• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't agree because you think Lebron is either better, or equal to , MJ.

He's not.

No I don't.

But I do think he is number 2 and he has a chance.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't agree because you think Lebron is either better, or equal to , MJ.

He's not.

The statement I don't agree with is that the GOAT debate is decided by accomplishments on the court. That isn't necesarilly true. Many people dislike LeBron and that plays a role in the conversation.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The statement I don't agree with is that the GOAT debate is decided by accomplishments on the court. That isn't necesarilly true. Many people dislike LeBron and that plays a role in the conversation.
I think the GOAT debate - in this particular basketball setting - should be limited to accomplishments on the court. We as fans don't know enough about these players on a personal level - other than what we learn through the media which we find most of the time to have a lot of inaccuracy- to determine those things as supporting factors. IMO the common denominator should be basketball & that's it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the GOAT debate - in this particular basketball setting - should be limited to accomplishments on the court. We as fans don't know enough about these players on a personal level - other than what we learn through the media which we find most of the time to have a lot of inaccuracy- to determine those things as supporting factors. IMO the common denominator should be basketball & that's it.

I agree that it should be, but it never will. People are biased on both sides.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will LeBron let Durant or green guard him. Or will he try to get switched on to curry every other play like the shortcut player he is.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will LeBron let Durant or green guard him. Or will he try to get switched on to curry every other play like the shortcut player he is.
Either way, he will Not be able to play the roaming free safety role on defense in this series

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This post shows zero comprehension of how basketball is played. LeBron would be an idiot to go 1 on 1 against Green and KD instead of getting switched into an easier matchup. But go ahead. Keep blasting LeBron for being intelligent.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, he will Not be able to play the roaming free safety role on defense in this series
I think last year having to guard H. Barnes was something he could do in his sleep. On offense being guarded by H. Barnes he could get whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. This time around not so much. He will have to repeatedly pick his poison on defense.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post shows zero comprehension of how basketball is played. LeBron would be an idiot to go 1 on 1 against Green and KD instead of getting switched into an easier matchup. But go ahead. Keep blasting LeBron for being intelligent.

Didn't kawhi take it right at him the year he won finals MVP? Did Jordan shoot the game winner over Bryon Russell or did he get switched onto Stockton? Maybe some people just expect more from the supposed greatest player ever. Greatest player ever doesn't need easy matchups they dominate whoever choose to guard them. That's not leshortcut DNA

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't kawhi take it right at him the year he won finals MVP? Did Jordan shoot the game winner over Bryon Russell or did he get switched onto Stockton? Maybe some people just expect more from the supposed greatest player ever. Greatest player ever doesn't need easy matchups they dominate whoever choose to guard them. That's not leshortcut DNA

Again, you are trying to reduce a team game to a 1 on 1 contest. Kawhi was part of a great team that relied on ball movement. He was not playing 1 on 1 against LeBron.

LeBron can score on anyone, but suggesting he should avoid seeking out switches to make the game easier is foolish at best. If LeBron repeatedly tries to go 1 on 1 against the Warriors best defenders, the already slim chances the Cavs have will be reduced to near zero. He is one of the smartest players in the league. If he fails to use his brain to create easy offense, he will be ignoring one of his best assets.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, okay....

I misunderstood.

...and you are correct.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it should be, but it never will. People are biased on both sides.
I totally admit that I am a Jordan fangirl.

But, if the Cavs beat the Warriors...

I might be dryheaving by mid June.

....but, I don't think they will.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just over 60 minutes to go.....good gawd I can't wait!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel so dirty.............
I thought you liked it when I slipped you a digit?

jumping-up.gif