deal and is kept as seems like a great fit in the 2 hole. . He's not on JRam level but could see him doing what JRam did and talking well under market value to stay (JRam also said to be one of his best friends on team). Naylor will either be 1B and/or DH. Not much room for Brennan, Arias, Valera and Rocchio. Never mind Miller and Benson.

C all depends on if Bo Naylor is ready. I'd usually be screaming to go after a stud but not even sure who and what position we need one other than maybe 1B/DH or perhaps catcher.

I guess maybe another stud SP?
I think that Valera and Rocchio eventually push the issue. I think both got promoted for the end of the triple A season this year.

I can see them spending most, if not all of the season in triple A next year- both are still very very young for that level.

but out of all our prospects- I think Rocchio is the one I have the most confidence in. Valera has some miss potential, but he has a really solid approach.

Williams may be ready next year but Espino needs to stay healthy next year- but with pitching- its just so much more stuff dependent. If both those guys are healthy and throwing well- either could def. make some major league starts next year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Valera and Rocchio eventually push the issue. I think both got promoted for the end of the triple A season this year.

I can see them spending most, if not all of the season in triple A next year- both are still very very young for that level.

but out of all our prospects- I think Rocchio is the one I have the most confidence in. Valera has some miss potential, but he has a really solid approach.

Williams may be ready next year but Espino needs to stay healthy next year- but with pitching- its just so much more stuff dependent. If both those guys are healthy and throwing well- either could def. make some major league starts next year.
Seems like Plesac could be gone so could be Morris or one of them.....plus what to do with Bieber IF it's clear he wants the last dollar.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good shit

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing Stros wont need the games so that should help the Phils.
Actually, because the Astros are getting the bye and will have 4 days off, I’m projecting that the Astros will not want to give their regulars off. I would be worried about that kind of break if I’m the Astros. I would play my guys.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is just crazy. Nola has prob. pitched even better than Wheeler. Both guys are top 10.....prob. higher...guys in the NL this year.
Yep. All about the run support and handing the ball to the pen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, because the Astros are getting the bye and will have 4 days off, I’m projecting that the Astros will not want to give their regulars off. I would be worried about that kind of break if I’m the Astros. I would play my guys.
I guess could see them use top pitchers so not too much time before they start in ALDS.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess could see them use top pitchers so not too much time before they start in ALDS.
My guess is that they stay on their schedule because with 4 days off they can set their rotation without having to juggle anybody. Phil’s best chance is that the Brewers match their futility. This is a regular September occurrence of late in Philly. One of Kapler’s teams only needed to go 2-6 to get into the playoffs and they finished 1-7. They wilt every September. They need to shed some of these guys like Nola and Hoskins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you heard something that makes you think Garrett not likely to play? at this point seems as likely as not.

Have fun on your trip and bring back a winner!!
Not really I just thought they would take precaution. He has clear concussion protocol but he has minor injuries to wrist and biceps so we will see.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just wrong.

Report: Brett Favre's charity foundation gave more than $130,000to Southern Miss athletics

His charity, Favre 4 Hope, has given S. Miss 60K in 2018 (50K more than anyone else). In 2019 gave the school 46K and in 2020 gave them more than 26K.

Such a payment conflicts with the stated mission of the foundation, which is to support "charitable organizations whose focus is on providing support for disadvantaged children" and "nonprofits that provide assistance to breast cancer patients."

He really is a scumbag.