• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and for all of the Durant is not an alpha because of Westbrook talk. Durant just led this Warriors team where he was allowed to be the alpha to an NBA title. That has to sting a bit.

better be nice to that cupcake. i'm sure WiggityWack's got a tad more respect for him now...:D

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By who, wiggy?

Not even wiggy. I don't think I've heard anyone on this forum argue LeBron as goat. Maybe that @lebron23 guy, but I'm not even sure about that.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd have to sign an extensions before Cleveland pulls the trigger. But he's more athletic than Love and a better matchup with the Dubs, if he's content on being the 3rd wheel.

Why? Cleveland knows they can't win with Love. Paul George shouldn't be asked to sign on to play long-term in Cleveland when LeBron can leave as soon as next offseason. Cleveland is already getting too much out of the deal, guaranteeing that George signs an extension is too much.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man still on cloud 9 from last night. Couple of things I'd like to highlight that haven't gotten really mentioned, that I've seen.

1) Draymond did exceptionally well to avoid foul trouble last night. By doing so, he allowed himself to be more available for use in the death lineup which was critical to the success of the team.

2) Kerr coached a fantastic game. I've ragged on him for actually most of his tenure about his rotations, but last night I thought he made two critical moves. 1) He cut Javale McGee out of the rotation and upped David West minutes at the 5. 2) He cut Ian Clark from the rotation and gave those minutes to Pat McCaw. Both McGee and Clark were getting killed in the pick and roll by the Cavs in game 4. The West move was much easier to predict because of West's track record, but to put it on the line and play a second round rookie 12 huge minutes in an NBA final game and be right was amazing. Kudos for that.

3) Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston came up clutch in game 5. Both hit huge baskets at critical times for the Warriors. On top of that, both of them played solid defense and didn't let the moment slip away from them.

4) Lastly, KD was the deciding factor here. No other way around it. I thought the Cavs played actually an incredible series. If this Cavs team played last year's Warriors squad in the finals this year, the Cavs win easily. There's just no answer for a 7 footer with the skill set Durant has.

I think these two teams are going to run it back for the next two years, barring something crazy happening. What will be interesting to see is how the Warriors re-tool in the off-season. The Warriors have a crazy amount of free agents and will have limited cap space with significant raises to Curry and Durant. I think Clark, Livingston, Pachulia and McAdoo are gone. I think we'll probably retain Iguodala, West and McGee. McCaw figures to be a 20 minute a game guy next year. Still significant holes on the bench though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even wiggy. I don't think I've heard anyone on this forum argue LeBron as goat. Maybe that @lebron23 guy, but I'm not even sure about that.

That's what I was thinking as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man still on cloud 9 from last night. Couple of things I'd like to highlight that haven't gotten really mentioned, that I've seen.

1) Draymond did exceptionally well to avoid foul trouble last night. By doing so, he allowed himself to be more available for use in the death lineup which was critical to the success of the team.

2) Kerr coached a fantastic game. I've ragged on him for actually most of his tenure about his rotations, but last night I thought he made two critical moves. 1) He cut Javale McGee out of the rotation and upped David West minutes at the 5. 2) He cut Ian Clark from the rotation and gave those minutes to Pat McCaw. Both McGee and Clark were getting killed in the pick and roll by the Cavs in game 4. The West move was much easier to predict because of West's track record, but to put it on the line and play a second round rookie 12 huge minutes in an NBA final game and be right was amazing. Kudos for that.

3) Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston came up clutch in game 5. Both hit huge baskets at critical times for the Warriors. On top of that, both of them played solid defense and didn't let the moment slip away from them.

4) Lastly, KD was the deciding factor here. No other way around it. I thought the Cavs played actually an incredible series. If this Cavs team played last year's Warriors squad in the finals this year, the Cavs win easily. There's just no answer for a 7 footer with the skill set Durant has.

I think these two teams are going to run it back for the next two years, barring something crazy happening. What will be interesting to see is how the Warriors re-tool in the off-season. The Warriors have a crazy amount of free agents and will have limited cap space with significant raises to Curry and Durant. I think Clark, Livingston, Pachulia and McAdoo are gone. I think we'll probably retain Iguodala, West and McGee. McCaw figures to be a 20 minute a game guy next year. Still significant holes on the bench though.

Iggy was key. I also think since they are able to rest players is just a huge key that no other team can match. Lebron was so tired while Curry and KD were well rested, it is just too big of a difference. Even if they have a shit bench next year they can still get capable guys and as long as they have Iggy maybe Liviningston they will basically the same team. Unless the Spurs change up the roster a bit and the Cavs can change up their bench as well as maybe make a small trade (not Love) then I dont see much of a difference happening in the future.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why did you mention McCaw? wiggy sayz he's the suckiest suck that ever sucked. And we all know how right wiggy is.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, i gave him cred as a player...

as a human being he's self-centered, microwaved horse manure...

I never debated him being an impeccable human being. He's not my cup of tea. At least he's not Matt Barnes though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Cleveland knows they can't win with Love. Paul George shouldn't be asked to sign on to play long-term in Cleveland when LeBron can leave as soon as next offseason. Cleveland is already getting too much out of the deal, guaranteeing that George signs an extension is too much.

Cleveland doesn't want to lose an asset like Love who's a good player (just doesn't match up with Golden St. well) for a 1-year rental. If they trade Love, then George hypothetically leaves the following offseason (especially after losing). Lebron will have squandered Cleveland's assets and he'll be gone as well.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland doesn't want to lose an asset like Love who's a good player (just doesn't match up with Golden St. well) for a 1-year rental. If they trade Love, then George hypothetically leaves the following offseason (especially after losing). Lebron will have squandered Cleveland's assets and he'll be gone as well.

And if they get their asses (with Love) dominated in the Finals again next season, LeBron may also decide to leave. If they trade for George and win the Finals against the best team ever constructed, why wouldn't George stay in Cleveland?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they get their asses (with Love) dominated in the Finals again next season, LeBron may also decide to leave.

At least Cleveland would still have 2 all stars left, which is assets that they could have and get somewhat equal return. Getting a 1-year rental from George would be a disaster considering they have Love locked up for the next 4 years.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron isn't 3 - 5. He's 3 - 11.

Kobe isn't 5 - 2. He's 5 - 15.

Jordan isn't 6 - 0. He's 6 - 9.

Jerry West isn't 1 - 8. He's 1 - 13.

etc.

Whether you get to the Finals, lose in the 1st round, or don't make the playoffs, failing to win the title is still failing to win the title.
I agree but good luck getting anyone else to lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you mention McCaw? wiggy sayz he's the suckiest suck that ever sucked. And we all know how right wiggy is.

Totally sucks man. Surprised Kerr didn't cut him mid-game.