• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Varying degrees of Lebron haters. I'm a Lebron hater (or strong disliker). But I see your point....

And that's fine, fans can hate whoever they want I just don't get it. MJ is a god and he was way more reprehensible. Did you read that link about The Jordan Rules I posted?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want, I'll just let you change my name to whatever you want for 3 months, if @trojanfan12 is able to change it.

no prob, bro. i know you're good for it...

and btw, good luck to the Heat this off-season.If they play ball like they did the 2nd half of last season for a FULL season i can see them challenging the Cavs...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, ok well...there's a plus...

sheesh, and now THAT fool's gonna have a ring...:L

#where'sthejustice?

I bet Matt Barnes wants to run over Derek Fisher. When DF got that DUI recently didn't he flip MB's SUV on the highway?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's fine, fans can hate whoever they want I just don't get it. MJ is a god and he was way more reprehensible. Did you read that link about The Jordan Rules I posted?

I have a colleague from North Carolina that said MJ was an asshole. When he worked at a grocery store during high school, MJ purposefully cut some poor old lady in line. Dude told him to get back at the end of the line. He's not a sports fan.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Cleveland would still have 2 all stars left, which is assets that they could have and get somewhat equal return. Getting a 1-year rental from George would be a disaster considering they have Love locked up for the next 4 years.

On a bad contract. To me, Love is a liability, not an asset. Getting rid of him, imo, would be as big of a win as landing George.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and btw, good luck to the Heat this off-season.If they play ball like they did the 2nd half of last season for a FULL season i can see them challenging the Cavs...
After the clock struck 0:00 last night I went into to full football mode.

FUTURE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS

miami-dolphins-logo-hi-res-2013.jpg

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man still on cloud 9 from last night. Couple of things I'd like to highlight that haven't gotten really mentioned, that I've seen.

1) Draymond did exceptionally well to avoid foul trouble last night. By doing so, he allowed himself to be more available for use in the death lineup which was critical to the success of the team.

2) Kerr coached a fantastic game. I've ragged on him for actually most of his tenure about his rotations, but last night I thought he made two critical moves. 1) He cut Javale McGee out of the rotation and upped David West minutes at the 5. 2) He cut Ian Clark from the rotation and gave those minutes to Pat McCaw. Both McGee and Clark were getting killed in the pick and roll by the Cavs in game 4. The West move was much easier to predict because of West's track record, but to put it on the line and play a second round rookie 12 huge minutes in an NBA final game and be right was amazing. Kudos for that.

3) Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston came up clutch in game 5. Both hit huge baskets at critical times for the Warriors. On top of that, both of them played solid defense and didn't let the moment slip away from them.

4) Lastly, KD was the deciding factor here. No other way around it. I thought the Cavs played actually an incredible series. If this Cavs team played last year's Warriors squad in the finals this year, the Cavs win easily. There's just no answer for a 7 footer with the skill set Durant has.

I think these two teams are going to run it back for the next two years, barring something crazy happening. What will be interesting to see is how the Warriors re-tool in the off-season. The Warriors have a crazy amount of free agents and will have limited cap space with significant raises to Curry and Durant. I think Clark, Livingston, Pachulia and McAdoo are gone. I think we'll probably retain Iguodala, West and McGee. McCaw figures to be a 20 minute a game guy next year. Still significant holes on the bench though.

what? YOU again...?

What about the baby...?

naw man, just messin' with ya. congrats...:suds:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a bad contract. To me, Love is a liability, not an asset. Getting rid of him, imo, would be as big of a win as landing George.

He's an all star. He's not on a bad contract. Against every other team he's 20 and 10 walking. Unfortunately, the team they'll see in the Finals for the foreseeable future is the one team that he struggles against because of matchups.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just outta yer mind. Haven't you listened to anything wiggy sayz about the Heat? I don't even know why Whiteside's in the NBA. The Heat must really be desperate. And Pat Riley is about 10 years past his prime. I wouldn't be surprised if on draft day Miami drafts a player that's not even eligible. Pat has lost what he never had. Time for that old fart to retire.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man still on cloud 9 from last night. Couple of things I'd like to highlight that haven't gotten really mentioned, that I've seen.

1) Draymond did exceptionally well to avoid foul trouble last night. By doing so, he allowed himself to be more available for use in the death lineup which was critical to the success of the team.

2) Kerr coached a fantastic game. I've ragged on him for actually most of his tenure about his rotations, but last night I thought he made two critical moves. 1) He cut Javale McGee out of the rotation and upped David West minutes at the 5. 2) He cut Ian Clark from the rotation and gave those minutes to Pat McCaw. Both McGee and Clark were getting killed in the pick and roll by the Cavs in game 4. The West move was much easier to predict because of West's track record, but to put it on the line and play a second round rookie 12 huge minutes in an NBA final game and be right was amazing. Kudos for that.

3) Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston came up clutch in game 5. Both hit huge baskets at critical times for the Warriors. On top of that, both of them played solid defense and didn't let the moment slip away from them.

4) Lastly, KD was the deciding factor here. No other way around it. I thought the Cavs played actually an incredible series. If this Cavs team played last year's Warriors squad in the finals this year, the Cavs win easily. There's just no answer for a 7 footer with the skill set Durant has.

I think these two teams are going to run it back for the next two years, barring something crazy happening. What will be interesting to see is how the Warriors re-tool in the off-season. The Warriors have a crazy amount of free agents and will have limited cap space with significant raises to Curry and Durant. I think Clark, Livingston, Pachulia and McAdoo are gone. I think we'll probably retain Iguodala, West and McGee. McCaw figures to be a 20 minute a game guy next year. Still significant holes on the bench though.

Going to need to hope that Damian Jones takes that step to get into the rotation next year. Golden St. will need to find a quality SG and PF that they can insert into the lineup rotation. Thing is, there are some veterans that will want to come to Oakland to ring chase now.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just outta yer mind. Haven't you listened to anything wiggy sayz about the Heat? I don't even know why Whiteside's in the NBA. The Heat must really be desperate. And Pat Riley is about 10 years past his prime. I wouldn't be surprised if on draft day Miami drafts a player that's not even eligible. Pat has lost what he never had. Time for that old fart to retire.

shoulda stopped at "haven't you listened to anything Wiggy sayz"...?:lol:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope but played great. Had 30+ in 3 of the 5 games that year. 25 & 28 in the other 2 games. Dude avg 30 on 55% shooting in that finals which is why I never understood the whole KD is going to fold under pressure in this finals that Wigg kept insisting.

KD actually outscored Lebron in that series. The problem for OKC in that series was that Ibaka & Harden went MIA. KD & Russ did their part.

It was surreal to watch the flashbacks to that Finals and then remember that KD, Russ and Harden were all on the same team.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I'm not going to kill him for this. They need to do something about their defense though. This mediocre defense will never beat the Warriors 4 of 7

Surprised that with everything Lebron learned, that defense wasn't something he wanted his team to focus on. That's what made those Heat teams so special - relentless defense. Also is why we were ran on up and down the court in 2014 by the Spurs. Because of exhaustion from playing that type of defense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss can never again say that a healthy James/Love/Kyrie have never lost a series together.

As far as the Lue comment, didn't he say the Warriors were easier to defend then the Celtics?

Am I correct in thinking the Cavs will lose both Korver and Williams in FA?

Am I correct that they are over the cap without them?

#can'tcurestupid