• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Warriors game plan has a lot to do with that. They are staying home on shooters and letting LeBron and Kyrie go 1 on 1 with limited help. Klay's defense on Kyrie has been phenomenal. With the Warriors playing like this, Kyrie and Bron need to combine for at least 60-70 to give them a shot.
Agreed. But I think Kyrie & Bron would need to combine for more like 80 or so. Think back to the first round when Dame & CJ combined for 75 pts, they lost by double digits.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Warriors game plan has a lot to do with that. They are staying home on shooters and letting LeBron and Kyrie go 1 on 1 with limited help. Klay's defense on Kyrie has been phenomenal. With the Warriors playing like this, Kyrie and Bron need to combine for at least 60-70 to give them a shot.

Agree 100%. They are also showing special attention to TT and keeping him off the boards at both ends which is decreasing the Cavs possessions and increasing their own.

He's getting something like 6 fewer boards per game than last year. That's a big difference.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we get our 1st close game tonight

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, but the point is we're seeing them healthy & it hasn't gone anything like Cavs fans had DREAMED it would.

FIFY.....

I hate the Warriors. But, nobody outside those who truly despises them actually believed the Cavs had more than a punchers chance to win it.

Maybe a few delusional Cavs fans....

* Gives wiggy the side eye*

But, even @gordontrue and @Shanemansj13 knew everything would need to break right, including one of Durants knees and Curry's ankles, for the Cavs to actually win.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But I think Kyrie & Bron would need to combine for more like 80 or so. Think back to the first round when Dame & CJ combined for 75 pts, they lost by double digits.

Well, the Cavs have a bit more after their top 2 than Portland.

I think your 80 number is probably right on the road. At home though, I think they could get by with a bit less.

All that said, I still think GS wins tonight and completes the sweep in game 4.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY.....

I hate the Warriors. But, nobody outside those who truly despises them actually believed the Cavs had more than a punchers chance to win it.

Maybe a few delusional Cavs fans....

* Gives wiggy the side eye*

But, even @gordontrue and @Shanemansj13 knew everything would need to break right, including one of Durants knees and Curry's ankles, for the Cavs to actually win.

Well they did have a 93% of winning...this series is far from over though.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Cavs have a bit more after their top 2 than Portland.

I think your 80 number is probably right on the road. At home though, I think they could get by with a bit less.

All that said, I still think GS wins tonight and completes the sweep in game 4.
without a doubt they have better role players than Portland, but the problem is GS has marginalized them all defensively, including 1/3 of the big 3.

I think they win tonight because they know if they do this is their series at that point. I think a GS win tonight literally would be the punch to the bread basket that ends the fight.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Warriors fan" is bragging about a team that was said to be the greatest ever last year then blew a big lead. They go out and get a top 3 player. We didnt see this poster much when the Cavs back and won but here she is flaunting. Kinda pathetic LOL

Either way, if the Cavs can pull out a win today and start making shots, especially Kyrie they have a chance in this series.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe for a half.

I hope you are right.

But, Nothing we've seen so far tells me you are.
the games have been close in the first half of both so far....and they both pretty much have ended the same - which is the Cavs & their fans looking to the next game with a different strategy.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Warriors fan" is bragging about a team that was said to be the greatest ever last year then blew a big lead. They go out and get a top 3 player. We didnt see this poster much when the Cavs back and won but here she is flaunting. Kinda pathetic LOL

Either way, if the Cavs can pull out a win today and start making shots, especially Kyrie they have a chance in this series.
Normally I don't quote you because I have you on ignore - but clearly you have a few things mistaken & this post reeks of haterade.

First, they were the best ever last year which is why their season is in the history books.

Second, I absolutely WAS here after they lost congratulating Cavs fans. There are plenty of people here that can help refresh your memory.

Third, you're the pathetic one who is trying to call out my comments about this GS team although pretty much EVERYONE else has said the same thing.

#lookingforwardtoLBJbeingputonskatesAGAIN

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#lookingforwardtoLBJbeingputonskatesAGAIN

That move Steph made was amazing & I'm not taking anything away from him. But he double dribbled. The other day Around the Horn, PTI & sportscenter all talked about it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She was here after the choke job, congratulating the Cavs and their fans. I'm sure we can dig up the thread if you truly want to go down that path.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic couldn't do anything is pretty silly. But 1 on 1, Magic would basically be playing a faster, more athletic version of himself.

I think Magic had better court vision than Lebron, but Lebron is the better athlete and definitely a better defender than Magic was.

Yeah.....he played center vs Moses I believe.....and had 42 points, 15 rebounds, and I forget the assists but basically he had a great game.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Set it up, @Mecca.....I love you, babe.
giphy.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.....he played center vs Moses I believe.....and had 42 points, 15 rebounds, and I forget the assists but basically he had a great game.

7 (if I remember correctly)