• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA is a joke today.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But while we are talking about favorite eras, I'll probably go with the era I grew up in in the mid to late 90's. I remember waking up every morning and holding the sports page from the newspaper and reading all the box scores and standings, maybe only able to catch the Blazer game the night before on local cable TV, so I was anxiously seeing how the rest of the league did.

Had to wait until Sunday to watch NBA on NBC to catch out of market games.

One thing I regret from that era was not enjoying the pure amazingly play of Jordan. I did not like the Bulls or Jordan. I was a Penny Hardaway Orlando Magic and Portland fan. I look back at it now and wish I would have enjoyed the Bulls dominance and Jordan's prime. Instead I was rooting against the Bulls every game.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've been less harsh in my OP but when his closing sentence was this, "Need a new leadership from the top to save this sport from the lazy, spoiled thugs that are poisoning this sport." Does that not SCREAM to you that this guy is insane? Like what in the actual hell is he talking about?!

Maybe I rushed to make an assumption but I wasn't the only one saying he sounded like an old man that yells GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN YA DAMN KIDS. That's the impression I got from him.

And to say younger people tend to personally attack people with different opinions is hilarious, because that is a trait that older generations are literally known for. Stubbornness, afraid of change, etc. Not saying you are or he is, but that's the stereotype. My generation is pretty damn accepting and tolerates a lot of shit some I like, some I don't, but that's for another day. I guess the league is just filled with thugs, right? lol.. also hilarious since the guy is an NFL fan based off his logo.

And to be honest, I hate the whole "generation" talk, it's usually a topic that is best for the Politics board, so I'll end it here. I'm done. *Sting drops mic*
Obviously your little quote at the end of your posts speaks volume to your character. I'm also 100%positive your not done. :)

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my day we walked 10 miles in the snow...lol

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who grew up watching the NBA like me starting in early 70's was treated to a great sport. I was huge Laker fan but I loved watching many of the other teams as well. Defense was as exciting to watch as much as it has always been in the NFL. You couldn't wait to see how your team and it's players performed defensively vs the top scores on other teams. The game then was exciting and non stop competitive week in and week out. The NBA fans of today just have no clue as to how this " once" great sport is supposed to be played. Today's game.....nobody plays or respects the defense anymore, guys can rarely hit uncontested 10' jumps shots, all they do now is hit dunks and 3 point shots with hardly any contested attempts. Today's NBA is a joke and only those who used to watch it when they actually had pride on both sides of ball will know what I'm talking about. Harden is a perfect example of what's wrong with the NBA and if things don't start revert back to the elements that used to make this game so great, the league is doomed. Embarrassing. Need a new leadership from the top to save this sport from the lazy, spoiled thugs that are poisoning this sport.
You're just pissed because the Lakers stink.