• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think a lot of the bitterness(if you want to call it that) is that the athletes today are making SO MUCH MORE money than the previous generations, that you see the older generations clinging to their legacy. It's much more important to them now.

Even Barkley admits he's salty at the money he could make in today's game. Role players today are making more than superstars did in their careers.

I doubt money has much, if anything, to do with it. It's about being ultra competitive and having pride in what they accomplished.

Of course the guys from the past are going to say that their teams would win, they didn't achieve what they did by lacking confidence or not being competitive.

As @bksballer89 said, if the Warriors win, they'll be saying they would beat the great teams from the past. It's how these guys are wired.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol He sure did Sunday night.
thats a joke right?

lebron was not the problem

unless 12/18 shooting, 29 points, 14 assists, 11 rebounds, 3 steals is a problem---- for some reason that isnt "tired" to me...call me crazy

Thompson, JR, Shump, Korver all sucking seemed to be the problem in my opinion anyway.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a joke right?

unless 12/18 shooting, 29 points, 14 assists, 11 rebounds, 3 steals is a problem---- for some reason that isnt "tired" to me...call me crazy

Thompson, JR, Shump, Korver all sucking seemed to be the problem in my opinion anyway.

I didn't say he was the problem. I said he looked tired which, late in the game, he did. The announcers were commenting on it as well.

Him looking tired late in the game isn't a criticism, it's completely understandable. He's 32, has a ton of mileage on his body and, outside of Kevin Love, he's getting virtually no help on either end of the court.

It would be a minor miracle if he didn't look tired.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get people getting on him for saying he's not tired. If he answered yes, he would be getting crucified for making excuses.

Yeah, no way he could or would admit he's tired. Nor should he. That would just encourage the Warriors to go right at him.

Can't blame him him if he is though, dude's been having to try to win virtually by himself. If Lebron wasn't playing like he is, they'd have lost both games by about 30 each.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pshh

lebron would smother magic. he couldnt do anything against lebron.

Magic couldn't do anything is pretty silly. But 1 on 1, Magic would basically be playing a faster, more athletic version of himself.

I think Magic had better court vision than Lebron, but Lebron is the better athlete and definitely a better defender than Magic was.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no way he could or would admit he's tired. Nor should he. That would just encourage the Warriors to go right at him.

Can't blame him him if he is though, dude's been having to try to win virtually by himself. If Lebron wasn't playing like he is, they'd have lost both games by about 30 each.

I haven't wanted to say anything, and I probably never will again after this because it will sound like an excuse no matter how I put it and ultimately doesn't really matter, but...

I honestly wonder if something isn't going on. Since that 3rd game against Boston, LeBron seems to get gassed so quickly. He's been coughing a lot at pressers. He's sweating like a motherfucker. Maybe its an age thing, maybe he is dealing with something physical, maybe the Warriors are just running him ragged, or maybe its nothing. I don't know.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't wanted to say anything, and I probably never will again after this because it will sound like an excuse no matter how I put it and ultimately doesn't really matter, but...

I honestly wonder if something isn't going on. Since that 3rd game against Boston, LeBron seems to get gassed so quickly. He's been coughing a lot at pressers. He's sweating like a motherfucker. Maybe its an age thing, maybe he is dealing with something physical, maybe the Warriors are just running him ragged, or maybe its nothing. I don't know.

I hadn't noticed that in the Boston series. But I did notice that late in the last 2 games, he was looking pretty tired. Much more than in any of the previous series.

I just assumed that it was keeping up with the Warriors pace and not getting much help.

But, if he's dragging around a cold or something, that could also explain it. Especially with lack of other guys playing well.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, I'm out of here for now.

I'll be back on in 6 hours or so, either to revel in victory or to reach new heights of delusion and straw-grasping as I search for reasons not to give up hope.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a joke right?

I guess not when you're only looking at stats rather than watching the games live. If you had watched you would've seen what we all saw....he pretty much slept walked through the second half of that game.

Contrary to what you might think, he isn't going to beat this GS team by only playing for 24 minutes a night.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame him if he is though, dude's been having to try to win virtually by himself.
Interesting though, because this is the exact same thing that happened in the 2015 Finals. Of course Kyrie & Love were out, but Cavs fans are almost certain that had they been playing they would've won.

So now here we are, history repeating its self in terms of him having to do everything by himself & they think that's going to beat this GS team.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's off his cycle of juicing....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting though, because this is the exact same thing that happened in the 2015 Finals. Of course Kyrie & Love were out, but Cavs fans are almost certain that had they been playing they would've won.

So now here we are, history repeating its self in terms of him having to do everything by himself & they think that's going to beat this GS team.

To be fair, I doubt the Cavs fans figured on Love being the only other guy showing up.

Beating this GSW team was always going to be a tall order. Beating them with only 2 guys playing well is impossible.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I doubt the Cavs fans figured on Love being the only other guy showing up.

Beating this GSW team was always going to be a tall order. Beating them with only 2 guys playing well is impossible.
Totally agree, but the point is we're seeing them healthy & it hasn't gone anything like Cavs fans had hoped it would.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Warriors game plan has a lot to do with that. They are staying home on shooters and letting LeBron and Kyrie go 1 on 1 with limited help. Klay's defense on Kyrie has been phenomenal. With the Warriors playing like this, Kyrie and Bron need to combine for at least 60-70 to give them a shot.

Reactions: LAD