• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after their world series title- Royals were at the end of the line and went into the inevitable rebuild MOST small market teams go into

they are starting to build their talent base and should take some solid steps the next year or two to get back to beinga pretty good team

a lot of these small market teams do that type of cycle---- which makes it all the more impressive Tampa and Cleveland have seemed to avoid bottoming out. Hell- even the Astros and Nationals bottomed out before their runs.

Brady Singer pitched like a guy who can be an ace. His sinker and slider had the Dodgers off balance all game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady Singer pitched like a guy who can be an ace. His sinker and slider had the Dodgers off balance all game.
I remember watching his debut vs the Indians a couple years ago and saying to myself, when this kid puts it altogether he can be really freaking good. He is getting there, still got some ways to go. Still pretty inconsistent

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've coached youth league football, basketball and baseball. The problems with all 3 were the same...the adults.
Cannot say I had many issues with parents where we live (especially compared to horror stories I've heard) but the kids (other than young boys being idiots) were hardly ever an issue.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple. lol

With the teams I coached, it was some parents, but also coaches acting like they thought they were going to be hired by a professional team because they had such good youth teams.

I have to say, my favorite youth league team I ever coached was also the last one I coached.

It was basketball. They had a ''draft'' and the only kid in the entire draft that I knew anything about was my son, who had never played organized basketball. I had 3 other layers who also had never played organized basketball. A bunch of the teams were stacked because the coaches and players all knew each other and played together pretty much year round. We got beat so bad in the first 2 games that they actually turned off the scoreboard. But, we kept working on fundamentals (and defense...lots of defense lol), the kids never quit playing hard and we ended up making the playoffs and lost in the semi-finals.
Oh my that first comment is so true. I have a friend like this. Win and it's all him. Lose and he'll actually blame the little kids. Ironically, when it comes to pros he's actually Blame the Coach Guy and when an adult player messes up he blames the coach.

Me? I can readily admit the baseball championship we won was because we had the best players? Guess i could say the GM in me helped at the draft but even that would not be true because a couple of our best players were 2 kids we knew nothing about.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 remember when you were saying backup QB is the best job in sports?

Josh Johnson has played in 7 seasons on 6 different teams.....completed 58% of his passes for 2,270 yards, 13 TD's to 16 INT's. Only made 9 starts and played in 37 games.

His net worth? 18 million.....his agent needs a raise. He's going into the season as Russell Wilson's backup in Denver.

That's just the beginning of it with Josh Johnson, as he's been in and out of multiple leagues as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if Guardians could get a mid-tier payroll and go up to 110M or so.......it would allow them to keep a guy like Bieber....and to add 1 or 2 more players to really solidfy the roster

hopefully with the new minority owner (taht will likely become a majority owner at some point) they can increase the payroll. They are a year - or maybe even 2- early with contention this year-- so I get it this year...but I hope in the next year or two we see an expansion of the payroll.
TBH, if Bieber wants the last dollar this offseason might be the time to deal him, especially if he finishes strong as could get a haul for him. Not down with paying a pitcher a megadeal, especially in our market.

Having said that, they need to spend the money to help the team elsewhere....and find a front of the line starter to replace him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The payroll argument is so stupid when speaking about a random ass 3 game set in a sport that plays 162 games. Pirates went into LA and swept the dodgers this year. Nationals won a series there as well
that's fair. Hell, in baseball a AAA team could beat the parent club on occasion.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope The Game is ready for the blowback......Em showed he still has it when he responded to MGK.

This shit is all part of the genre. If he were still around 'Pac would have been an OG and doing the same......LOL.

LOL. The Game just released an album this past Friday....this is all just to draw attention.

EDIT: just saw you mentioned this a bit later

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all

in this 3 game series- the Guardians look like they are going to win 2 games against Gausman and Berrios---- 2 guys that would represent the 2nd and 3rd biggest contracts in the history of the Guardians (by far) if they signed them.

Its a challenge any time you face these teams with payrolls that are 2x, 3x, or almost 4x your own payroll.
That's true in a sense, but while I wouldn't have called your argument stupid his point was also true. I mean, Columbus would beat the parent club on occasion if they played.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consecutive strong starts by Gonsolin after his 2 or 3 start rough patch. Seems that wall he supposedly hit was break-away.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way off sports topic but funny as fuck...LOL.
Screenshot_20220815-143306~2.png